Hobbies... | Page 4 | Vital Football

Hobbies...

Amusing spider story. We went to a butterfly house in Stratford a few years ago, which has a section devoted to insects and spiders.

Mrs Notty was earnestly examining a tank that contained, allegedly, the second biggest and most aggressive spider in the world. she couldn't see it until I pointed it out, at which point she shouted "fuck me!" Only to discover a school-party just behind her. :)

How I laughed!

I last played golf nearly 40 years ago. In one of my last rounds, I topped the ball badly off the tee and it didn't go very far. My second shot was also topped, I flung my 3 iron after the ball and the shaft snapped when the club hit the ground.

I somehow hit a mighty, soaring 5 iron to the green. Coming up the adjacent fairway was former cricketer Tom Graveney* ... "Nice shot," said he. I walked up to the green and sank my putt for a par 4.

*Tom G had a pub near my in-laws' house, I used to go there at Sunday dinner time for a few pints.

Christ, I was shit at golf. A half-decent very low-level cricketer and badminton player. My dad had the sporting genes but they never quite made it to me.

Anyone collect programmes?
I gave up buying new ones mainly because they take up too much room to store, but I still try and complete my collection of older ones although struggling to find missing ones now

Anyone collect programmes?
I gave up buying new ones mainly because they take up too much room to store, but I still try and complete my collection of older ones although struggling to find missing ones now
I've had several great collections but 2 strong women in my life. The teenage years set, from matchdays and purchases at the kiosk between St Andrew's and South Park would be (a) wide ranging (b) fascinating and (c) valuable, but my Mum sold for a pittance after I left home. Whoever bought those may be able to fill some of your gaps.

Wife " Does Not Do Football" and clear out anything which gets in her way, if a programme survives 5 years its had a good life, the significant ones from the last few seasons in a safe place.

We have a solitary bee family in a hole in the wall. I have no idea which species - there about 260 in the UK, apparently - but you can see where the phrase "busy as a bee" comes from. The little buggers never stop!
My brother in law has several bee hives. Every time one stings my sister, I have to ask "when are you going to burn them down?"