GB news | Page 14 | Vital Football

GB news

Peter Hitchen tonight
The old ex Trot is mad as a box of frogs.
Good viewing though.

He's a strange man , that's for sure !
Obsessed with bringing the Tories down or as he emphasised, of their destruction šŸ˜•
A rather negative man too
He tried to attack Farage over Brexit but failed miserably.

Have you got a source for that Trev ?

One of the problems is that we don't know who is coming in. Record number of 482 arrived by boats yesterday (No paperwork with them) .Germany is now averaging two gang rapes a day.

https://m.bild.de/politik/inland/po...igungen-77243610.bild.html&wt_t=1628194000143

Having a Google:
https://migrationobservatory.ox.ac....grants-go-migration-data-during-the-pandemic/

Although the stats admittedly sound like they need to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Undocumented asylum seekers isnā€™t the end of the world as long as they get picked up. Remember, this isnā€™t USA. I used to live in two different states and remember how hundreds the immigrant population would line the dual carriageways in each town hoping to be picked up for casual labour.

Meanwhile people (particularly refugees and economic migrants) are leaving in their droves. .

That's not being reported as much. The footage of the boat crossing people is only showing people travelling from France to England, not the other way.

They use the blanket term 'migrants'.
Migration is good šŸ‘
The wrong type of migration will provoke war 'twixt cultures/religions šŸ‘Ž

What do people prefer ?
I grew up and worked in environments where it was the done thing to dislike Eastern Europeans for ā€œcoming here, taking our jobs/benefitsā€. So Iā€™m slightly heartened to hear your acceptance that non-asylum migration is good (and you would personally know).

Other than that you know my position is we shouldnā€™t rip up all future asylum applications based on heinous crimes committed by a portion of those who have previously landed on our shores.

That's not being reported as much. The footage of the boat crossing people is only showing people travelling from France to England, not the other way.
Migrants arriving on dinghies will always sell and get the heart beating. Migrants leaving our shores will no doubt get the Remain press whipping up a storm too. The main issue I believe is down to a lack of stats, as the link I sent Valencia suggests:

ā€œ The main source of data used to measure immigration and emigration flowsā€”the International Passenger Surveyā€”has been suspended due to the pandemic. As a result, recent attempts to examine how the migrant population is changing have used population survey data, which does not give a direct measure migration flows but does give some insight into the migrant population and how it is changing.ā€

No one is illegal.

So do you support a welfare state ?
If so, how do you decide who is entitled to support ? (anyone who rocks up ??)
Then how do you decide who should be taxed to pay for it ? (everyone you dislike ?)

Your home :
Do you ever lock the door ?
If not, do you have an expectation that a boat-load of people shouldn't just turn up and demand a bed for the night ?

They use the blanket term 'migrants'.
Migration is good šŸ‘
The wrong type of migration will provoke war 'twixt cultures/religions šŸ‘Ž

What do people prefer ?
"Migration is good".
Careful or you might get mis-represented.;)

The problem for the UK has been mass-migration with its huge, negative impacts...
.....not cross-fertilisation of ideas from a handful of migrants.

Supporters of migration often give examples of how the UK helped the persecuted.
A favourite example is the French Hugenots - Protestants escaping persecution by Catholics.
Off Rochester High Street is a terrace built for them (and a plaque with details).
But......
It was around 50,000 ... over 10 years.
Easy to manage.

Over the last decade the UK has received around 1,000,000 every 3 years.
(Then we "found" an extra 3,000,000 EU citizens who applied for settled status.)

There is only one "NetZero" that should be supported.
One out, one in .... until housebuilding has caught up
(and schools, surgeries roads etc)

Which reminds me....
In Spain, when the financial crisis hit, we had many reports of large amounts of new built housing that was empty.
There was so little demand that the Banks did not evict job-losers (better to have the property looked after.)

So what is happening with those empty properties now ?

Sean Bailey tonight
Excellent debate between two guys with nothing in common
No raised voices
No talking over

Sean Bailey tonight
Excellent debate between two guys with nothing in common
No raised voices
No talking over

Do the guests actually answer the questions posed?

I feel that the interruptions are necessary to stop politicians deflecting and digressing in an attempt to avoid scrutiny.

Do the guests actually answer the questions posed?

I feel that the interruptions are necessary to stop politicians deflecting and digressing in an attempt to avoid scrutiny.
Farage doesnā€™t really ask questions.
He gives his points of view then allows the guests to give theirs.
Itā€™s actually interesting and quite progressive.
No point scoring and total respect for an alternative view.
Maybe it will catch on.

Some on here talk about migration if itā€™s just about welcoming people into the country. For context, the birth rate I.e. live births per 1000 of the population is currently at its lowest since records began and thatā€™s not a new phenomenon. Thatā€™s a trend thatā€™s been growing over the last few years. Itā€™s not confined to the UK, but is also happening across the developed world. At the same time weā€™re living longer (although life expectancy increases have stalled in the UK). The combination of the two factors means that the economically active portion of the population is shrinking fast.

There is also a figure for full employment. Itā€™s difficult to say exactly what it is because of things like under employment (I.e. where people are counted as in employment but only have a limited amount of part time work). In years gone by, the calculation was a figure of around a million unemployed counted as full employment. Thatā€™s partly because of employability but also because of a mismatch of skills. You might be short of brain surgeons and airline pilots but only a small percentage of the 1 million are capable of being trained for those jobs.

If you look at many studies you find that the vast majority of migrants want the opportunity to work and contribute. The argument with many seems to revolve around that point. If there is general agreement that we need managed migration, the reality is that the majority in the past have come into the country into specific areas of employment. Now that many have gone, we are suffering.

There should be a sensible debate around this issue. The problem is that it rarely happens because that, for at least some, dislike of foreigners and xenophobia seems to drive all other considerations out of the window. Thatā€™s not a barb directed on anyone on here but an observation on the state of the debate in the country generally.

If you canā€™t have the conversation, you can never find a solution.
During the debate about leaving the Eu and thus, uncontrolled immigration from the Eu, the discussion usually turned toā€˜little Englanderā€™ xenophobic racists.
One of our past contributors tossed it around like confetti at a wedding.
Itā€™s accepted that immigration is necessary but most logical people (even Farage)
What the majority seem to think is that it should be controlled to benefit the receiving country.
I canā€™t imagine why anybody could have a problem with that.

Some on here talk about migration if itā€™s just about welcoming people into the country. For context, the birth rate I.e. live births per 1000 of the population is currently at its lowest since records began and thatā€™s not a new phenomenon. Thatā€™s a trend thatā€™s been growing over the last few years. Itā€™s not confined to the UK, but is also happening across the developed world. At the same time weā€™re living longer (although life expectancy increases have stalled in the UK). The combination of the two factors means that the economically active portion of the population is shrinking fast.

There is also a figure for full employment. Itā€™s difficult to say exactly what it is because of things like under employment (I.e. where people are counted as in employment but only have a limited amount of part time work). In years gone by, the calculation was a figure of around a million unemployed counted as full employment. Thatā€™s partly because of employability but also because of a mismatch of skills. You might be short of brain surgeons and airline pilots but only a small percentage of the 1 million are capable of being trained for those jobs.

If you look at many studies you find that the vast majority of migrants want the opportunity to work and contribute. The argument with many seems to revolve around that point. If there is general agreement that we need managed migration, the reality is that the majority in the past have come into the country into specific areas of employment. Now that many have gone, we are suffering.

There should be a sensible debate around this issue. The problem is that it rarely happens because that, for at least some, dislike of foreigners and xenophobia seems to drive all other considerations out of the window. Thatā€™s not a barb directed on anyone on here but an observation on the state of the debate in the country generally.

For the cool kids: Y=AF(K,L)

But it has to be sensible debate by people saying the "right" things. Any mention of crime, intolerance, misogyny, homophobia, sexual abuse etc will soon lead to accusations of racism from the self righteous crew (the leader of which, ironically, won't even be able to see this thread!).

Interesting show tonight by Farage including main guest of Roger Hallam from ExReb.
Iā€™m not sure which one is more bonkers.

Interesting show tonight by Farage including main guest of Roger Hallam from ExReb.
Iā€™m not sure which one is more bonkers.

I was disappointed in Farage tonight.
The extinction rebellion guy was a bit weird to say the least. Farage tried a bit too hard to humiliate his opponent.
Hopefully Nigel receives some feedback and returns to a more pleasant tone.

I'm enjoying Brazier's show , standing in for Andrew Neil.
He has almost (to use a footballing term) made the position his own.

Noticeable that gbnews takes the same line as the rest of the media - russia evil, china evil, etc lol.

That's basically because Russia is a threat to the West and has been since the end of WW2.
For the Russian hierarchy, the cold war never ended.

As for China, well they have and are committing a genocide while much of the western world stays silent.
The treatment of the Uighur Muslims is absolutely appalling.

So, basically Jerry, by saying Russia evil and China evil, you've pretty much hit the nail on the head.
If GBNews didn't portray it as what it is, they would be accused of fake news.