General politics thread: | Page 47 | Vital Football

General politics thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right Pope, read my above comment before you reply to this.

You said you could get behind a manifesto that related to a deadly virus depopulating the world. Is that correct? Would you like a deadly virus that depopulated the world or have I misunderstood you?

Right Pope, read my above comment before you reply to this.

You said you could get behind a manifesto that related to a deadly virus depopulating the world. Is that correct? Would you like a deadly virus that depopulated the world or have I misunderstood you?
I'm not sure I would like it, no.

I prefer my end of the world's in books rather than on my doorstep.

But if nature chose to do us all in, from a planet earth point of view there are upsides.

You do understand the concept of a flippant remark, and I think a few people on here have demonstrated how common they are.

I'm not sure I would like it, no.

I prefer my end of the world's in books rather than on my doorstep.

But if nature chose to do us all in, from a planet earth point of view there are upsides.

You do understand the concept of a flippant remark, and I think a few people on here have demonstrated how common they are.

Of course, I understand flippancy but you actually said it was something you could get behind. Was that a joke or are you an advocate of depopulation?

I'm not sure DoE's comments were just flippant though, the elites are veery open about depopulation

Of course, I understand flippancy but you actually said it was something you could get behind. Was that a joke or are you an advocate of depopulation?

I'm not sure DoE's comments were just flippant though, the elites are veery open about depopulation
It's a joke, of course. I'm not into mass genocide. I personally would like to be reincarnated as something way better than a deadly virus.

That said, if mother nature decides its our time then I wouldnt blame her one bit. Cosmologically speaking we've had a good run.

And I think it's pathetic to defend such people as you have. I think it's pathetic to call them decent and me not. Having said all that, even though we don't agree 100% of the time, I've nothing against you or your views (everyone, no matter how extreme they are entitled to them). Shall we just agree to disagree? :thumbup:

I've made a conscious effort to stop arguing with a few on here so I don't want to start even more arguments over some fucker who I quite frankly despise :thumbup:
I am not defending him. As I said I don’t care either way about the royal family.

To me it’s just a simple matter of an old man dying and a family’s grief and finding unnecessary comments distasteful.

I have said my piece though and am happy to leave it there.

As I switched off EFL on Quest just now (after watching highlights of top League 1 games), I'm sure the commentator said something about Bristol Rovers holding 'a pagan grounding ceremony' on Easter Sunday.

I'm thinking The Wicker Man, but I may have misheard.

Of course it was a fucking joke but im not in favour of over population either, have seen way too many developing countries and too many people here who have more kids than they can support. Nevertheless you cant hang people on a flippent comment- this forum is full of them and why not.

Tbh would rather talk about how the global system works against population balance and resource distribution than take the piss out two people who are and were.not angels but tried to live a life of civic duty.

The royal family are observing 8 days of mourning. No one else is expected to.

I suspect most families of COVID victims have done at least that

No, the nation is in mourning. Do MPs wear black armbands and all public building flags fly at half-mast for other people? Are events cancelled/changed, political campaigning suspended, etc? Wall to wall coverage on the BBC? And most of all did Paul Gambaccini get booted from his show, depriving me of an hour of 1981 when the ones I knew died of Covid. This is very much a national thing and a very well-orchestrated one by the establishment/ruling elites to create an atmosphere where any doubts about the monarchy in general, or the Duke in particular, are condemned as lacking empathy or even traitorous.

No, the nation is in mourning. Do MPs wear black armbands and all public building flags fly at half-mast for other people? Are events cancelled/changed, political campaigning suspended, etc? Wall to wall coverage on the BBC? And most of all did Paul Gambaccini get booted from his show, depriving me of an hour of 1981 when the ones I knew died of Covid. This is very much a national thing and a very well-orchestrated one by the establishment/ruling elites to create an atmosphere where any doubts about the monarchy in general, or the Duke in particular, are condemned as lacking empathy or even traitorous.
There's two aspects to this though.
One is, like you say, subjectification. 'The nation is mourning' is a great headline, subtly implying as it does that those who aren't mourning aren't part of the nation.

The other is a basic golden rule type argument. Most people will be respectful upon someone's death because its how they would want their death, and their family etc. to be treated.

Maybe that's true, but it has never been easier for the average citizen to completely avoid and ignore it.

Given the way I "consume" (hate that word) media, it is highly likely that I won't at any point see or be affected by any of this "national mourning". I won't be taking any silence, I haven't watched live TV other than sports for years, I don't read print newspapers. I won't see my Tory MP ever, nor any other and I am highly unlikely to even see a flag, let alone one at half mast. The forest game will be moved, that's the extent of how much this "establishment plot" will affect me.

Someone younger than me is likely to be affected even less than that. By the time it's over, most people won't ever know it even began. Quite frankly, by claiming to be having this forced on you, you are simply showing your age.

Last edited:
There's two aspects to this though.
One is, like you say, subjectification. 'The nation is mourning' is a great headline, subtly implying as it does that those who aren't mourning aren't part of the nation.

The other is a basic golden rule type argument. Most people will be respectful upon someone's death because its how they would want their death, and their family etc. to be treated.

But I genuinely don't care and not going to pretend that I do. I have the opportunity to take the moral high ground here but I don't want to cos it'd be flase. I know for a fact that she wouldn't give a fuck if my wife died (I don't expect her to). I could take Basha's line and say that just cos she doesn't give a fuck, doesn't mean I don't have to. I'm not 'happy' for her personal loss, I just don't give a fuck about it. I do, however, hold a different view and have sympathy for the vast majority of people who lose friends and family.

Status
Not open for further replies.