General politics thread: | Page 127 | Vital Football

General politics thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, pre-Napoleon the French colours were white I believe. This was the colour of the Bourbon regime (sorry Strett not sweeties old pal).

"Isn't it funny how many biscuits are named after revolutionaries?
You've got your Garibaldi - Italian revolutionary.
You've got your Bourbon - French revolutionaries.
And then of course there's your Peek Frean Trotsky Assortment.

Suicide bomber in Liverpool.
Seems wanted to be dropped off in taxi at the memorial service but trafic jams meant he then asked to go to the hospital instead.
The taxi driver noticed a suicide vest and immediately locked the guy in the car and tried to leave the vehicle. The bomb went off an and hes injured bad but not life threatening.
Kinda reminded me of of mice and men; just to act without thought, as opposed to just see it and not react. Has saved umpteen lives.

Actually, pre-Napoleon the French colours were white I believe. This was the colour of the Bourbon regime (sorry Strett not sweeties old pal).

Wasn't it the Royal Standard? I know there were fleur-de-lis aplenty in French flagular* history.

*I have made a word up, kinda fits.

You have to admire a Government, that on one hand is so authoritarian it can dictate to you whether you can use a park bench, and on the other is oh-so benevolent, that it won't deport a failed asylum seeker for 7 years because of feelings.

You have to admire a Government, that on one hand is so authoritarian it can dictate to you whether you can use a park bench, and on the other is oh-so benevolent, that it won't deport a failed asylum seeker for 7 years because of feelings.
Maybe there was a paper bag stuffed with money involved..? The old ways remain the best. 😳

In front of some of our most progressive business leaders. If anyone had any respect remaining for him, its hard to see that remaining in all seriousness, he's a genuine bufoon. I still find it hard to comprehend that a modern society can have a 'leader; like this, it a genuine mockery of everything. A country that has produced brilliant people. Id estimate Bojo as a low 100s iq

By Friday, forecasters at WX Charts say people living as far south at the West Midlands may be hit by up to six centimetres of snow.

The forecasters also predicted a 70% chance of snow in Birmingham by the weekend.

May well affect games..

From the political aspect, it is forecast that uk will experience its wettest winter ever during the next 3 months. I imagine that this is going to cause serious flooding, considering it seems to flood after just few days o rain some areas. Do you think councils and governments have plans and funds ready for the areas likely to be most affected?

By Friday, forecasters at WX Charts say people living as far south at the West Midlands may be hit by up to six centimetres of snow.

The forecasters also predicted a 70% chance of snow in Birmingham by the weekend.

May well affect games..

From the political aspect, it is forecast that uk will experience its wettest winter ever during the next 3 months. I imagine that this is going to cause serious flooding, considering it seems to flood after just few days o rain some areas. Do you think councils and governments have plans and funds ready for the areas likely to be most affected?
If they did it would be the first time ever. 😳

Not surprised but no less shocked

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59388886

Prime example of this tory govt promising big and delivering little. Kier might lack charisma but he gave boris a pasting over the social care 'reforms' today and was entirely correct to say boris hasnt solved anything and has just put his hand in all our pockets except his rich mates.

Time for change.

Status
Not open for further replies.