General politics thread: | Page 126 | Vital Football

General politics thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or total fucking stupidity; how else would you describe a person who is content with being bribed with their own money?
lol bribed with cheap booze.
Ive been a general piss taker about alcoholic Brits I know but ffs, last week there were genuinelly public saying "well wine is actually a necessity"

So that put you off being a remainer; I doubt it very much.

Not voting in line with the will of their constituents was a ruse used by the ERG over and again because it suited their agenda.

How many of that group voted against the will of their constituents last week on the Patterson vote?

Judging by the resulting opinion polls I would guess quite a few.

Politicians vote against the will of their constituents every sitting day and it does not get mentioned, mainly because they do not give a fuck about their constituents
And even those who do care sometimes have to vote against the will of their constituents for the greater good. Politics is about choices.
It is easier to pass unpopular but necessary laws when there is a useful supranational organisation to blame. That is one of the EU's great strengths but it should have been protected.

Looking at Bacstabba's desperate defence of the indefensible,one has to despair for the UK with so many blindly following the gutter media lead and supporting the corrupt elite. It's like return to the days of Dickens.

And even those who do care sometimes have to vote against the will of their constituents for the greater good. Politics is about choices.
It is easier to pass unpopular but necessary laws when there is a useful supranational organisation to blame. That is one of the EU's great strengths but it should have been protected.
the greater good of 'who' is the question tho, cos probably not you or I

the greater good of 'who' is the question tho, cos probably not you or I
No, it is precisely when it would be better for you and me.

Take tax, for example. Shall we abolish it? Popular policy, maybe - but not great for the country in the long term.
Let's stop investing 'the people's money' in boring things like sewers and give everyone free patatas bravas.

Populism isn't good, because unpopular things sometimes need to be done.

Looking at Bacstabba's desperate defence of the indefensible,one has to despair for the UK with so many blindly following the gutter media lead and supporting the corrupt elite. It's like return to the days of Dickens.
If i had even a modicum of respect for your views i would properly reply to your post. I havn't so i wont.

No, it is precisely when it would be better for you and me.

Take tax, for example. Shall we abolish it? Popular policy, maybe - but not great for the country in the long term.
Let's stop investing 'the people's money' in boring things like sewers and give everyone free patatas bravas.

Populism isn't good, because unpopular things sometimes need to be done.
Not really sure where youre coming fro with that. Not really heard anyone talk about aboloshing tax, altho deciding that there isnt other ways of making life work isnt correct eiher, theres always ways to make things work. Believe it or not there are whole communities in the world that all band together and pay for the sewages, power and roads. Of course the 'money' still has to be found, we can call that tax essentially. Tax itself isnt the issue in itself, whatver tax it is, National insurance, road tax, council tax, duties we are taxed ten times over on most things we do. The issues are where all that money goes and are we getting value for money.

I would love to have this as a project wouldnt you?, like actually see the ten thousand things that need financing and build it again from the ground up kinda thing. Tho even then of course we all have such different values in some things, it would have to be done initially based on basic necessities to survive, i.e health, food , power.. but as soon as you even get to something like education or freedom of movement then things become matters of perspective

Cmon then chaps no one has mention the latest twist in the harry and markle story.

So she forgot that in fact she had discussed and assisted an 'unauthorised' biography.

Doesnt look good does it. No love for the mail whatsoever but she is left looking like a manipulative little so and so

That guy on hunger stike says he’ll continue until his protest is deemed medically unsafe. :/

Thats like saying Im going to drive my car into this wall... but I will brake and avoid the wall

Cmon then chaps no one has mention the latest twist in the harry and markle story.

So she forgot that in fact she had discussed and assisted an 'unauthorised' biography.

Doesnt look good does it. No love for the mail whatsoever but she is left looking like a manipulative little so and so
I deduced that from her part in Suits :)

Status
Not open for further replies.