GB news | Page 15 | Vital Football

GB news

That's basically because Russia is a threat to the West and has been since the end of WW2.
For the Russian hierarchy, the cold war never ended.

As for China, well they have and are committing a genocide while much of the western world stays silent.
The treatment of the Uighur Muslims is absolutely appalling.

So, basically Jerry, by saying Russia evil and China evil, you've pretty much hit the nail on the head.
If GBNews didn't portray it as what it is, they would be accused of fake news.
Supposedly gbnews was going to be different where opinions from all sides would be there not just totally biased news without any investigation or critique. Just report the truth good or bad.
The genocide of 1m muslims in Burma also goes on without comment. Wrong kind of muslims and china or Russia not involved so nothing to see here lol.

You clearly haven’t watched it then.

if you are talking about gbnews then i watch it at least twice a day. The comment is just on their biased coverage of russia and china not other news. Does not mean you support either if you just do some actual investigative journalism before reporting on subjects.

Supposedly gbnews was going to be different where opinions from all sides would be there not just totally biased news without any investigation or critique. Just report the truth good or bad.
The genocide of 1m muslims in Burma also goes on without comment. Wrong kind of muslims and china or Russia not involved so nothing to see here lol.
If you are complaining that GB News hasn't covered "Burma", you may be right.
(How many people watch GBNews all day ?)

But in my experience, BBC and Sky can be even more limited in what they cover.
Some days they obsess about one (or two) topics - often dominating each and every news "hour".
(Sometimes, even the Weather has more variety !:oops:)

Which why so many on here have mentioned Al Jazeerah - as a reminder that there are other places around the world that has "news".

That said, GB News seem to make a point of limiting most topics to 10 minutes or less - so getting 6 or more different topics in each hour.
....and not all "hours" have the same topics.

How many different types are there ?

at least two - poor oppressed ones in china with no comment as to why china believed they had to behave in this way and those in Burma who had to be chucked out because of their Terrorism towards the burma military.
Both are wrong but we report them differently so can only assume there are different grades of muslims where sympathy is handed out.

How many different types are there ?

"Based on different beliefs, many new sects and groups have emerged over the years and it is difficult to know exactly how many there are. The prophet (SAW) did guide us along the path of truth and has informed the believers that just as the people of the book divided themselves into 72 sects, the Muslims will also be divided into 73 sects, all but one will enter hell. When asked about which group shall be the saved sect, he said, ‘That group which holds on to my teachings and the teachings of my companions.'"

https://darululoomtt.net/sects-muslims/

"Yet, as a whole, Islam is less divided than Christianity - the vast majority of the world's Muslims are Sunnis. And Sufism is a mystical approach to Islam that is approved as orthodox by nearly all Muslims."

https://religionfacts.com/islam/branches

Covering China or Burma isn't really what GB news is about though. The clue is in the name.
If its not British related , why should it be mentioned ?
Sky and BBC tend to cover some world news.

If you are complaining that GB News hasn't covered "Burma", you may be right.
(How many people watch GBNews all day ?)

But in my experience, BBC and Sky can be even more limited in what they cover.
Some days they obsess about one (or two) topics - often dominating each and every news "hour".
(Sometimes, even the Weather has more variety !:oops:)

Which why so many on here have mentioned Al Jazeerah - as a reminder that there are other places around the world that has "news".

That said, GB News seem to make a point of limiting most topics to 10 minutes or less - so getting 6 or more different topics in each hour.
....and not all "hours" have the same topics.

my point was more that gbnews said it would be different but as expected they will still have their biases dependent on their backers and perceived audience.
i tend to watch all of the media channels including fox via the internet.
Aljazeera does give coverage not shown on other channels as does rt sometimes. China tv was forced off of the air even though the propoganda was minimal and had good documentaries and travel progs.

Gbnews was a much needed channel and mostly is very good but is more a comment on news channel.

i still tend to watch bbc news still and then check out what is said independently. Most people dont look for the truth as once you have taken a side or religion then everything your chosen side says 'becomes the truth! Lol.

I tend to watch a bit of the breakfast show which is much improved with McCoy and Gallagher.
I usually watch or record Farage at seven.
So far, so good with fascinating guests from all walks of life.
I did like the Andrew Neil show.
He’s top drawer.
He’s gone awol
Hopefully he’ll be back.

1 million? That's much more than I have ever seen. The Wikipedia article says 25,000?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rohingya_genocide

think that article says 25,000 is just those killed. It then estimates another 700,000 forced out of country.

information is scarce and contradictory but ufnicefs and un figures back this up:

https://www.unicef.org/emergencies/rohingya-crisis

other sources seem to agree on:
Pre2017 - 200,000
Post2017 - another 700,000

1m evidently came from those estimating over a much longer period or the highest latest estimates.

Doesn't genocide mean killing? Suicide, infanticide, homicide, insecticide, they are all death words

sounds simple but the actual legal definition is not totally clear as its not only killing and states are reluctant to call anything genocide as that would mean that legally the in etc would have to react. Ethnic cleansing would also mostly fit the bill but it looks as if the Burmese muslims are experiencing a mixture of genocide and ethic cleansing depending who is talking lol.

Genocide is a tricky term
Can mean the physical liquidation of a people -eg Nazis and Jews, us and the Tasmanians

Can mean putting a people in situation where they will die without help -eg Armenians in the Syrian desert

Can mean the deliberate neglect and abuse of a people -working them to death, banning their language, sterilization, beard cutting, taking their children and destroying their culture -Stalin’s camps, Uighurs, native North Americans, Irish

Gets used sometimes now for when any particular subgroup of a people, sometimes quite small, are singled out for any or all of the above

Seen it used to distinguish a particular song from rock and roll in general by the Sage of Bromley.

Gets used a lot more now thanks to international law prescribing consequences once the UN has declared a genocide.

as such a handy rock to bounce off other people’s heads

I’d reserve it for intentional efforts to kill off large numbers of a particular people so that getting rid of all them can plausibly seen as the objective.

A huge difference between a bullet in the back of my head and not letting me speak English, worship any or no god, and watch football IMHO. I can keep doing all the above while I’m alive, and there’s nothing like a bit of cultural oppression to give a culture a good boost.

I’d also listen to an argument that the term should be reserved for the Jews, Gypsies, and Armenians, to date, although the Carthaginians might have a fair shout.

There is a case for saying that killing off a people is worse than killing off a similar number of any old people, and I’d keep the distinction, but the dangers are always there. Broaden it out and everyone’s a victim. Hold to it too tight and your left trying to argue why the Holocaust was worse than the lives lost in slavery and the passage to it.

I’d reserve it for intentional efforts to kill off large numbers of a particular people so that getting rid of all them can plausibly seen as the objective

Agreed , otherwise it risks joining other words that can lose their meaning.

although the Carthaginians might have a fair shout.

Mrs VG was born in Cartegena and she's never mentioned it !
A tenous link , I know.

Agreed , otherwise it risks joining other words that can lose their meaning.

Mrs VG was born in Cartegena and she's never mentioned it !
A tenous link , I know.

Cartagena is a great town.
We did the tapas trail there a few years back.
A tapa and glass of vino in each bar.
It was so busy and noisy that I had little idea what I was ordering but we ate it, it was all delicious and we got quite pissed.
Good memories.

I've been getting into GB News a bit recently after it's slightly shoddy start. It's still got a strange fuzzy backdrop, but the coverage is improving for me. Obviously it is centre right leaning, so a lot won't like it, in the same way a lot of us don't like the BBC and Sky News; however, it makes a nice alternative - especially as the current affairs radio content is going down hill. I used to like LBC, but that is very much lurching to the left (Ferrari and Ian Dale aside), then I switched to Talkradio and still like the Ian Collins show, but the rest are Covid denail propogandists and obsessives. The BBC's offering of Radio 5 used to be decent, but is awful as, in a typical Beeb way, they seem to want to appeal to a younger audience and have dumbed down a lot of their news coverage during the day and operate in more of a GMB/Piers Morgan tabloid way talking about frivilous and uninteresting things.

I did enjoy GB News going to Monty Panesar this morning, for what reason I don't know, to talk about the Brentford v Arsenal game tonight. It was an absolute car crash. I've seen Monty talk before, mainly on cricket. He seems like a lovely chap, but completely dense. Last I was aware, he was from Luton and a Luton fan (I saw a pic of him in a Luton shirt and scarf once), but today he is a Brentford fan apparently and supporting them, but also supports Arsenal. He then went on to say that he ws looking forward to seeing how Ivan Thomas does in the Prem League. He's clearly a better footballer than he was a cricketer for Kent! Box office punditry from Monty.

Last edited: