Harris Announced as the New Man | Page 2 | Vital Football

Harris Announced as the New Man

Please please please

Support the new manager 👍

The kind of comment I'd like to be able to "Like" a few dozen times.

Incredible how many "fans" are diminishing the appointment via social media already. It saddens me to see that a few of them seem keener for the team to fail (probably to spite Paul Scally) than to recognise positive news and positive actions for their merits.

I liked the idea of Andy Woodman when it was originally touted and would have been happy with that appointment, I think. Now, I'm over the moon and I've got a smile on my face.

Cracking appointment. Get my in that ground tomorrow👍

Delighted and shocked. Maybe too late to keep us up but we still need to reverse our run of form and player confidence to avoid dropping through the trap door. I’d take selling Dempsey and/or Tucker to get us out of the embargo and spend today trying to improve the squad.

Bloody delighted with that. Well done Scally. Surprised at the length of the contract too which is a reassuring sign.

It wouldn't surprise me if this was Scally's first choice and it just took a couple of weeks to get done. Worth the wait for sure and to think people were throwing hissy fits cause Marc Bircham supposedly rejected us.

A good appointment and a Gills old boy rolled into one!

Maybe, just maybe, PS was looking at all the decent applicants carefully like he said.

Maybe, just maybe, he thought Woodman (or the Boreham Wood guy) would be good up and coming managers. But the amount of compo made it not worthwhile.

But maybe he just decided to go with the best he could. And I’m suspecting the savings from JA move, and maybe incoming ££ from Kyle Dempsey move has allowed this signing. And he had to wait to see those deals through.

Who knows 🤷‍♂️

But it doesn’t just have to be that he stuffed it all up along the way.

Personally I’m bloody chuffed we’ve got a manager of this ilk in. It may work, it might not, but it’s got as good a chance as any of being a great appointment.

Welcome aboard Neil 👍

I agree with that.

If a few get sold today then that might explain how the funding has become available.

Wish him well but unless he has money for some incomings he's left with the same squad who according to lovell are broken.

Let's hope for a win tomorrow to give everyone a lift.

Well happy with this announcement, until the end of the season would have been a surprise enough let alone 2 and a half year contract. I'm not happy with the way the club has been run recently but well done to Scally for this appointment.

I'm also hearing rumours from Millwall mates about Ben Thompson signing for the rest of the season, always rated him, very good for league one level ability wise and always shows great workrate just what's needed in a relegation battle (yeah we can still believe) fingers crossed that rumour turns out to be true aswell 🤞🏻

So if we could afford someone like him on a 2.5 year deal then why were we chasing a non league manager?

Strange but let's see if he can organise this squad and show some fight for next season if nothing else.
Probably seeing what options there are out there and avoiding putting all eggs in one basket.

I'd argue it's sensible rather than strange ;)

Just give it a rest for one day please. We know this is (too) late but just enjoy a bit of positive news for once.

Seriously block me gills58. I'm sick of you telling me what I can and can't post.

This is a message board for discussion of different views. It is positive news but we can still discuss how we have got to this point when yesterday we were chasing the Bromley boss.

You don't have to respond to my posts, just scroll past or even better block.

I
Seriously block me gills58. I'm sick of you telling me what I can and can't post.

This is a message board for discussion of different views. It is positive news but we can still discuss how we have got to this point when yesterday we were chasing the Bromley boss.

You don't have to respond to my posts, just scroll past or even better block.

You are free to block me if you are sick of my comments.

I genuinely hope you have a nice day as it seems virtually every other fan on this board has something to celebrate at last. Btw, I do realise we are still in deep trouble both short and long term.

I must say credit where credit's due. This seems like PS has actually used his Millwall connections to the advantage of Gills for a change and I congratulate him for it.

As stated before, PS makes some terrible decisions, but some good ones too. I am far more enthused about this than I was about the appointment of BFSE.

It may work out, it may not, but I hope that no one blames Harris for a relegation that is pretty much nailed on, and instead back him to bring us straight back up again.

Good luck "Bomber" !