Good Morning Thread | Page 531 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Get yer wet hankies oot with four wee knots on each corner and stick them on yer heed. It's going to be a warm day in the UK.

Crank up the air cond....oh I forgot. Not too many of those around these parts.

Crazy weather indeed. Our winter in Queensland has had some cold days of 17-20 degrees, but was 25 degrees on Sunday, and you guys in the UK are getting a bit of sun and heat, but not set up to cope with it. Please take care and drink plenty of water, and PLEASE stay out of the sun.

Look after each other and look out for those who may be venerable.

Get yer wet hankies oot with four wee knots on each corner and stick them on yer heed. It's going to be a warm day in the UK.

Crank up the air cond....oh I forgot. Not too many of those around these parts.

Crazy weather indeed. Our winter in Queensland has had some cold days of 17-20 degrees, but was 25 degrees on Sunday, and you guys in the UK are getting a bit of sun and heat, but not set up to cope with it. Please take care and drink plenty of water, and PLEASE stay out of the sun.

Look after each other and look out for those who may be venerable.

Taking this week off. Played 36 holes in it yesterday. The golfers tan is coming along nicely.

Ah.....1976......I remember it well, I got married on the first day of the heatwave that year.
Ha ha , I got married in 76 as well , my first marriage , the doomed one , …..
It only rained two days in that summer , Saturday June 16 and Sunday 17 th .
Guess what day I got married !!!

We got married in Greavsie’s manor , St Stephens Church East Ham .
The vicar was a bit of a comedian , telling jokes , one was about the groom saying thank you to the guests for their presents but in his nervousness said thank you for the Perky Copulator instead of coffee percolator.
Oh how we laughed !
It rained all day that day , a great portent for what was to come .
1976 , what a summer that was .
This has been good as well,,although we haven’t enjoyed it as much because of the work going on .
We have had every door and window open , as most people have , but have been plagued with flies , as we haven’t been able to fit the fly screens yet , so we went out and bought some of those old fashioned paper fly strips over the weekend .
They are so old fashioned , that these modern flies have probably never seen one and don’t know what they are for , because not one kin fly has attached itself to one yet . !
Kin infuriating , having to teach them how to do it .
A pack of six fly strips , and they have evaded every one of them .
Back to the aerosol spray that nearly kills us as well.
Oh well ……

Morning Hod and the rest of you geezers!

Am totally with you there, being its the journey not the destination, it is the fun being behind the wheel, comfort etc but as Greavsie said it is the other numpties on the road, so you have to be alert all the time.
The biggest grief for me, when I am toodling about in my Dodge, is the numpties attitude of "oh its a big heavy slow Gas guzzler" flashing headlights etc, at me, but they do not know a 3.75t vehicle with a V8, can go like shit off the shovel, when I show em this its open gawped gobs from em.

Oh I thought I would let you know, on Sat I had my fave dish, cooked by me, a mash spud island surrounded by Liver n Bacon with onion gravy, Mrs Py can't stand the stuff, so she had a Quiche I cooked earlier.
So Sunday morning brekkie, was the rest of the gravy from the Liver n Bacon and dunking toast mmmmm!

Cloudy, Sunny ere, gonna be another warm un, love it, nanny state telling me how to live, fcuks sake am a survivor of 1976, no bloody warnings then, but we all made it.

Have a good day folks, look after yourselves and your oppo's.
I just love liver n bacon …… wow .

Morning all
Walt Re the flies
We're bothered by em in May, it's to do with White then bushes blooming round her, Anyhooo flies love em for about 2 weeks
We got these jars from Amazon you fill em with water and a powder substance hang em from a near by Bush, works great.

Ha ha , I got married in 76 as well , my first marriage , the doomed one , …..
It only rained two days in that summer , Saturday June 16 and Sunday 17 th .
Guess what day I got married !!!

We got married in Greavsie’s manor , St Stephens Church East Ham .
The vicar was a bit of a comedian , telling jokes , one was about the groom saying thank you to the guests for their presents but in his nervousness said thank you for the Perky Copulator instead of coffee percolator.
Oh how we laughed !
It rained all day that day , a great portent for what was to come .
1976 , what a summer that was .
This has been good as well,,although we haven’t enjoyed it as much because of the work going on .
We have had every door and window open , as most people have , but have been plagued with flies , as we haven’t been able to fit the fly screens yet , so we went out and bought some of those old fashioned paper fly strips over the weekend .
They are so old fashioned , that these modern flies have probably never seen one and don’t know what they are for , because not one kin fly has attached itself to one yet . !
Kin infuriating , having to teach them how to do it .
A pack of six fly strips , and they have evaded every one of them .
Back to the aerosol spray that nearly kills us as well.
Oh well ……
June 5th was mine and it managed to last 23 years. I remember the registrar making me repeat part of the pledge as she thought I said 'awful wedded wife' instead of 'lawful wedded wife'. lol

My wife just tried to cook an egg on a patio slab. Guess what ? Only about 60 degrees shy, needs to be 158.
Ninety eight is still a bit hot mate .
It’s 30.8 in our lounge , all my balls are hitting the floor on the Galileo Thermometer .

How he ever worked out it was a feasible project to make it in the first place is just beyond me .
There ain’t harf been done clever bastards !

Hey all! cooled down some what! great for the hound, but I love the heat, missing you already lol!
If the heat is so bad why do millions go on Holiday to hot climes?

Mind what will Nanny State do now?
Heat kills, um yes! but the bloody cold kills a hell of a lot more!
Will the Greens keep harping on?
Climate change blah! blah! its bloody nature!
Didn't anyone realise that in Summer we gat warm days/weeks, doh!

That's Fahrenheit bro. If that was degrees Celsius you would boil. Lol
I saw that BBC South started to broadcast the temperature in Fahrenheit the other day …….. 100 degrees is so much more dramatic than 39 * . What is the point !
I got so pissed off with every news bulletin harping on and on about the weather .
As Pompey said …. It’s summer …. It gets hot .
In the autumn , the leaves fall of the trees.
In winter it tends to get colder …
Spring is nice but it never gets mentioned , it’s not extreme enough .

For fuck sake , it’s the weather ,,, It’s been doing it’s own thing for quite a while .
I even saw a reporter wading through a stream ,with his trousers rolled up , to tell me there COULD be water shortages soon .
Not that there will be , there could be .
Well I kin know that . It is the same every summer . It tends not to rain as much at this time of year .
So I’ve decided to boycott the news …. Life is so much better without it .
If I find out anything it will be by accident, or that I’ve searched for it.

I know how hot it is when I get up .
I tend to think , “kin ell, it’s hot today “ or “ mmm it’s not as hot as yesterday “
And if I want to know exactly how hot it is ,

I look at a thermometer .

Radical or what .

If I sit in the garden and it gets too hot , I get out of the sun . I don’t need to be told that by the government and I certainly don’t go moaning to anyone at No 10 if I get sunburnt .

I saw that BBC South started to broadcast the temperature in Fahrenheit the other day …….. 100 degrees is so much more dramatic than 39 * . What is the point !
I got so pissed off with every news bulletin harping on and on about the weather .
As Pompey said …. It’s summer …. It gets hot .
In the autumn , the leaves fall of the trees.
In winter it tends to get colder …
Spring is nice but it never gets mentioned , it’s not extreme enough .

For fuck sake , it’s the weather ,,, It’s been doing it’s own thing for quite a while .
I even saw a reporter wading through a stream ,with his trousers rolled up , to tell me there COULD be water shortages soon .
Not that there will be , there could be .
Well I kin know that . It is the same every summer . It tends not to rain as much at this time of year .
So I’ve decided to boycott the news …. Life is so much better without it .
If I find out anything it will be by accident, or that I’ve searched for it.

I know how hot it is when I get up .
I tend to think , “kin ell, it’s hot today “ or “ mmm it’s not as hot as yesterday “
And if I want to know exactly how hot it is ,

I look at a thermometer .

Radical or what .

If I sit in the garden and it gets too hot , I get out of the sun . I don’t need to be told that by the government and I certainly don’t go moaning to anyone at No 10 if I get sunburnt .
At least it's given Sky News something else to think about Walt, other than Boris or government bashing, which irrespective of individual politics gets very tiresome when it's relentless.

Quite a few posts from various people start with a weather report.
It was the hottest day on record in the UK.
It came from North Africa.

The weather affects what we do so it's worth talking about.
If the weather is going to change short or long term its good to know about it.

It might be boring or taken for granted to some, but for various reasons, I need to know about the weather, short term more so.

A heat map comparison from 30 years ago for the world was on the news. It was over time, not a snapshot of this week. It showed temperatures have gone up. No reasons why, just fact.
If we know temps are going to increase we can react to it with technology etc. Air con in more homes and businesses, building techniques and design.

What has always bugged me is that the weather forecasters never inform and educate the public on what the Jet Stream is doing. In the UK, it is the single biggest influencer to what weather we have at any point in time. It is also the biggest reason why our weather is less predictable than other places in the world. That is because we can't accurately predict what the jet stream is going to do next.

It is also the reason why we can get some amazingly fast return journeys from the US in a plane.