Holiday? | Page 6 | Vital Football

Holiday?

Yeah yeah your going away.. we get it ;)

Can i hijack this thread now? No? Well i'm gonna anyway.

I'm gonna book a week annual leave in my new job probably end of March time, just wanna go away for 4-5 days somewhere. Not somewhere expensive, just a cheap getaway. Not really fussed if its in the UK or somewhere abroad as long as its fairly cheap.

Any ideas for anywhere in this country thats good to go or somewhere fairly cheap and not too far away in Europe?

Well, they have wifi and I'm going alone, so I would guess I will take iPod and still post in here, just won't do any business stuff!!

So you won't be totally rid of me I'm afraid.

randy.stand - 14/11/2013 16:21

Yeah yeah your going away.. we get it ;)

Can i hijack this thread now? No? Well i'm gonna anyway.

I'm gonna book a week annual leave in my new job probably end of March time, just wanna go away for 4-5 days somewhere. Not somewhere expensive, just a cheap getaway. Not really fussed if its in the UK or somewhere abroad as long as its fairly cheap.

Any ideas for anywhere in this country thats good to go or somewhere fairly cheap and not too far away in Europe?

Brighton and Mykanos spring to mind...... you big bumbder! :35:

Seriously though Simon if you don't care where you're going just use the moneysavingexpert Flightchecker and see where you can get to cheapest, then book a cheap hotel separetly.

http://flightchecker.moneysavingexpert.com/

Quick check for your dates I can see

Return flight to Dublin for £40
Return Flight to Geneva for £57
Return flight Amsterdam £91
Return Alicante £94
Return Malaga £100
Return Tenerife £135
Return Faro £98
Return Paris £98

all departing from Birmingham.

This morning I've turned down a free holiday in a 3k a week villa in the Algarve next August.

The flights, the heat and the constant worry about the swimming pool and other hazards with a 2 and a 1 year old just wouldnt make it a holiday.

Wales it is then.

You're mad Jim. I know plenty of folks who have taken small children abroad no hassle what so ever.

If it's free then surely it's worth being on edge a bit. I'm sure with a 1 and 2 year old you're always on edge anyway.

No mate, all things considered we'd all have a better time here.

Think about it, what does a luxury villa in the algarve offer a 2 and a 1 year old? The UK offers so much more, and so much less hassle.

We've got a holiday fund that is growing for when they are a more suitable age. Then we plan to go to Lapland, Disney and to visit friends in Oz, as well as other places. But for now we'll stick to home soil.

Idon't think a 2 and 1 year old really know whats going on or where theyare to be honest. They will be happy with their toys, and playsets wherever they are.

The holiday should be for you and your good lady. Being a parent doesn't mean you can't treat yourself.

You would both really enjoy the Algarve, even with 2 nippers in tow.

thefacehead - 14/11/2013 21:12

I would quite like to go to the Cape Verde Islands, has anyone been?

No, it was one of my thoughts, but dates/flights didn't tie in. But they did say at the travel agent it is beautiful there.

one of the care home managers that i speak to has just come back from cape verde and she said it was fantastic

I've been there several times mate, it's perhaps my favorite destination for a relaxing sun holiday in europe. But all things considered: where is better than the UK?

My holiday though isn't about me and the missus anymore it's about the kids. My son this year played on the beach, looked round castles, went in the soft play areas, climbing frames, swimming pool, playgrounds, amusements etc... had a great time. By next Sumemr he'll be able to, and wanting to do much more.

From my experience this place wouldnt have those things available anywhere near so much, and things like the beach and the pool would be very restricted due to the sun and the heat. Theres the travelling hassle and the additional likelihood of them feeling unwell to also consider.

James06 - 15/11/2013 23:00

I've been there several times mate, it's perhaps my favorite destination for a relaxing sun holiday in europe. But all things considered: where is better than the UK?

My holiday though isn't about me and the missus anymore it's about the kids. My son this year played on the beach, looked round castles, went in the soft play areas, climbing frames, swimming pool, playgrounds, amusements etc... had a great time. By next Sumemr he'll be able to, and wanting to do much more.

From my experience this place wouldnt have those things available anywhere near so much, and things like the beach and the pool would be very restricted due to the sun and the heat. Theres the travelling hassle and the additional likelihood of them feeling unwell to also consider.

I know what you mean. We went to Hong Kong 3 years ago with Gabby when she was 1.5. She hated it and we had a shit time. They had a great time climbing around the temples in Angkor Wat earlier this year though. That one went much better than I expected.

I can totally understand your point of view Jimbo. I couldn't get my head around taking little ones abroad, bad enough the planning required to get to the local shops!!

Don't see how anyone could possibly relax so would surely be a waste if money.

The Fear - 15/11/2013 23:35

I can totally understand your point of view Jimbo. I couldn't get my head around taking little ones abroad, bad enough the planning required to get to the local shops!!

Don't see how anyone could possibly relax so would surely be a waste if money.

Pretty much. There is no point in going anywhere too far or too fancy. It's basically their holiday and you are just going along to look after them.

Yeah my business partner/mate said his wife and him came back totally exhausted and needed a holiday after taking their three nippers to Lanzarote

The Fear - 15/11/2013 13:50

thefacehead - 14/11/2013 21:12

I would quite like to go to the Cape Verde Islands, has anyone been?

No, it was one of my thoughts, but dates/flights didn't tie in. But they did say at the travel agent it is beautiful there.

They call it the African Caribbean. I think I will save up.