• Leave to other PL team

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Leave to non-PL team

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stay at Spurs

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
With Harry now apparently staying (unless United come in with a 150M offer in the next few days), the question now is are Kane, Son and Dele the players that they were 3-4 years ago. If they are, all we need is an Eriksen. That is the player we should be looking for, because we don't have him on the books currently.

With Harry now apparently staying (unless United come in with a 150M offer in the next few days), the question now is are Kane, Son and Dele the players that they were 3-4 years ago. If they are, all we need is an Eriksen. That is the player we should be looking for, because we don't have him on the books currently.
Maybe Inter will give us the real one back to balance their books.

It's not all about Harry. I have had a real concern that if we relied on Sonny playing centrally with his limited ability to hold up the ball, or to cope with the physical challenges, we would not only lose Kane, but Sonny as well as any form of attacking threat. Now we've got them both back, all we need is a quality AM to provide Harry, Sonny and Dele with the service. Simple.

I still would love to see a rw come in and a true quality cam. I have not the faith in Dele you have. I was fully behind him when he first came here but he just got to flash. Not for the good of the team but just because. I like it now he is trying harder but I think he needs a change.

I still would love to see a rw come in and a true quality cam. I have not the faith in Dele you have. I was fully behind him when he first came here but he just got to flash. Not for the good of the team but just because. I like it now he is trying harder but I think he needs a change.
Can't disagree pj, Dele really does seem to be putting the mileage in to get himself back to where he once was, but he's not influencing games sufficiently as yet to convince that he'll eventually get there. It would be a huge boost for Spurs though if he stays fit and continues to improve.

He’s not good enough to influence games, and I doubt he ever will. That requires longevity to impose for more than one minute in a ninety-minute match. You’ll often find Alli drifting through a game being insignificant for extended periods; he rarely shows the capacity to grasp the mettle and dominate.

He’s not good enough to influence games, and I doubt he ever will. That requires longevity to impose for more than one minute in a ninety-minute match. You’ll often find Alli drifting through a game being insignificant for extended periods; he rarely shows the capacity to grasp the mettle and dominate.

So why don't we cut him some slack and see if he improves this season. It's already obvious that the light went on and he's applied himself. He may npt reach the heights some expect but, as pretty much always, his defensive efforts are excellent.

It may not be what we need but it is what we have.

I'd like to hear who your discerning eye would like as a player. :thumbup:

Can't disagree pj, Dele really does seem to be putting the mileage in to get himself back to where he once was, but he's not influencing games sufficiently as yet to convince that he'll eventually get there. It would be a huge boost for Spurs though if he stays fit and continues to improve.

If he starts becoming a box to box cm with the work rate to match the flash. I have not seen this yet but if he wants to get back his England spot he needs to change. I am just worried that we have all this hard workers but no class. Hojbjerg is a blunt slow instrument that ok plays safely with sideways or backwards passes with maybe the odd forward pass. We need someone to create . We cannot hope to be successful with 2 cdm's and the other cm not pussing up much further than them.

If he starts becoming a box to box cm with the work rate to match the flash. I have not seen this yet but if he wants to get back his England spot he needs to change. I am just worried that we have all this hard workers but no class. Hojbjerg is a blunt slow instrument that ok plays safely with sideways or backwards passes with maybe the odd forward pass. We need someone to create . We cannot hope to be successful with 2 cdm's and the other cm not pussing up much further than them.
Agree, that for me is why Lo Celso has been such a disappointment since joining us. He is the player I've looked to to provide the creative AM role that Eriksen gave us previously. Just hasn't happened.

I think this whole notion of Dele recapturing his old form is redundant now. That was from a previous era with a different manager and many different players.

The relevant question today, for me, is, given the players available to Nuno and the system he currently wants to play, does Dele deserve to be in the team? And I think it's a resounding yes.

So why don't we cut him some slack and see if he improves this season. It's already obvious that the light went on and he's applied himself. He may npt reach the heights some expect but, as pretty much always, his defensive efforts are excellent.

He's had three years of being slack, I don't know what his salary is, but I guess in the region of £75-100,000k per week don't you think that's taking the piss? He's been so poor during that time that Sissoko outshone him breaking opposition lines and getting us up the pitch. My discerning eye would want a player offering a lot more when breaking forward than Dele Alli.

I hear what you say PJ, but this could just be Dele realising that for him to get back to his best he needs to work harder and do the simple things well, then he can be smarter about when makes his runs or forward passes.
I have to confess I love what I have seen from him, If he keeps this up I can see his influence on the team growing and growing

I totally agree 80, even when he was poor and ineffective I didn't once think he didn't care. He just struck me as a young lad for the first time in his life things aren't going his way, and he simply had no idea what to do to change it. Now he's decided to try grafting, he may never get back to the player he was, but he is determined to contribute. Good on him I say

Agree, that for me is why Lo Celso has been such a disappointment since joining us. He is the player I've looked to to provide the creative AM role that Eriksen gave us previously. Just hasn't happened.

I thought that but watching him he is more of a dribbler than nice passer. It is Levy's fault because Poch wanted Bruno Fernandez but he would not pay the price. Instead we loaned lo celso then in January we signed Gedson Fernandez. Well that backfired. We do not have any one at the club who can do the job Bruno does.

I hear what you say PJ, but this could just be Dele realising that for him to get back to his best he needs to work harder and do the simple things well, then he can be smarter about when makes his runs or forward passes.
I have to confess I love what I have seen from him, If he keeps this up I can see his influence on the team growing and growing

I love his work but the rest has left me very underwhelmed but then we have not shown anything going forward really just as a defensive unit. I hope he can get a balance as I was a big fan but the success went to his head. I also do not like how he challenges sometimes I think he genuinely goes out to hurt people but he is just very petulance

He's had three years of being slack, I don't know what his salary is, but I guess in the region of £75-100,000k per week don't you think that's taking the piss? He's been so poor during that time that Sissoko outshone him breaking opposition lines and getting us up the pitch. My discerning eye would want a player offering a lot more when breaking forward than Dele Alli.

I agree he’s been dogging it. But we are giving Kane a second chance why not Dele.

I don't think we'll ever see Dele get back to the old Dele unless we play him back in that same old position. What we'll probably see from Dele is an amazing midfielder, but he won't score 20 goals in a season in his current position. There is too much graft involved.

We will need Moura, Gil and Bergwijn to start registering though.