Here we go! | Page 268 | Vital Football

Here we go!

But the trade balance is in a relatively good position so where's this forecasted economic domesday?

A 23.1% decline in trade tends to have an impact lolz
Trade declined by 23% and you put lolz,
Calvin, I am disappointed in you.
What kind of UK citizen are you? It would seem that you are glad of this figure. Sure it would be better to wish for better results, because they benefit all of us.
A few seconds reflection, and you if you look at the bigger picture, and I am sure that you well know that.
1, We have just had Brexit, and everyone is adjusting to the new system. It is still early days.
2, Because of C19, nations around the World have been stockpiling, which leads on to;
3, There is a container crisis around the globe, and shipping costs have gone through the roof.
4, The economy has been in lockdown.

What kind of UK citizen are you? It would seem that you are glad of this figure. Sure it would be better to wish for better results, because they benefit all of us.
A few seconds reflection, and you if you look at the bigger picture, and I am sure that you well know that.
1, We have just had Brexit, and everyone is adjusting to the new system. It is still early days.
2, Because of C19, nations around the World have been stockpiling, which leads on to;
3, There is a container crisis around the globe, and shipping costs have gone through the roof.

Because you made an asinine point about the % of trade between EU vs Rest of the World, that's why I laughed. I was pointing out why the balance had changed...

And yet royal.british legion is citing brexit red tape as the reason they can no longer work in europe in the i dependant.

With respect, not sure you understand the figures or what they mean. The amount of trade we used to do has gone down because of brexit. It remains to be seen if we make that up by trading with the rest of the world. Even if we do, a very large if, as we have seen with australia there are other issues such as comparable standards and, lmao, level playing fields. Or issues of leverage such as india and the usa. Our having imported the delta variant because we were in the middle of a trade talk.

The teething troubles arguement was never really valid as there were YEARS to prepare but gets less valid as each day goes by. The available evidence strongly shows a complete cluster fook against forecasts for sunny uplands. At some poi t in the future rexiteers are gonna run out of road imo.

And yet royal.british legion is citing brexit red tape as the reason they can no longer work in europe in the i dependant.

With respect, not sure you understand the figures or what they mean. The amount of trade we used to do has gone down because of brexit. It remains to be seen if we make that up by trading with the rest of the world. Even if we do, a very large if, as we have seen with australia there are other issues such as comparable standards and, lmao, level playing fields. Or issues of leverage such as india and the usa. Our having imported the delta variant because we were in the middle of a trade talk.

The teething troubles arguement was never really valid as there were YEARS to prepare but gets less valid as each day goes by. The available evidence strongly shows a complete cluster fook against forecasts for sunny uplands. At some poi t in the future rexiteers are gonna run out of road imo.
What available evidence? Our trade balance figures are fine. Of course you will always be able to point to individual organisations/companies, and even sectors, but this is to be expected with such a major event. Overall though the UK trade balance is in a good place and better than it's been for large periods this century.

I suppose in a roundabout way the NHS has had its 350 million quid a week tho eh?

All I said was that trade with the rest of the World is greater than that with the EU, as stated in the ONS Trade balance report of 11 June.
That trade has currently declined is not in dispute.

I think that statistical facts are actually often irrelevant to the working class man as Ive alluded to before. If a giant agriculture or energy company does a multion billion quid trade deal then thats good for the books GDP wise but very unlikley that any of that goes into the publics pocket or creates jobs. Quite possibly they will pay less tax than our own citizens too, meaning less money for public services.

When we look at these trade deals, we cant just look at the numbers, you have to look at where the money actually benefits us as the public.

It may be a case that there are some cheaper goods, that the government thinks is good because the people are having less and less money to actually spend, on quality food for example. (Weve been on organic food rush for years and its still thrice the price of non organics)

I think that statistical facts are actually often irrelevant to the working class man as Ive alluded to before. If a giant agriculture or energy company does a multion billion quid trade deal then thats good for the books GDP wise but very unlikley that any of that goes into the publics pocket or creates jobs. Quite possibly they will pay less tax than our own citizens too, meaning less money for public services.

When we look at these trade deals, we cant just look at the numbers, you have to look at where the money actually benefits us as the public.

It may be a case that there are some cheaper goods, that the government thinks is good because the people are having less and less money to actually spend, on quality food for example. (Weve been on organic food rush for years and its still thrice the price of non organics)

Yeah. Need to ensure high employment and a reasonable basic wage. Most of EU has very high levels of unemployment, particularly in under 25’s. Having a steady supply of available low paid workers available and on tap, has kept wages low, which has had knock effect for middle income earners. Glad to see you feel Brexit makes sense.

I dont care about middle income earners particularly, Im happy for them to be squeezed. Theres simply way too much money paid to many industries, entertainment, BBC etc, some folk are on millions a year for fook all. So no, they aint my concern. SME's are more my concern.

Besides, when there are millions of available workers for low pay, thats the business owners and middle income earners that are paying them the shit wage. Its simllar to when foreigners are blamed for taking low paid jobs when it should be the employees given the shit, not the workers. The workers are the ones with more common interests not the shareholders.

The ideals are to have that available workforce, all accross the EU, with people having the choice to move to Germany to work in tihe car industry or to France to work in agriculture or Spain to work in the Medical field, or Britain to work in Science. Thats a great ideal.

Whether it works or not is another matter, often back to the same problems of big business usually has governments by the balls and many people in power like the feeling of power and money. To me, I need ideals to vote for and to strive for equality. No system yet has ever really achieved it, but I still want to see it, it has to be a vision.

Whats the brexit vision? Brexit in many ways just a side issue to the real probems in reality mind.. But what is it? Free global trade and wealth for everyone? I keep hearing its about taking control but dohhh nobody has control as I just said, big business has control. Whst the long term vision of Britain? To be a low cost tax haven? To be a leader in.. I have no idea, what is it?

Yeah. Need to ensure high employment and a reasonable basic wage. Most of EU has very high levels of unemployment, particularly in under 25’s. Having a steady supply of available low paid workers available and on tap, has kept wages low, which has had knock effect for middle income earners. Glad to see you feel Brexit makes sense.

Thing is we created jobs making a bigger overall pie. The pie uk gets is now less than b4 brexit. Jobs are not being created as fast in europe so its a lose/lose outcome for me.

I dont care about middle income earners particularly, Im happy for them to be squeezed. Theres simply way too much money paid to many industries, entertainment, BBC etc, some folk are on millions a year for fook all. So no, they aint my concern. SME's are more my concern.

Besides, when there are millions of available workers for low pay, thats the business owners and middle income earners that are paying them the shit wage. Its simllar to when foreigners are blamed for taking low paid jobs when it should be the employees given the shit, not the workers. The workers are the ones with more common interests not the shareholders.

The ideals are to have that available workforce, all accross the EU, with people having the choice to move to Germany to work in tihe car industry or to France to work in agriculture or Spain to work in the Medical field, or Britain to work in Science. Thats a great ideal.

Whether it works or not is another matter, often back to the same problems of big business usually has governments by the balls and many people in power like the feeling of power and money. To me, I need ideals to vote for and to strive for equality. No system yet has ever really achieved it, but I still want to see it, it has to be a vision.

Whats the brexit vision? Brexit in many ways just a side issue to the real probems in reality mind.. But what is it? Free global trade and wealth for everyone? I keep hearing its about taking control but dohhh nobody has control as I just said, big business has control. Whst the long term vision of Britain? To be a low cost tax haven? To be a leader in.. I have no idea, what is it?

I wouldnt worry, they've been making it up as they go along since the referendum

Thing is we created jobs making a bigger overall pie. The pie uk gets is now less than b4 brexit. Jobs are not being created as fast in europe so its a lose/lose outcome for me.

How do you work that out? Jobs across the EU have been shrinking. Exports shrinking. GDP not expanding as quick as rest of world. Expansion has been thru borrowing not making. The EU is a very small pie, getting smaller, rigged to suit Germany and France. The rest of the world is a much bigger pie and expanding.

How do you work that out? Jobs across the EU have been shrinking. Exports shrinking. GDP not expanding as quick as rest of world. Expansion has been thru borrowing not making. The EU is a very small pie, getting smaller, rigged to suit Germany and France. The rest of the world is a much bigger pie and expanding.

Read it again, thats what i said. Fairly sure EU remains the largest, richest internal market in the world. But yes, the rest of the world is a.bigger pie that is expanding. How much of that pie will the UK be seeing tho?

Wages are up too, this is because, and prepare to hold onto your hats folks for this shattering news: The supply of cheap labour, which suppressed wages for years, is no longer there, so people get paid more. Economics 101.
Hospitality wages up by as much 14%
Yet another Brexit bonus remainers ignored at the time.

Wages are up too, this is because, and prepare to hold onto your hats folks for this shattering news: The supply of cheap labour, which suppressed wages for years, is no longer there, so people get paid more. Economics 101.
Hospitality wages up by as much 14%
Yet another Brexit bonus remainers ignored at the time.
You beat me to that one. Also shock horror poor white kids are disadvantaged because surprisingly having no earner in the family for sometimes three generations sets a poor example. I said at the time that the sooner the draw bridge was pulled up the better and particularly for this section of the community.

They are a brainwashed cult that have willingly set britain back to being the sick man of Europe

Its going to get much worse
There really is no upside to this other than in about 15-20 years most of these boot licking Tory sycophants will probablly be dead and will no longer be able to cause further damage to our children, grandchildren etc etc futures