• Leave to other PL team

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Leave to non-PL team

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stay at Spurs

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Personally I think it's the wrong move on Spurs part.

150m for a 28 year old with injury concerns is great business and the perfect time for us to sell and rebuild.

Ok we have him for another season, he will no doubt score another 20+ goals but I don't believe there is any more of a chance of us winning something or achieving what we want to achieve.

We should have sold bought 3 top quality players and we would have been better off.

Personally I think it's the wrong move on Spurs part.

150m for a 28 year old with injury concerns is great business and the perfect time for us to sell and rebuild.

Ok we have him for another season, he will no doubt score another 20+ goals but I don't believe there is any more of a chance of us winning something or achieving what we want to achieve.

We should have sold bought 3 top quality players and we would have been better off.
It’s widely reported that Man City never offered us anywhere near £150m cash. The best they offered was £125m which included a couple of players to make the value. Those players wouldn’t have been too drawer ones so we passed on the offer.
If Harry scores 20+ goals this season & we have a better defensive unit, we could actually finish far higher in the league & may even challenge for a trophy or two!

It's a day for 2 legendary Charlies.

Firstly, we owe Charlie Kane a big debt of gratitude. Without him, we wouldn't have kept Kane. Proper Spurs fan.

Talking of which, another Spurs fan and musical legend, Charlie Watts passed today. Thanks for the great memories.
To bloody right there muttley, Charlie Watts, one of my all time fave drummers, another drummer legend from that time. RIP Charlie.

As for the other right Charlie hahahaha!

So who gets the chop now Kane goes back in the team?

Bergwijn I guess. Son goes out to the left.

Bit of Lucas / Bergy rotation might be good. Not sure where it'll leave Gil, Sess and Clarke. Or Davies if he sees Sess as a LB. Still some clearing out to do

Does he go back in the team?

A - He hasnt trained enough
B - We havent lost
C - He needs to earn his place.

On the bench and earn himself a place. No more star treatment and we may just get the hungry Kane who is willing to bust a gut for us

tbh we looked better when he came on vs Wolves. The ball just doesn't stick up top with Son / Lucas / Bergwijn and no physical presence in front of them.

This does my nut in. They offered us the equivalent of a bag of crisps and a couple of mars bars. They did not offer anywhere close to Spurs valuation or even close to the reported offers. Basically, Kane got his figures in line, then City tried to rip us off.

Reminds me of when Gomez sat on the bench for a couple of seasons, negotiated a huge wage elsewhere based on zero transfer fee and was surprised when Spurs told them to eff off.

Spurs have Kane on a watertight contract which has been evidenced. He either does his best by spurs as a player or he does his best by spurs in a transfer. He has done neither lately so its over to you Harry, make Spurs great and you may just come out of this a wealthy man with some trophies still

tbh we looked better when he came on vs Wolves. The ball just doesn't stick up top with Son / Lucas / Bergwijn and no physical presence in front of them.

Totally agree. But i can list at least 10 games last season where we looked just as shite as against Wolves and that included Kane. Tell the forward players whoever is playing the worst after 60 mins is getting subbed. Let them fight it out between themselves on the pitch.

What an anticlimax after 3 months wall-to-wall Kane.

The timing seems strange with a week to go until the transfer window shuts. Have City told him they will definitely not go above a certain figure? And Spurs told him they will not go below certain figure? With neither side willing to budge a penny further.

City weren't the only interested party though, although Chelsea ruled themselves out with Lukaku. I wonder if they regret going so early?

Perhaps Kane has fallen back in love with the club? Willing to put the needs of the club before his own professional ambition?

It’s widely reported that Man City never offered us anywhere near £150m cash. The best they offered was £125m which included a couple of players to make the value. Those players wouldn’t have been too drawer ones so we passed on the offer.
If Harry scores 20+ goals this season & we have a better defensive unit, we could actually finish far higher in the league & may even challenge for a trophy or two!

Fabrizio Romano has confirmed City bid 122m and 150m (euros) he's the only journalist who I half believe.

Last edited:
Reminds me of when Gomez sat on the bench for a couple of seasons, negotiated a huge wage elsewhere based on zero transfer fee and was surprised when Spurs told them to eff off.

Redknapp and Gomes falling out didn't work in our favour tbh. Word was all the GK staff were trying to persuade Harry to call him back up to the first team as Friedel's reflexes were fading and Gomes was outperforming him by every metric in training and Redknpapp wouldn't hear of it. I get that he could be erratic but leaving him in the cold rather than either reintegrating him or helping him get a move wasn't the way IMO - was still good for Watford after he left us on a free.