Global Warming The End is Nigh ? | Page 6 | Vital Football

Global Warming The End is Nigh ?

I find it fascinating. It is my religion. I am a sun worshiper. It is what gave us life and what sustains us. The moon too. The sun is my god, I don't believe in a superior being. We should respect the sun whilst recognise it's power and our vulnerability to it should we abuse what it gives us. I would be up for creating a new religion dedicated to the sun and our planet .

What I find fascinating about the sun, it helped create the earth but will more than likely eat the earth up when it becomes a red giant.

The sun protects us from all the radiation from the galaxy through the solar wind. Protecting it's solar system like a baby. Pretty amazing really.

As for the Moon, without it Earth wouldn't have produced intelligent life as we know it. It helps control our weather and oceans.

Question: Is the ozone layer healing itself after the bans imposed on CFCs?

Nasa say it's working but it will take centuries to fix.

It's funny. Hamilton Harbour Sailing School had an Astral Navigation Course that my wife and I were going to take but they cancelled it the year before we were going to enrol. Really wish I knew about it. There is nothing like being in Algonquin Park on a clear night. Zero light pollution.

It's funny. Hamilton Harbour Sailing School had an Astral Navigation Course that my wife and I were going to take but they cancelled it the year before we were going to enrol. Really wish I knew about it. There is nothing like being in Algonquin Park on a clear night. Zero light pollution.

That sounds fun. Old school. I use the Sky Map app on my phone. Much easier. ;)

That sounds fun. Old school. I use the Sky Map app on my phone. Much easier. ;)

Actually, given you like as few people around you as possible a 2 week canoe trip in Algonquin Park would likely be something you would really enjoy.

Congrats to NASA on landing Insight on Mars. A very difficult thing to do due to the atmosphere of Mars. The trajectory has to be just right and crucial stages of the approach and landing have to be perfect. Too steep it burns up, too shallow it skims and bounces off the edge if the atmos. The landing craft separates from the transit vehicle and starts a perilous journey into the atmos at 10,000 mph with a heat shield absorbing temps of 1000 degrees C, hot enough to melt steel. Then a parachute deploys to slow the module down and the shield is ejected for the final approach with rocket burners. The landing legs are lowered. A radar beam is thrown out to assess actual distance to land softly. The burners have to shut down immediately on touch down otherwise the craft gets rolled over.

The craft is going to measure for seismic activity within Mars. The iron core if too pure by fast formation may not have impurities like carbon and sulphur. It is thought Earths carbon came to the crust via volcanic activity which gave the ingredients for life.

This all points towards the right formula for life on a planet I guess. If our iron core formed slower so allowing impurities to later be thrust out by tectonic plate movement and volcanic activity it's another ingredient to look for . A Sun the right size and age, a planet the right distance with the right core with a moon of the right size and distance. I know the universe is huge with millions of stars and planets but mathematically what is the probability to have all the ingredients and how far away could it be ?

I think the Earth is billy no mates.

Congrats to NASA on landing Insight on Mars. A very difficult thing to do due to the atmosphere of Mars. The trajectory has to be just right and crucial stages of the approach and landing have to be perfect. Too steep it burns up, too shallow it skims and bounces off the edge if the atmos. The landing craft separates from the transit vehicle and starts a perilous journey into the atmos at 10,000 mph with a heat shield absorbing temps of 1000 degrees C, hot enough to melt steel. Then a parachute deploys to slow the module down and the shield is ejected for the final approach with rocket burners. The landing legs are lowered. A radar beam is thrown out to assess actual distance to land softly. The burners have to shut down immediately on touch down otherwise the craft gets rolled over.

The craft is going to measure for seismic activity within Mars. The iron core if too pure by fast formation may not have impurities like carbon and sulphur. It is thought Earths carbon came to the crust via volcanic activity which gave the ingredients for life.

This all points towards the right formula for life on a planet I guess. If our iron core formed slower so allowing impurities to later be thrust out by tectonic plate movement and volcanic activity it's another ingredient to look for . A Sun the right size and age, a planet the right distance with the right core with a moon of the right size and distance. I know the universe is huge with millions of stars and planets but mathematically what is the probability to have all the ingredients and how far away could it be ?

I think the Earth is billy no mates.

Mars is a giant ice cube covered in dust. When the Sun gets bigger and expands Mars could become a habitable planet. It needs heating up. Humans can speed the process up if they get there.

Why do you think we are alone NRD? I think Microbe life will be pretty much everywhere. Anything from comets, asteroids, to rocky planets and moons.

Intelligent life capable of making space craft and telescopes? This is the part that is driving everyone nuts. We assume all intelligent life is like our own. Yet in reality we know jack shit about most of the universe. I bet there is more intelligent life out there than us, but they probably don't even consider us as intelligent. Like us looking at an insect type of level.

The experts think having any intelligent life like our self's, the sun needs to be at least a 2nd generation star. That way heavier element like Carbon and Oxygen are used in the development of new solar systems.

According to Hawking it only took 100m years of evolution from early mammals to us. So as long as the right ingredients are in place, evolution can happen in a short time period. In space terms anyway.

The Asteroid that wiped the dinosaurs out is the main reason we are here today. That part I find amazing. They roamed for 200m plus years and one rock ended the lot.

I'm certain that will be our fate as well.

The Earth was a relatively early developer life wise. A few million years for the first bacteria. But another 3 billion for worms and trilobites etc. That's a huge jump in time to produce even basic creatures. To find other life on a par or more advanced than our own is possible but it's the time reaching it, finding it at the right stage of development , it having the right recipe to evolve without catastrophe such as meteors or suns exploding etc.

The sun has to be right, the core of the planet, the elements available, the moon, orbits, time and so on. Each factor and there will be many more makes the formula more unlikely to repeat itself and at the right time. The formula might replicate but be so far away, the birth to death happens in isolation with nobody else knowing. Like this planet wiĺl go from bacteria to final life extinction without anyone else knowing, just us. If anyone can do the maths I am all ears.

I think other intelligent life exists. Just look at how many galaxies, stars, planets and moons the universe holds.

Every galaxy holding between 100m-500m stars. Each galaxy holding more planets and moons than there are stars. They think there is over a trillion galaxies. I'm sure more will be found once Webb is up and running.

We have to remember intelligent life doesn't necessarily need the same ingredients we have had to evolve.

The problem is space is just so big. That is the reason why we will never find out. Even with the more advanced civilisations, the chances are they won't have the technology to cover the whole galaxy.

Even if we have alien friends 30 light years away, we still won't know for thousands of years.

If Hawking's starship ever happens when thousands of nano spaceships get sent off then we might at least see Alpha Centauri before I die. That would be amazing if we achieve that. 25 years they reckon we can get there using laser beams and planets assists.

A stranger from a strange star
On Oct. 19, 2017, Robert Weryk, an astronomer working at the Haleakala Observatory on Maui, saw something no human had ever seen before: a visitor from another star.
The strange object was about a kilometer long, and by the time Weryk spotted it, tumbling wildly into outer space. Over the next two and a half months, scientists around the world scrambled to observe all they could about it before it hurtled out of range of their telescopes forever. That includes its shape, which appears unusually long and thin, and its color, which is possibly a ruddy pink. (There’s a lot of uncertainty in the scientific community.)
It has been over a year since we last saw ‘Oumuamua, but its mysteries are only now beginning to unravel. In June, researchers reported that an unexplained force was causing ‘Oumuamua to deviate from its expected trajectory. By November, the head of Harvard’s astronomy department was theorizing that it could be a piece of alien technology, setting off a media frenzy.
Today, scientists are still poring over the data to answer the many questions ‘Oumuamua left behind—and searching for our next interstellar visitor, which may be waiting right under our noses.
Say hello to our solar system’s recent guest.
? Tweet this!
? View this email on the web

Screen Shot 2019-03-26 at 7.32.53 AM.png

I saw a documentary that China have done loads of work in planting tree's, plants over the last 20 years.

The satellite from space shows how much work they have done. Quite impressive.

Freaks have always had something to freak out about.

Unfortunately recent times have given them the internet voice they don't deserve rather than the good slap they do.

Global warming, climate change, call it what you want has always occurred.

Duh.

Do we actually need their products ? I know they are cheaper but but really ?

It's an interesting questions, but when you look at the sheer scale of the exports to us/europe/North America - the decades of cheaper products have decimated our capacity to produce in volume - should we stop buying from China, it would inflict significant damage on our economy :

http://www.worldstopexports.com/chinas-top-import-partners/

China is creating a stranglehole on low to middle quality manufacturering, as a) it could (until recently) give a toss about the enviromental damage and health issues it inflicts on it's own people and the rest of the World and b) they believe that the World's growing dependency upon them will underpin their ability to dictate foreign policy to the rest of the World.

Our largest import product from China is telecommunications equipment followed by cheap manufactured goods . I challenge why we need to import telecom goods when we are quite able to make our own . The second category is self explanatory, we don't need cheap or faux fake brand shite. These two categories make up close to 30 % of all imports from China. We have a trade deficit of around 25 billion with China.