• Leave to other PL team

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Leave to non-PL team

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stay at Spurs

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Perhaps Kane has fallen back in love with the club? Willing to put the needs of the club before his own professional ambition?

That's how he's trying to spin it with his message about great to see fan reception vs Wolves... but I'd imagine Levy told him City have left it too late and gave him no choice.

What an anticlimax after 3 months wall-to-wall Kane.

The timing seems strange with a week to go until the transfer window shuts. Have City told him they will definitely not go above a certain figure? And Spurs told him they will not go below certain figure? With neither side willing to budge a penny further.

City weren't the only interested party though, although Chelsea ruled themselves out with Lukaku. I wonder if they regret going so early?

Perhaps Kane has fallen back in love with the club? Willing to put the needs of the club before his own professional ambition?

I think making the announcement early was a tactic to get some of his reputation back. He must know it is unlikely to happen before deadline day so its better to make the announcement now and show that he has "decided" to stay at Spurs.

I honestly think Kane loves Spurs and this whole thing has probably made him sick to his stomach. He may be disappointed in not moving to City but is equally upset by how he has been unprofessional and disloyal.

Redknapp and Gomes falling out didn't work in our favour tbh. Word was all the GK staff were trying to persuade Harry to call him back up to the first team as Friedel's reflexes were fading and Gomes was outperforming him by every metric in training and Redknpapp wouldn't hear of it. I get that he could be erratic but leaving him in the cold rather than either reintegrating him or helping him get a move wasn't the way IMO - was still good for Watford after he left us on a free.

My point wasnt really about his performances or ability. More about him thinking he could negotiate a free transfer and take huge wages whilst under contract to spurs. Spurs sent out a very clear message (As they have done with Kane), which will stand them in good stead in the future. Spurs will not bow down and roll over. Ndombele should look at this and realize that he has a huge opportunity to make something special happen. The alternative is not good for Spurs but it will not be good for him either. He is a rich man already, he doesnt want to become and older, richer angry man who missed out on using his amazing ability.

My point wasnt really about his performances or ability. More about him thinking he could negotiate a free transfer and take huge wages whilst under contract to spurs. Spurs sent out a very clear message (As they have done with Kane), which will stand them in good stead in the future. Spurs will not bow down and roll over. Ndombele should look at this and realize that he has a huge opportunity to make something special happen. The alternative is not good for Spurs but it will not be good for him either. He is a rich man already, he doesnt want to become and older, richer angry man who missed out on using his amazing ability.

sure - I just had more sympathy with Gomes who wasn't being given fair opportunities thinking "fuck this club I'll run my contract down" than Kane complaining we've been unfair when he's probably the only player in world football who is allowed to pick himself for a starting XI.

Redknapp and Gomes falling out didn't work in our favour tbh. Word was all the GK staff were trying to persuade Harry to call him back up to the first team as Friedel's reflexes were fading and Gomes was outperforming him by every metric in training and Redknpapp wouldn't hear of it. I get that he could be erratic but leaving him in the cold rather than either reintegrating him or helping him get a move wasn't the way IMO - was still good for Watford after he left us on a free.

Gomes was treated awfully by Harry and Spurs. Friedel was a joke signing, but a great guy. Cuducini wasn't much better either when he played.

At least we finally got Hugo and never looked back since.

Gomes was absolutely superb for Watford.

Good to hear Harry has reviewed and opted to stay only thing I hope for is Nuno treats Harry the same as rest of squad and gives no favouritism he should warn his place in the team like the rest….

Good to hear Harry has reviewed and opted to stay only thing I hope for is Nuno treats Harry the same as rest of squad and gives no favouritism he should warn his place in the team like the rest….

This is where I think (hope) Nuno is better placed to take an objective view.
My feeling is that every player, no matter what the reputation, starts with a clean sheet with Nuno and will be picked on merit alone. Skipp and Japhet for example.

Well it's been a roller coaster ride. I didn't want him to go but was getting pissed off with it all to the point of wishing him gone. Ultimately I'm happy and I hope that's the end of it. Now let's get motoring !!

Does he go back in the team?

A - He hasnt trained enough
B - We havent lost
C - He needs to earn his place.

On the bench and earn himself a place. No more star treatment and we may just get the hungry Kane who is willing to bust a gut for us
If we haven't sorted our midfield out then I am afraid we'll have to accommodate him. His vision and passing is miles ahead of Moura and Bergwijn. Can't expect Dele to do box2box relentlessly as Hoj and Skipp camp in our own half.

We may have got 6 points but scraping 1-0's and barely threatening needs to be addressed.

He has been properly stitched up.
I had no qualms about him wanting to do a Teddy. I think he is a big enough boy to know that his Neville interview would be red rag to Levy. His presser when it was going to shit was a nonsense. City and his so called team have left him with his dick in the wind.
He has bridges to build. He knows it. But a fit Harry with something to prove might be quite something to see.

Personally I think it's the wrong move on Spurs part.

150m for a 28 year old with injury concerns is great business and the perfect time for us to sell and rebuild.

Ok we have him for another season, he will no doubt score another 20+ goals but I don't believe there is any more of a chance of us winning something or achieving what we want to achieve.

We should have sold bought 3 top quality players and we would have been better off.

They got nowhere near 150m. Don't believe that nob head Fabrizio.

It's not all about Harry. I have had a real concern that if we relied on Sonny playing centrally with his limited ability to hold up the ball, or to cope with the physical challenges, we would not only lose Kane, but Sonny as well as any form of attacking threat. Now we've got them both back, all we need is a quality AM to provide Harry, Sonny and Dele with the service. Simple.

Hope Charlie's been given his P45!

He's been put to the side. For the past week or so, since that last stoopid leak article, Harry's had some new advisors, hence the improved messaging, the quieting of bs, and the logical completion of what was, for some of us, a foregone conclusion.

Charlie Kane is an idiot.

May we all now put an end to the remainder of the Moron-hoe poisoning, and dump these last few surplus minions.

Gonna be a fun last week in the window now!! Wooo HOOO!!

:smoke:

It's not all about Harry. I have had a real concern that if we relied on Sonny playing centrally with his limited ability to hold up the ball, or to cope with the physical challenges, we would not only lose Kane, but Sonny as well as any form of attacking threat. Now we've got them both back, all we need is a quality AM to provide Harry, Sonny and Dele with the service. Simple.
Is that supposed to be Tubby?

He's been put to the side. For the past week or so, since that last stoopid leak article, Harry's had some new advisors, hence the improved messaging, the quieting of bs, and the logical completion of what was, for some of us, a foregone conclusion.

Charlie Kane is an idiot.

May we all now put an end to the remainder of the Moron-hoe poisoning, and dump these last few surplus minions.

Gonna be a fun last week in the window now!! Wooo HOOO!!

:smoke:

Are you anticipating any significant incomings?