Harris: In or Out | Page 2 | Vital Football

Harris: In or Out

Harris: In or Out

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feel he is safe until the take over is complete simply because we can't afford to sack him. A new owner always seems to replace the manager. If the take over doesn't happen we are in the s**t.

If the rumours I’ve heard are true, Harris is merely keeping the managerial seat warm for Vince McMahon who is the new owner’s preferred choice.

Even with crap players it is down to the coach to organise them and instill team spirit as a minumum with a bit of a fight.

at least put max up front until the next window.

How do you motivate players who appear not to be interested,
Creating an effective team spirit is a two way street members of the group have to buy into idea of being a unit for the leader to succeed. To watch NH doing his nut on the touchline speaks volumes for the lack of effort on the pitch. These are professional players not giving a damn.

Beginning to wonder what goes on in the training ground week after week,sod all it seems.
Cant take much more now and that’s following since 74

Lucky you, I’ve been watching this crap / following this crap across the country since 1955. I really think it’s all over for me and I’m trying to be so positive. I’ll see how I feel on Wednesday before I decide to give up and take to the armchair. Sad times for all.

Thought it was a great appointment and like the bloke but it just isnt working and I dont see it getting any better. However he was possibly misled when appointed going by some of his recent comments, his players have let him down but maybe its a big ask of them as there's probably a few that would struggle in the National league. Takes me back to that season of 88/89 under Burkinshaw---god that was shit. A humilating exit in the cup next week would probably see him go but who we bring in? Continue as we do with no investment will see us in non-league be it this season or next.

I suspect when Harris took the job he had some insight into the off field activities otherwise why would he have come back into football to a club who at the time were almost relegation certainties? He apparently hasn't been able to do the transfer dealing he wanted to but equally he's not doing enough with what he has got. He's clearly out of his depth in this. However we clearly can't afford to get rid and any new owner, if we believe the rumours, may either do that or give him some money in January to improve the squad. Anything else is a pipe dream imo in our current state unless he walks

Well there is that too- lack of alternative, if he was sacked it might be a case of getting someone in willing to work for free as I doubt there’s the money for a new manager now. It would be a Peter a Taylor / Hess type appointment, can’t see Lovell returning after what happened last time.
I think Harris will stay and we have to hope of more funds available in January to sign a few players.

Surely, the club can borrow some money? I personally could go out and get a loan (and I do okay but am hardly Rockerfellar), which could probably pay for a decent manager for 6 months or a management team for 3 months (and I'm not proposing I do that, by the way!) Surely, when times are dire and staying in the league is at stake, the club could get a loan to pay for a manager (supported by a business case for so doing).

A humilating exit in the cup next week would probably see him go but who we bring in?

Normally i would say you are correct but these arent normal times. I think we are in full bumble along mode until the takeover does or doesn't happen.

Doubtful that we even have the compensation money to do it.

The risk of the drop and the dramatic devaluation of the club that would entail may be forcing scally wag to sell quicker. Lets hope its all done by christmas.

Harris said he needs new players in january. What makes him think we can afford them this time ?

A very firm OUT for me.

Yes, he has had to build a whole new squad with a pittance. But there is still some quality in that squad, at L2 level certainly. Players like McKenzie, Williams, O'Keefe, Adelakun etc. Yet our best player has been a middle aged keeper on loan from an equally pants club.

It is his squad now, his tactics, his rules.

As a former striker, and a record goalscorer for Millwall, he should be sacked on the basis that Gillingham cannot score in a brothel. This fact is now becoming very embarrassing. What is he doing with them on the training pitch?!

Just look at the stats; Jesus Wept. Fucking embarrassing shambles of a team. Wretched.

He should have gone after the 10 games.

I’m not saying he should be sacked or not but I strongly suspect that if we’re going through a takeover then no decision will be made on that until it’s complete. Got to hope it’s over the line by Christmas and funds become available for whoever is in charge during the January window.

Lucky you, I’ve been watching this crap / following this crap across the country since 1955. I really think it’s all over for me and I’m trying to be so positive. I’ll see how I feel on Wednesday before I decide to give up and take to the armchair. Sad times for all.

Sadly its a decision I made quite a while ago and I've seen nothing to make me feel I made the wrong decision. I wasn't enjoying it anymore and could no longer justify making a 200 mile round journey, and I found the club couldnt give a fuck about the supporters and took us as mugs.

I voted undecided only because I think a change at this stage will do more damage than good, otherwise it would have been out.

The team is woeful and even seniors like Max simply lump the ball forward into an area that is roughly in the vicinity of a blue shirt. I think I only still watch just to see if I'll be surprised for a change. One day maybe, one day.

Surely, the club can borrow some money? I personally could go out and get a loan (and I do okay but am hardly Rockerfellar), which could probably pay for a decent manager for 6 months or a management team for 3 months (and I'm not proposing I do that, by the way!) Surely, when times are dire and staying in the league is at stake, the club could get a loan to pay for a manager (supported by a business case for so doing).

What's your credit rating, ST?

How may Banks have written off million of pounds of your debt in the past?
Maybe if the Ground was put up as collateral we may be able to raise some finance at the rate that poor credit risks pay, just at the time that the Bank of England are putting up interest rates generally.

Do you think that would be a good idea and definitely be all we need to improve things on the pitch?

What's your credit rating, ST?

How may Banks have written off million of pounds of your debt in the past?
Maybe if the Ground was put up as collateral we may be able to raise some finance at the rate that poor credit risks pay, just at the time that the Bank of England are putting up interest rates generally.

Do you think that would be a good idea and definitely be all we need to improve things on the pitch?

Credit rating is pretty good, but as an individual, I could probably go online now and get a £50K loan. Point I am making is that a football club sometimes might have to think about on-field issues and squeeze the budget to accommodate circumstances.