GB News Launching | Page 25 | Vital Football

GB News Launching

TBF any policy where the culture secretary (a KC!) has to go on telly lurching from interview to interview like a Ford Ka that has hit an 18 wheeler head on must be a good defensible one.

Kay Burley then had a go at Huw Merriman today who wasn't much better, suddenly looks like peak Paxman. At least Susan Hall is around to make headlines about something else dumb.

Honestly what did we do to deserve these people

At last, Ofcom going to get more powers to hold BBC to similar impartiality rules as the private sector are. Also known as, the BBC can no longer be trusted to police itself.
Meanwhile

Meanwhile

Good to see that Reform are still right royally peeing off the establishment. Oh the howls of anguish, alarm and jealousy echoing up and down the land. Only 10% of the vote at best, what are they so concerned about.

'The others' have the Beeb, Channel 4 etc. if people want to watch their slant on things. There's a home for everyone, and space in the market for all. Could it simply be that the message from GB News strikes a chord with a sizeable minority who were being ignored by those channels previously, and that's why 'them' (sic) that want to, choose to take their current affairs from a channel that doesn't suppress their views and opinions.*

How dare a populist party get such exposure, don't they know their place; such temerity to balance out the leanings of the others that spoon fed the sheep unchallenged for so long.

It does make me laugh though, all the hysteria from the left and liberals - I thought they would be happy whilst GB News are serving to undermine the Tories at the ballot box whilst giving their parties a leg up electorally in so doing.

*If people can be bothered to watch the GB News output they will find out it does present centre/left of centre pov....it just also happens to give people a healthy dose of the right of centre stuff as well, and long may it continue. The real question shouldn't be why are GB News allowed to broadcast such material, but rather why were so many other channels allowed to quash differing moderate views to the extent they were for so long.

Last edited:
Good to see that Reform are still right royally peeing off the establishment. Oh the howls of anguish, alarm and jealousy echoing up and down the land. Only 10% of the vote at best, what are they so concerned about.

'The others' have the Beeb, Channel 4 etc. if people want to watch their slant on things. There's a home for everyone, and space in the market for all. Could it simply be that the message from GB News strikes a chord with a sizeable minority who were being ignored by those channels previously, and that's why 'them' (sic) that want to, choose to take their current affairs from a channel that doesn't suppress their views and opinions.*

How dare a populist party get such exposure, don't they know their place; such temerity to balance out the leanings of the others that spoon fed the sheep unchallenged for so long.

It does make me laugh though, all the hysteria from the left and liberals - I thought they would be happy whilst GB News are serving to undermine the Tories at the ballot box whilst giving their parties a leg up electorally in so doing.

*If people can be bothered to watch the GB News output they will find out it does present centre/left of centre pov....it just also happens to give people a healthy dose of the right of centre stuff as well, and long may it continue. The real question shouldn't be why are GB News allowed to broadcast such material, but rather why were so many other channels allowed to quash differing moderate views to the extent they were for so long.
None of which has anything to do with the article. Not sure there's any "hysteria" here, that's just your emotive spin on things, merely pointing out the hypocrisy...

None of which has anything to do with the article. Not sure there's any "hysteria" here, that's just your emotive spin on things, merely pointing out the hypocrisy...
Not specific to that particular article, an observation on the daily campaign to denigrate GB News of which this is just one tiny sample.

Call it a trope of large sections of the media if you like; as is my (personal) response if that helps clarify.

Welcome to highlight my distrust of the BBC the same for balance, I'll comfortably wear that as I am happy to put it down for the reasons I give, whether people feel I am justified or not.

Last edited:
Not specific to that particular article, an observation on the daily campaign to denigrate GB News of which this is just one tiny sample.

Call it a trope of large sections of the media if you like; as is my (personal) response if that helps clarify.

Welcome to highlight my distrust of the BBC the same for balance, I'll comfortably wear that as I am happy to put it down for the reasons I give, whether people feel I am justified or not.
Oh the howls of anguish, jealousy and rage up and down the land from those supposedly "free from bias" media when questioned about their own balance...

Such fun... :fish:

Oh the howls of anguish, jealousy and rage up and down the land from those supposedly "free from bias" media when questioned about their own balance...

Such fun... :fish:
You are missing the point. GB News and Channel 4 are allowed to be biased within reason in my eyes, they are private companies regulated by Ofcom. I just don't want them to wilfully lie like CNN do regularly. That is why even though Channel 4 are very left in my opinion, you may hear me taking the p. out of their content occasionally (I think I actually praised one of their pieces last time) but you don't hear me moaning about their leanings.

The BBC on the other hand are another matter. They are state financed they are officially the establishment, so much so they are the only media outlet in the UK that are required to adhere to The Human Rights Act.

Because of the law I am legally compelled to pay for their services even though I only watch about 3 hours content p.a. and take in a bit of radio content. If I choose to ditch that pitiful amount of content......then I still have to pay them because I watch live sport (or even GB News) on channels that are nothing to do with them. If I don't I am liable to be convicted and fined.

As such, they are required to provide balanced and unbiased news, it is not optional. We can agree to disagree but imo they simply don't (hence now coming more under Ofcom), and therein lies my beef which legitimately causes my howls of rage.

It's not their content per se, it's the fact that they must be impartial and balanced which a) they are not and b) I am paying for their shite against my wishes.

If they stop being publicly funded and are no longer presented as the impartial, official voice of the UK I will be happy for them to post what content they like provided not the aforementioned wilful lies. Until then they will get all the criticism they deserve.

Last edited:
You are missing the point. GB News and Channel 4 are allowed to be biased within reason in my eyes, they are private companies regulated by Ofcom. I just don't want them to wilfully lie like CNN do regularly. That is why even though Channel 4 are very left in my opinion, you may hear me taking the p. out of their content occasionally (I think I actually praised one of their pieces last time) but you don't hear me moaning about their leanings.

The BBC on the other hand are another matter. They are state financed they are officially the establishment, so much so they are the only media outlet in the UK that are required to adhere to The Human Rights Act.

Because of the law I am legally compelled to pay for their services even though I only watch about 3 hours content p.a. and take in a bit of radio content. If I choose to ditch that pitiful amount of content......then I still have to pay them because I watch live sport (or even GB News) on channels that are nothing to do with them. If I don't I am liable to be convicted and fined.

As such, they are required to provide balanced and unbiased news, it is not optional. We can agree to disagree but imo they simply don't (hence now coming more under Ofcom), and therein lies my beef which legitimately causes my howls of rage.

It's not their content per se, it's the fact that they must be impartial and balanced which a) they are not and b) I am paying for their shite against my wishes.

If they stop being publicly funded and are no longer presented as the impartial, official voice of the UK I will be happy for them to post what content they like provided not the aforementioned wilful lies. Until then they will get all the criticism they deserve.
:ROFLMAO: :fish:

Crikey, no surprise she's a senior BBC employee. I just don't know whether she is in such an entitled privileged bubble that she thinks she is untouchable, or she has decided to be hung for a sheep as the door hits her arse on the way out.

Then again, it's the BBC so will probably be quietly promoted after she has been given a few months off at tax payer's expense to get over the hurty criticism.

Crikey, no surprise she's a senior BBC employee. I just don't know whether she is in such an entitled privileged bubble that she thinks she is untouchable, or she has decided to be hung for a sheep as the door hits her arse on the way out.

Then again, it's the BBC so will probably be quietly promoted after she has been given a few months off at tax payer's expense to get over the hurty criticism.
What like the hurty criticism that Iain Duncan Smith is taking to court. And, no it is nothing to do with defamation.

She sounds like what a gynaecologist would work on!.

She also needs some re-education, though the medium of the cricket bat!.
The only difference between this millenial emotional child and a regulation white person? The whitey would already have a criminal conviction for posting their vile, racist hate, the millenial will have people tying themselves in knots to contextualise her poison or even claim it is reasonable and justified.

Never forget, only white people can be hateful, racist bigots and must automatically always be so, because of the colour of their skin at birth.

Last edited:
Fair play, BBC finally getting around to chucking out some of it's trash.

Then again, it's not like they could ignore it any longer - stinking the house out like a dead rat under the floor boards.

If this is what their employees are publicly happy to say/get involved in, does make you wonder how emboldened they feel and they carry on in private.

Fair play, BBC finally getting around to chucking out some of it's trash.

Then again, it's not like they could ignore it any longer - stinking the house out like a dead rat under the floor boards.

If this is what their employees are publicly happy to say/get involved in, does make you wonder how emboldened they feel and they carry on in private.
Silly BBC, they seem to have forgotten to report these two slappers!.
As does the Guardian!,