Huddersfield Match Day thread sponsored by Catherine Tate | Page 7 | Vital Football

Huddersfield Match Day thread sponsored by Catherine Tate

Still lacking quality but the effort was there for all to see. So much more effort in fact, that Hughton had clearly lost them and should've gone much earlier.

Central midfield is still our biggest problem, Garner continues to be a poor imitation of his former self. It would've been nice to try and catch them on the counter with our quicker players instead of inviting constant pressure (some is inevitable).

Very impressed with Middlesbrough's young right back. Where the f was Silva? Panic buy much?

I know its only one game but was Hughton worse than any of us even thought?
Maybe it won't take anything special to keep us up at all, just no Hughton.

Still lacking quality but the effort was there for all to see. So much more effort in fact, that Hughton had clearly lost them and should've gone much earlier.

Central midfield is still our biggest problem, Garner continues to be a poor imitation of his former self. It would've been nice to try and catch them on the counter with our quicker players instead of inviting constant pressure (some is inevitable).

Very impressed with Middlesbrough's young right back. Where the f was Silva? Panic buy much?
Think the quality is there just been rock bottom on confidence and played so long with a negative mindset, Garner has only just come back few more game and hopefully a few more positive results he should be back on form. Thought Yates was good again looked strong challenging for the ball and didn't give it away much of at all.

I know its only one game but was Hughton worse than any of us even thought?
Maybe it won't take anything special to keep us up at all, just no Hughton.
That's certainly how it looks on the face of it isn't it. He appears to have stifled all the positivity out of the players with his negative team set ups and mind set.

I quiet agree Seasider. I have been used to being down more than up in the last 20 years. Makes a change to see a pragmatic team shape. Got to say Radio Nottingham is useless. Commentary keeps on dropping. Very Amateurish.
Makes you really annoyed that we pay for this crap commentary !!

Think the quality is there just been rock bottom on confidence and played so long with a negative mindset, Garner has only just come back few more game and hopefully a few more positive results he should be back on form. Thought Yates was good again looked strong challenging for the ball and didn't give it away much of at all.

Agree that there's some quality in the team but our general play was still quite poor today. Garner will come good but we rely to heavily on him because of our lack of depth in that position.

I'm just feeling relief more than happiness with the win really, we wouldn't have won a single game all season under Hughton.

More than decent performance with a good balance between attack and defence. The back 3 looked solid, Johnson and Spence looked immense and even Lolley looked like he was enjoying himself.

Must say though, what the actual fuck did he say to Yates? That was the sort of performance that we thought we would be getting when he came through to the first team. If he can do that consistently we will all be eating our words about him and I couldn’t be more delighted.

As much as the result was desperately important, we needed a performance and clean sheet. Huddersfield were no great shakes but a lot of that was down to us not allowing them to play.

More of the same please.

Fell asleep before the match started. First time this season I've completely missed a game.
Its enough to drive a man to superstition.

First game this season that I haven't watched or even listened to on the radio. Look forward to reading how well we played. Must have fallen asleep, as I remember dreaming that Grabban scored with a header, and Owen Goal added a second. Just proves how ridiculous dreams can be.

Their manager's post match interview seems so familiar.
Apparently if it wasn't for us scoring a goal from a counter attack, then us scoring another goal, and defending, the game would have gone much better for them.

Their manager's post match interview seems so familiar.
Apparently if it wasn't for us scoring a goal from a counter attack, then us scoring another goal, and defending, the game would have gone much better for them.
Thought Reid's interview as excellent, he's clearly very articulate he spoke very well even got round to thanking CH for bringing him to the club etc I really hope we keep him at the club in the new mangement structure