Huddersfield Town (v Sheff Weds) | Page 6 | Vital Football

Huddersfield Town (v Sheff Weds)

The bitterness on here is really sad

OZ 92/4

It's not bitterness...they now have moved to a club that have "history" with us. It's the rules. Just like it is the rule that I want Steve Smith to fail at every opportunity. I don't dislike the fella....he just plays for a team that has history with my team. So they get stick - end of.

It may be sad, it may be juvenile, it maybe beneath some.....or looked down on. But that's sport. They play/manage for someone else now....they chose to go
....so a touch of schadenfreude is appropriate in my book.

I would also bet my bottom dollar this will be the last match thread involving HT. As I said, it’s the first game for the Cowleys and it’s live on tv on a day when the Imps aren’t playing.
Until next week when they are on TV again against a team they turned down the chance to coach. Allegedly.

Boing Boing Baggies Baggies. :ROFLMAO:

They will be sacked before then end of the season ,stokes squad is miles better then huddersfields ,and there up and coming manager who they poached from a lower league cant do anything with them, they jumped to quick ,still the 15k a week will be ok .

They will be sacked before then end of the season ,stokes squad is miles better then huddersfields ,and there up and coming manager who they poached from a lower league cant do anything with them, they jumped to quick ,still the 15k a week will be ok .

Perhaps they will come back and we can have statutes after all

I was pilloried and some may quite rightly say so, and if you did, fair play to you. I said way back when that I said they needed a bloody nose to see how they dealt with things not going their way.

My point being then, as it is now, was that you cannot truly judge a captain, manager, leader until they are going through a bad run. It is how you deal with said bloody nose, or severe test, that determines your legacy.

They are going through their worst run as a management team. They have lost 6/7. How do you stop that. How do you turn it around. Many long term successful managers (I will mix them with our managers) often have inauspicious starts. Ferguson, Taylor, Murphy, Wenger, Keith Alexander.....and they essentially craft their way through that and become established and learn the game. The Cowleys have never gone through that. They have mainly only known success. So they now need to learn failure and how to turn it around. That is hard in this day and age, especially at the top divisions of the pyramid....where the boards have less patience than Donald Trump at 3am on Twitter.

To make this relevant to Lincoln and our current state of vacancy. We need someone of whom has had that failure and has learnt how to escape it, turn it around, learn lessons, have more than one plan, which just doesn't involve Championship Manager - as great as that game is.

Flynn and Ainsworth have had that. Ainsworth probably more so. He has more FL management experience, played with a variety of different managers, some good, some not so and still to this day credits Beck with giving him the desire to win.

When the Cowleys came to us....there wasn't alot of analysis about their tactics. Thanks to TV exposure and repetitive tactics, it is interesting to see that their repetitive weakness, being done down the left, has been mercilessly exposed by a Wednesday team, twice since July.

Bury did it to us, Everton did it to us (twice) as have many other teams at home. Along with the ball over the top, it has been one of their tactical Achilles heels.

For those interested (not Jules obviously) here is what Cowley said afterwards:
"I think today we could see that this football club and team which is hurting, which is what we anticipated. But we’re here to help them.
“This club needs some grit, we need to get some fight. We didn't have enough energy, we were too slow.
“You have two choices in life, you can be a victim or a fighter. At the minute we’re affected by the scoreboard, which you can understand. But we have to change that.
"We didn’t pass the ball with enough purpose. We need more pace in the game when we move the ball and if we do, that should give us more space."

For those interested (not Jules obviously) here is what Cowley said afterwards:
"I think today we could see that this football club and team which is hurting, which is what we anticipated. But we’re here to help them.
“This club needs some grit, we need to get some fight. We didn't have enough energy, we were too slow.
“You have two choices in life, you can be a victim or a fighter. At the minute we’re affected by the scoreboard, which you can understand. But we have to change that.
"We didn’t pass the ball with enough purpose. We need more pace in the game when we move the ball and if we do, that should give us more space."

Insert soundbite here.

Sat in Magic Rock in Huddersfield after the game...

At the game I was sat in the 617 equivalent of the Huddersfield home end, which turned pretty sour after the first goal, albeit the atmosphere was pretty flat before that. Spoke to a few of the home fans and the general consensus seems to be that the players are too poor for even a Messiah to make a difference.

Final snippet from the match day programme...

‘This is not going to be easy. We see this as the biggest challenge of our lives. We are going to need your help. Together I know we can turn the fortunes of this club around. Nicky and I look forward to continuing to get to know you all and working with you in creating something really special that we can all be proud of.’

Victims and fighters a regular soundbite from Mr Cowley, even used it yesterday on footy focus

Thank god we will not have to put up with "levels, systems, processes, grit, minerals and not enough water on the pitch." It still makes me giggle that the Saturday after we played at Colchester, where it lashed it down and we lost 0-1.