Harris Announced as the New Man | Page 3 | Vital Football

Harris Announced as the New Man

I

You are free to block me if you are sick of my comments.

I genuinely hope you have a nice day as it seems virtually every other fan on this board has something to celebrate at last. Btw, I do realise we are still in deep trouble both short and long term.

I'll celebrate his appointment as well as its a positive move but I'll also see reality and worry about the squad strength this year but more importantly next year (whichever league).

Seriously though block me, it'll save you having to scroll past and you'll have a more positive experience reading the posts you want to read.

Fair play, never genuinely thought he'd be an option, a very encouraging appointment.

The length of the deal is the really surprising element, does it indicate that were not quite as financially bollocksed as some of us thought?

Edit: Some mention online of a relegation release clause in the deal...

Was my first choice. So of course I am delighted. Harris is the sort of appointment that will get players producing. Still a impossible job but a win tomorrow and other results go our way and who knows. Hopefully he will be able to sign a left back and another forward plus ideally a flying winger.

Fair play, never genuinely thought he'd be an option, a very encouraging appointment.

The length of the deal is the really surprising element, does it indicate that were not quite as financially bollocksed as some of us thought?

Edit: Some mention online of a relegation release clause in the deal...
I would suspect so.

Very happy with the deal - especially the appointment of an experienced assistant and both of them on long contracts, which means as well as them having a free hit at a miracle escape this season, they can have a good clearout over the summer and prepare fully for next season. Also, great that they took training first thing today and Harris will be getting stuck in in the transfer market.

Reservations about the time it took to sack Evans and appoint the new man remain, but are best left now as we look forward as it's a good appointment. I am now actually looking forward to tomorrow and, whilst we don't expect miracles, we are playing a team a place above us, so the y must be pretty poor to be in that position, so we have a big chance to hit the ground running in Harris' first game.

Out of the realistic shortlist of names touted, Harris was my second choice behind Flynn and certainly above Woodman, so well happy with this. Well done Scally - credit where due.

Good appointment in terms of both experience and length of contract (assuming he doesn't jump off GFC titanic in June).

Well done PS, I just hope he:

a) backs Harris because our squad needs overhauling and until PS sorts the embargo and what appear to be "no pot to piss in " issues any manager is going to struggle.
b) Hasn't financially gambled on Harris as a kind of last hurrah and put us further in the brown stuff if it doesn't work out.

For the here and now let's hope Harris has a magic wand and starts with 3 points tomorrow.

Last edited:
Hip, hip..... hurrahs pending transfer trading. A better appointment than I expected.

Good luck and thanks to Kyle Dempsey. What a pity we weren't in the stadium last season though I think it might have helped us to a better league position. All I could hear at every game was constant noise from Evans & Raynor, a two man crowd badgering players and officials from first whistle to last.

There are plenty of people who were totally fed up with club, including myself, but credit where credit’s due the deal today is definitely a step forward, now let’s hope the recruitment today is helpful, because the one thing that will not change is why was this not sorted last week,
I personally was against Steve Lovell coming back and I do realise he was never promised the job but I think he was probably mistreated.

Do we know much about what type of football Harris sets his teams up to play? I know the squad may limit him but I assume he has a style.