Harris Announced as the New Man | Vital Football

Harris Announced as the New Man

Heard it in the midday news on TS, but the wording was “is to be announced” rather than “has been announced” which isn’t the same thing…

I can't see why he'd want it. I wonder if scally has promised him a flurry of deadline day signings. Otherwise surely he's just overseeing a relegation.

Why would he want to do that ?

I can't see why he'd want it. I wonder if scally has promised him a flurry of deadline day signings. Otherwise surely he's just overseeing a relegation.

Why would he want to do that ?
He’s been out of the manager’s game for over a year now and we are convenient for him geographically I guess too. It’s a way back in for him.

Here's hoping the rumours are true. Harris not only has experience of managing in the league, but has taken Millwall to two Wembley play-off finals and even got them promoted to the Championship. He's probably the *only* realistic candidate with football league management.

Obviously, I'm hoping he'll be here beyond the summer to mount a serious bid for promotion from League Two next year, and Scally is pulling out all of the stops to tempt him to stay for a full two or three years as part of a long-term project (wishful thinking, I know).

"It won’t be an immediate fix but Neil will change the world for the better as quickly as possible"

Blimey, Scally doesn't ask much, does he? I'll settle for him changing the club for the better for now, the rest of the world can wait.

Good news anyway, especially the length of the contract. He's clearly committed to it, even if (when?) we do go down.

So if we could afford someone like him on a 2.5 year deal then why were we chasing a non league manager?

Strange but let's see if he can organise this squad and show some fight for next season if nothing else.

Don't worry about that, Mark! It's in the past!

We're going up as champions! 18 wins from 18! Top scorer: Neil Harris (34 goals - 38 assists)

COYBB!

Jake Livermore would be a useful loan signing. Still at West Brom. hasn't played this season.

So if we could afford someone like him on a 2.5 year deal then why were we chasing a non league manager?

Strange but let's see if he can organise this squad and show some fight for next season if nothing else.
Pass but if Dempsey is to be sold for £200k, then that should cover the new management’s wages for a while at least.

Maybe, just maybe, PS was looking at all the decent applicants carefully like he said.

Maybe, just maybe, he thought Woodman (or the Boreham Wood guy) would be good up and coming managers. But the amount of compo made it not worthwhile.

But maybe he just decided to go with the best he could. And I’m suspecting the savings from JA move, and maybe incoming ££ from Kyle Dempsey move has allowed this signing. And he had to wait to see those deals through.

Who knows 🤷‍♂️

But it doesn’t just have to be that he stuffed it all up along the way.

Personally I’m bloody chuffed we’ve got a manager of this ilk in. It may work, it might not, but it’s got as good a chance as any of being a great appointment.

Welcome aboard Neil 👍