General politics thread: | Page 43 | Vital Football

General politics thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.
....BUT, whatever your opinion, she IS NOT UNIVERSALLY 'respected and admired'. That is absolute fact, not opinion.

In my book, the ones who do actually respect and admire her are every bit as idiotic as the people you speak about, but, each to their own
If she was any one of the rest of us she would be respected and admired. She spent her whole life doing a duty, and did it very well in general, as did Philip, even though he's a stereotypical racist old man.
I have no other feelings about her than that really. I dislike the idea of ruling without consent, but that's not really a personal issue caused by Elizabeth or Philip, but the institution she was born into.

I lost respect for the Queen when she failed to stand up to Johnson over illegal prorogation. She was quick to give Blair the cold shoulder over Diana (which he was right about) and she should be doing the same to Johnson.

I am largely indifferent beyond that. If I support the monarchy in any way, it is simply because I am horrified by the prospect of the kind of president the British public would vote for

If she was any one of the rest of us she would be respected and admired. She spent her whole life doing a duty, and did it very well in general, as did Philip, even though he's a stereotypical racist old man.
I have no other feelings about her than that really. I dislike the idea of ruling without consent, but that's not really a personal issue caused by Elizabeth or Philip, but the institution she was born into.

Respected and admired for what?

Respected and admired for what?
I don't have any respect for the institution and very little for the members of this elite, self appointed ruling class.
I feel sorry for her as an old lady who's husband died but I won't be grieving him any more than they did when my Dad died ( and he was a far more admirable character than Owd Prince whatsiface)

I don't have any respect for the institution and very little for the members of this elite, self appointed ruling class.
I feel sorry for her as an old lady who's husband died but I won't be grieving him any more than they did when my Dad died ( and he was a far more admirable character than Owd Prince whatsiface)

It's probably fair to point out that they're not self appointed, they are born into these positions and they don't actually rule over anything.
You don't really need to grieve over any of them.

Just a quick technical note, the crown reigns, it does not rule.

The reality is that this is a 95 year old woman who has lost her husband of 70 years. Anything else is besides the point and a bit of respect shouldn’t be too much to ask...
As a man of 75yrs staunch Conservative and a true royalist my thoughts are with her majesty our Queen on the death of her husband. See I am nailing my colours to the mast.

Status
Not open for further replies.