HS2 bollox or bollox? | Page 4 | Vital Football

HS2 bollox or bollox?

I would be amazed if the West Coast Mainline service has gone to the wall in the few weeks since the new TOC took over - any changes are eventual. The issues are more to do with infrastructure and weather issues which Avanti have had little/no control over.

While the Chinese HS network is something to be proud of it’s worth noting that only a government such as theirs could get away with building something in that manner. Let’s not forget that with such a Government comes other pros and cons...

Yep , Chinese cheap/slave labour.
Cheaper , poor quality materials etc etc.

The Japanese were also pretty quick building railways through tropical jungle, but at the expense of the lives of ten thousand British POWs.

Yep , Chinese cheap/slave labour.
Cheaper , poor quality materials etc etc.

The Japanese were also pretty quick building railways through tropical jungle, but at the expense of the lives of ten thousand British POWs.

Unless you are trolling there must be some reason that you show out and out racist tendencies.
Neither of your statements have any basis in reality when it comes to the latest high speed trains in China and Japan.
If you know different then enlighten us.

I have no reservations about the quality of Chinese rail building but I doubt their ability to get HS2 done in its entirety withinn five years. The diffculties that would impede their progress are more broadly political than logistical. I suspect the funding would be little discussed and it is that which should worry us. They have made this offer as a reminder of how they see our new position in the world and that should smart.

The whole point of HS2 is to demonstrate that we can do big infrastructure projects in the UK; it's a political and economic statement. If we don't do it ourselves that doesn't cut it. Bunter's problem is now that any delays, or problems will be met with references to the Chinese offer.

What do you mean by "they are great workers", and why wouldn't you buy their phones?

Building a 4,000 mile wall - that mostly still stands was pretty impressive; so was the expeditious building two hospitals in ten days. So my context was a compliment to Chinese industry - we procrastinate, they get on with it.

Phones, reference to Huawei 5G - naive decision by HMG - as our security will be compromised.

Building a 4,000 mile wall - that mostly still stands was pretty impressive; so was the expeditious building two hospitals in ten days. So my context was a compliment to Chinese industry - we procrastinate, they get on with it.

Phones, reference to Huawei 5G - naive decision by HMG - as our security will be compromised.
Plus they have also run trains direct from China to East London

I have no reservations about the quality of Chinese rail building but I doubt their ability to get HS2 done in its entirety withinn five years. The diffculties that would impede their progress are more broadly political than logistical. I suspect the funding would be little discussed and it is that which should worry us. They have made this offer as a reminder of how they see our new position in the world and that should smart.

The whole point of HS2 is to demonstrate that we can do big infrastructure projects in the UK; it's a political and economic statement. If we don't do it ourselves that doesn't cut it. Bunter's problem is now that any delays, or problems will be met with references to the Chinese offer.
They can build a hospital in two weeks