Hobbies... | Page 2 | Vital Football

Hobbies...

I like a hack around the golf course. Also, a full on all-day drink at the races, starting on the train around 8am. The virus has put at stop to both so far this year.
Only attempt I had at golf looked more like hockey...

Walking, photography, gaming - online, board and wargaming.

Videoing and photography of gigs and festivals. Amongst that has to be the talking of nonsense through the night to sun up at such events. It's a skill.

Frustratingly, five festies cancelled thus far this year...

I'll confess to being a bit of a twitcher.......well all wildlife really. Frequently out in the local woods with the camera ready!!!

Just had a summer trip to the Galapagos cancelled ( fortunately by them so full refund done ) but most holidays are to wildlife places. Alaska and Borneo especially spectacular.

Not sure if it counts, but the Mrs collects toiletries from every hotel/b&b we stay in and keeps them in a basket in the bathroom. None of it must ever be used, on pain of death. I have no idea why.
On racing days, we normally finish with a meal wherever we've been. One of the lads has some weird thing, whereby he nicks the salt pot if the food was shit! It was a tin of tomatoes at Jamie Oliver's because he'd paid about 30 quid for some lamb thing that he said looked/tasted like it had been brought in from the local Iceland shop.

For me its DIY home improvement at this time along with keep working on my 23 year old car when the weather is nice and when the weather is bad its scale model building.

Last edited:
Only attempt I had at golf looked more like hockey...
There are days where it looks like I've never picked a stick up before. In my younger, less relaxed years, the bat has been seen to be thrown further than the ball hit. Now that situation is just met with a shrug and a chuckle.

We love to travel and have been all around the world luckily enough.

My other two passions are Steam Railways and Motorbikes.

Done lots of things on motorbikes over the years including hurtling around the Nurburghring in Germany and I have clocked over 170mph racing around the TT course on the Isle of Man (all legally I hasten to add).

On a more sedate note I am a life member of a steam preservation railway and spent many days there scrambling around old steam locomotives working on their preservation.

On racing days, we normally finish with a meal wherever we've been. One of the lads has some weird thing, whereby he nicks the salt pot if the food was shit! It was a tin of tomatoes at Jamie Oliver's because he'd paid about 30 quid for some lamb thing that he said looked/tasted like it had been brought in from the local Iceland shop.
We actually went to jamie olivers in brisbane it was crap . I asked them if they had used real potatoes to do the chips they were not amused.

Tinkering with old two stroke motorbikes, between myself and son we've ended up with quite a few.

xwTa6hA.jpg

Z7Zre7F.jpg

a9NIeL3.jpg

Walking, photography, gaming - online, board and wargaming.

Videoing and photography of gigs and festivals. Amongst that has to be the talking of nonsense through the night to sun up at such events. It's a skill.

Frustratingly, five festies cancelled thus far this year...

Barney, do you use Vassel?

Sounds fair if you feel like you've been had!