General politics thread: | Page 44 | Vital Football

General politics thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the Houses of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg and Saxe-Coburg and Gotha (yes I know this one was renamed and doesn't exist anymore) firing any guns today?

Rule Britannia :rotfl:

Respected and admired for what?
radford said it.
She had a pretty boring job with the best possible perks, but she did that job for her entire life.
If anyone else spent their life doing a job and doing it well, they would get respect and admiration for it. She's no different.
Again I'm no fan of the royals generally or their default position in society, but that isn't personal.

I'm definitely not a monarchst but I've no stomach for the glee some have shown for an old woman losing her husband.

More ironically, some of the responses taking the piss about him dying are the same ones taking the morale high ground over protecting the older generation from Covid. I guess if a Royal dies leaving a wife and childrrn it’s different and just funny.

At her age, this could quite possibly break her. You don’t lose someone after that length of time without it having a huge impact.

From a purely human point of view she deserves some sympathy.

I'm sure you'd get some sympathy from that repugnant family if a member of your family died!

The world is a better place without evil, elitist racists and today we have one less

I'm sure you'd get some sympathy from that repugnant family if a member of your family died!

The world is a better place without evil, elitist racists and today we have one less
All you are showing is that you are every bit as repugnant as the family you are demonising.

You don’t have to have sympathy but only the lowest sort of pond-scum would take enjoyment from an old lady’s grief.

All you are showing is that you are every bit as repugnant as the family you are demonising.

You don’t have to have sympathy but only the lowest sort of pond-scum would take enjoyment from an old ladies’ grief.

I don't particularly take enjoyment from it but I don't believe for a single second that she'd have any empathy for anyone else outside of her elitist circles who found themselves in a similar situation.

I don't give a fuck what anyone thinks, the world is better off without people like him

I don't particularly take enjoyment from it but I don't believe for a single second that she'd have any empathy for anyone else outside of her elitist circles who found themselves in a similar situation.

I don't give a fuck what anyone thinks, the world is better off without people like him
Judging by your comments it’s probably a good job you don’t give a fuck what people think...

Judging by your comments it’s probably a good job you don’t give a fuck what people think...

You obviously feel a sense of loss when an evil, elitist, racist, scrounging bastard dies, I don't. It'd be boring if we were all the same, wouldn't it?

You obviously feel a sense of loss when an evil, elitist, racist, scrounging bastard dies, I don't. It'd be boring if we were all the same, wouldn't it?
I have no feelings either way for the royal family but I have more self-respect than to tastelessly add to somebody’s grief.

If people have no real interest then that’s one thing but at the end of the day a family has lost their husband, father, grandfather and great grand-father etc. They don’t need to see some of the absolute bollocks that is going round social media as well.

I couldn’t give a fuck if they would do the same for me and mine, that is irrelevant.

I am not convinced that ‘different strokes for different folks’ really applies to common decency either.

The respect and admiration is not what you would think.

Judging by the viewing figures for that hideous wall to wall coverage on BBC and ITV yesterday it looks like the Royal's have passed their sell by date.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...prince-philip-death-bbc-ratings-b1829504.html

I blame Brexit; the anti German sentiment in the Country is getting a bit silly.

The BBC went totally overboard out of sheer terror of what Johnson's cabinet or the RW press would say if they didn't; apparently they were slaughtered for "insufficient deference" when the QM died in 2002.

BBC 4 was taken offline with a banner telling viewers to go to BBC1 for coverage. CBeebies had a banner telling children to switch over for important news.

The BBC recieved so many complaints they have set up a dedicated complaints section to deal with them; hilariously, some of the RW press have slaughtered them for this, calling them "anti British" and "encouraging complaints about the wall to wall coverage".

The respect and admiration is not what you would think.

Judging by the viewing figures for that hideous wall to wall coverage on BBC and ITV yesterday it looks like the Royal's have passed their sell by date.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...prince-philip-death-bbc-ratings-b1829504.html

I blame Brexit; the anti German sentiment in the Country is getting a bit silly.

Ruined my day. Put Radio 2 on in the car expecting to hear Paul Gambaccini playing songs from 1981 and Steve Wright's on instead playing "4 hours of soft and gentle music, reflecting the nation's mood". *****!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.