Hobbies... | Page 3 | Vital Football

Hobbies...

Tinkering with old two stroke motorbikes, between myself and son we've ended up with quite a few.

xwTa6hA.jpg

Z7Zre7F.jpg

a9NIeL3.jpg
Do i spot a couple of yam 125s afsie and a kwak 250 triple was it a s1 ?

I have a modest collection of Art Noveau and Art Deco stuff. Mostly anything to do with the drinking of tea or coffee. How they actually drunk out of some of the more 'angular' manifestations is a mystery to me, must have been the golden age of napkin manufacturers.
Oh, and an eight day chiming clock from the late 20's which is a terrible example of a good period, but Mrs I loves it. She never did go for looks.

I'm doing an OU course, so for 8 months of the year that takes up most time, so this time of year its going around the house room by room and deep clean/touch up/decorate as required, similarly in garden, although wife is the real gardener

Up to around 18 months ago kept fit by running, cycling and swimming and did my first triathlon. However, knackered my Achilles in the process and by coincidence we got a rescue dog, so time is now taken walking him, with occasional bike. Mostly local now due initially to lockdown, and also in the more remote areas of the Peak District it's bird nesting season which means having to keep dog on lead, which defeats the object of a robust walk, although I fully support the need to do it - looking forward to the autumn/winter when we can get out for a yomp, and there's less people about; and its also the footy season!!

Recently made an Airfix Vulcan (started before the lockdown started), which was a challenge because some parts didn't go together well due to age of dies (so man in shop told me), and also painted it white rather than the camouflage paint it came with, so had to keep referring to online photos for accuracy - but generally pleased with overall effect

At this time of year I would also normally try and get a few odd days watching cricket, at Derby or Staffs if they are reasonably local (especially when they play Lincs) - one of the regular locations is only a couple of miles up the road; and on Saturday afternoons last summer, I walked the dog to a local cricket club and enjoyed sitting and watching while having a couple of pints (pre dog it would have been out on bike and a couple of pints half way round)

I’ve just enjoyed rewatching the last hour of the last Leeds ashes test on YouTube with Stokes and Leach the last pair at the wicket needing 60+ to win. A little slice of luck at the end but what an innings...turned defeat into the jaws of victory. Well worth a watch if I can work the link

I thought there was a Fizz in there somewhere. My mate had one when we were 16. That peddling lark was hard work when it broke down!

I can usually come up with opinionated ill-informed nonsense on most topics. But the only thing I know about motorcycles is that they appear to have 2 wheels and are quite dangerous.

I can usually come up with opinionated ill-informed nonsense on most topics. But the only thing I know about motorcycles is that they appear to have 2 wheels and are quite dangerous.
To be fair that's as much as you need. I know of 3 lads that died on them, one of which had to be identified by dental records. As soon as 4 wheels was an option for me I was there.
But, it was nice rocking up at school under your own steam rather than the school bus at 16.

Hobbies for me are reading, photography, obviously imps-supporting, a bit of gardening here and there, occasional console gaming (pretty rarely now really) and writing. I've tried to be musical too and own a few instruments, but I'm pretty hopeless :lol:

I'll confess to being a bit of a twitcher.......well all wildlife really. Frequently out in the local woods with the camera ready!!!

Just had a summer trip to the Galapagos cancelled ( fortunately by them so full refund done ) but most holidays are to wildlife places. Alaska and Borneo especially spectacular.
Been trying to photograph birds coming into the garden while working from home. Was going okay till I got excited at a Woodpecker during a video call.
And there are no euphemisms in that statement

We have a solitary bee family in a hole in the wall. I have no idea which species - there about 260 in the UK, apparently - but you can see where the phrase "busy as a bee" comes from. The little buggers never stop!