General politics thread: | Page 45 | Vital Football

General politics thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no feelings either way for the royal family but I have more self-respect than to tastelessly add to somebody’s grief.

If people have no real interest then that’s one thing but at the end of the day a family has lost their husband, father, grandfather and great grand-father etc. They don’t need to see some of the absolute bollocks that is going round social media as well.

I couldn’t give a fuck if they would do the same for me and mine, that is irrelevant.

I am not convinced that ‘different strokes for different folks’ really applies to common decency either.

I'm not adding to anyone's grief. Do you think 'our fucking majesty' is reading this? If I thought for a single second that she gave a fuck about any of her plebiscite 'subjects' then I might reciprocate. The fact is though, I don't believe that for a single second (taking taxpayers money to live a life of obscene opulence demonstrates this; at least to me anyway).

The BBC went totally overboard out of sheer terror of what Johnson's cabinet or the RW press would say if they didn't; apparently they were slaughtered for "insufficient deference" when the QM died in 2002.

BBC 4 was taken offline with a banner telling viewers to go to BBC1 for coverage. CBeebies had a banner telling children to switch over for important news.

The BBC recieved so many complaints they have set up a dedicated complaints section to deal with them; hilariously, some of the RW press have slaughtered them for this, calling them "anti British" and "encouraging complaints about the wall to wall coverage".

I genuinely don't know how you can fill so much airtime with him. What is there to say? Born in Corfu to the house of many foreign names, his family had to flee Greece after a disastrous military campaign, married Liz, sailed on a few boats, launched a few ships, opened a few leisure centres, made vile and racist comments to many groups, lived a life of fucking luxury, died.

I'm not adding to anyone's grief. Do you think 'our fucking majesty' is reading this? If I thought for a single second that she gave a fuck about any of her plebiscite 'subjects' then I might reciprocate. The fact is though, I don't believe that for a single second (taking taxpayers money to live a life of obscene opulence demonstrates this; at least to me anyway).
You'll love this

Screenshot_20210410-190432_Twitter.jpg

I genuinely don't know how you can fill so much airtime with him. What is there to say? Born in Corfu to the house of many foreign names, his family had to flee Greece after a disastrous military campaign, married Liz, sailed on a few boats, launched a few ships, opened a few leisure centres, made vile and racist comments to many groups, lived a life of fucking luxury, died.
I don't get it either.

People who are fundamentally rich and powerful, who wield power the Queen never has, who could do away with the monarchy if they really fancied it- yet they both fake and propogate this extreme deference. People who would trample anyone in their way will bend the knee and prostrate themselves before the very idea of the monarchy.

It can't be real, but I've never got my head around what function it serves for them

For someone who doesn’t give a fuck what other people think, you are getting awfully agitated.

When I mentioned adding to it I meant putting this sort of garbage on social media which, given the comments you have made, I wouldn’t be surprised if you had.

And as I already said, it isn’t about reciprocation it’s about simple common decency which again, you are displaying a distinct lack of...

For someone who doesn’t give a fuck what other people think, you are getting awfully agitated.

When I mentioned adding to it I meant putting this sort of garbage on social media which, given the comments you have made, I wouldn’t be surprised if you had.

And as I already said, it isn’t about reciprocation it’s about simple common decency which again, you are displaying a distinct lack of...

I'm not agitated in the slightest, duck. You're the one that seems agitated (by my comments).

So you're 'assuming' I'm adding to it (again, like owd Lizzie reads Facebook or Twitter!!!)

If I'm displaying a lack of decency, isn't our 'gracious' queen displaying the same level (or lack of)?

I'm not agitated in the slightest, duck. You're the one that seems agitated (by my comments).

So you're 'assuming' I'm adding to it (again, like owd Lizzie reads Facebook or Twitter!!!)

If I'm displaying a lack of decency, isn't our 'gracious' queen displaying the same level (or lack of)?
Not at all, there is nothing anyone could say on here that would even begin to upset me. I just find your comments repugnant and that’s despite having no interest in or love for the Royal family.

Even if the queen doesn’t read Facebook or Twitter, can you honestly believe none of her family use either platform or any of the other platforms available?

How is the Queen displaying any lack of decency? She is in mourning...

Last edited:
Not at all, there is nothing anyone could say on here that would even begin to upset me. I just find your comments repugnant and that’s despite having no interest in it love for the Royal family.

Even if the queen doesn’t read Facebook or Twitter, can you honestly believe none of her family use either platform or any of the other platforms available?

How is the Queen displaying any lack of decency? She is in mourning...

So let's get this straight:

1) I've posted nothing on FB or Twitter. The only place I've posted anything is here. Am I "adding to their grief"?

2) Neither of us is bothered that the Greek leech has died?

3) The queen would not give a fuck if my wife died (who is very much alive, a wonderful, caring and beautiful woman). I don't give a fuck that her husband has died (who was a fucking horrible, elitist bastard). Where's the difference?

1) I've posted nothing on FB or Twitter. The only place I've posted anything is here. Am I "adding to their grief"?

3) The queen would not give a fuck if my wife died (who is very much alive, a wonderful, caring and beautiful woman). I don't give a fuck that her husband has died (who was a fucking horrible, elitist bastard). Where's the difference?
In fairness, The Queen would settle for simple indifference rather than using words such as leech or "fucking horrible elitist bastard" to describe your, thankfully only hypothetically dead, spouse.

I think what Basha is trying to say is that indifference is fair, but perhaps now is not the right time to unleash what you really think on any public platform

In fairness, The Queen would settle for simple indifference rather than using words such as leech or "fucking horrible elitist bastard" to describe your, thankfully only hypothetically dead, spouse.

I think what Basha is trying to say is that indifference is fair, but perhaps now is not the right time to unleash what you really think on any public platform

Come on duck, he was fucking horrible, he was an elitist and he was a bastard (perhaps not in the strictest sense of the word). Have we got to pretend he wasn't? (especially on a page that she doesn't even know exists)

Come on duck, he was fucking horrible, he was an elitist and he was a bastard (perhaps not in the strictest sense of the word). Have we got to pretend he wasn't? (especially on a page that she doesn't even know exists)
I'm not sure anyone is pretending anything. You seem to be the only one making any specific statements about him from what I can tell; mostly people are sticking to general comments and generic feeling sorry for a woman who has lost her husband of 70 years.

I'm not sure how far I agree with your views on Philip specifically, but I'm not the least offended by you holding them and I agree with you that spouting off on here makes no difference. But I also acknowledge Basha's point that doing so is not decorous right now.

I just hope you never have to experience people spouting bile about one of your relatives when they have just died.

I'm not sure anyone is pretending anything. You seem to be the only one making any specific statements about him from what I can tell; mostly people are sticking to general comments and generic feeling sorry for a woman who has lost her husband of 70 years.

I'm not sure how far I agree with your views on Philip specifically, but I'm not the least offended by you holding them and I agree with you that spouting off on here makes no difference. But I also acknowledge Basha's point that doing so is not decorous right now.

But I'm just giving my views. Yes she's lost her (evil) husband but I hold no particular sympathy for her cos I don't like her. She means nothing to me and the only thing I've ever meant to her (even though she's never heard of me) is to contribute to the obscenely opulent life they have lived, with their repugnant history, by HAVING to pay taxes to them. You don't have to like everyone on the planet and be empathetic to them to be a decent person. I would imagine that I'm more concerned about the deaths/poverty/struggles of many, many more people than these bunch of fucking horrible inbreds. So while I may not give a fuck about one of them being dead, I do care about the vast majority of people in this world that suffer at the hands of these kind of people. She on the other hand cares for a select, elite few (in my opinon). So forgive me for not giving a fuck about how they feel

Are you one that overpopulates the earth, WELL ARE YOU?

This is what he thought of me and you

"In the event that I am reincarnated, I would like to return as a deadly virus, to contribute something to solving overpopulation"

'His kind' wouldn't be included in this

Are you one that overpopulates the earth, WELL ARE YOU?

This is what he thought of me and you

"In the event that I am reincarnated, I would like to return as a deadly virus, to contribute something to solving overpopulation"

'His kind' wouldn't be included in this
So you are saying that overpopulation isn’t an issue despite evidence to the contrary?

You are interpreting that comment in a way that shows your prejudice more than it does his.

Status
Not open for further replies.