Forgiveness or Punishment | Page 8 | Vital Football

Forgiveness or Punishment

JWJW - 29/10/2014 11:50

Anyone who attempts to use the influence of drugs for their actions deserves themselves to be shot.

Its an absolute disgrace that a court of law would deliberate on a case where someone, who knowingly used drugs, used their self inflicted incapacity as an excuse for their behaviour.

Anyone under the influence of any drug, like alcohol in this instance, should be totally responsible for their own actions.

I didn't think it was possible for my opinion of your sanity to sink any lower. You've just basically said any woman that has a drink not only deserves to be raped but if they grumble about it after they should be shot. I thank God a weirdo like you is extremely unlikely to have a wife or kids.

Calvin Plummer - 29/10/2014 13:04

Anyone who attempts to use the influence of drugs for their actions deserves themselves to be shot.

Its an absolute disgrace that a court of law would deliberate on a case where someone, who knowingly used drugs, used their self inflicted incapacity as an excuse for their behaviour.

Anyone under the influence of any drug, like alcohol in this instance, should be totally responsible for their own actions.

I didn't think it was possible for my opinion of your sanity to sink any lower. You've just basically said any woman that has a drink not only deserves to be raped but if they grumble about it after they should be shot. I thank God a weirdo like you is extremely unlikely to have a wife or kids.

Alcohol is a mind altering drug. If you drink it in excess you do stupid things.

It is your choice to get out of your head and you have to accept all consequences of your actions as you yourself got yourself drunk.

Now, I have not said what you said - that was quite a low gutter like twist of words you did.

What I said was, should you decide to drink too much, in full knowledge that alcohol is a mind altering drug, in full knowledge that when you are drunk you will have no idea what you are doing - then nobody should be able to use this self inflicted incapacity as a later excuse.

If people are stupid enough to get drunk - then its their own stupid fault for whatever happens to them.

I do not condone what people might do - and if there is absolute evidence that a crime was committed - then that person should be dealt with under the law - but if someone gets drunk - there is no sign of any physical violence - and then the drunkard sobers up and regrets what ever they think they did - they deserve all they get for being stupid enough to get drunk in the first place.

Bit special isn't it :21:

She got in a taxi to go to a hotel with one guy. This is normal behaviour for people on a night out on the pull and does imply some level of consent hence only one conviction. As a juror I'd probably come to the same conclusion without further evidence.
For someone to turn up mid way through and have a go is a whole different ballgame. The key to the case is whether she said yes to Evans or didn't. Morals etc of either party don't come into it.
Beyond reasonable doubt.

MarvinsPA - 29/10/2014 14:23

Bit special isn't it :21:

JWJW has somehow managed to go one better in the follow up.

JWJW - 29/10/2014 13:21

Alcohol is a mind altering drug. If you drink it in excess you do stupid things.

It is your choice to get out of your head and you have to accept all consequences of your actions as you yourself got yourself drunk.

Now, I have not said what you said - that was quite a low gutter like twist of words you did.

What I said was, should you decide to drink too much, in full knowledge that alcohol is a mind altering drug, in full knowledge that when you are drunk you will have no idea what you are doing - then nobody should be able to use this self inflicted incapacity as a later excuse.

If people are stupid enough to get drunk - then its their own stupid fault for whatever happens to them.

I do not condone what people might do - and if there is absolute evidence that a crime was committed - then that person should be dealt with under the law - but if someone gets drunk - there is no sign of any physical violence - and then the drunkard sobers up and regrets what ever they think they did - they deserve all they get for being stupid enough to get drunk in the first place.

I'm guessing you look a little like this

CP, you should realise by now I am not an emotional little tw@t like many who post on internet forums.

You can call me names and post jokes or whatever you want - that is like water off of a ducks back - real men do not worry about such idiocy by others. All it does is prove how small you are and emotionally immature that you have to resort to such.

People have differing views and opinions. That is their choice.

I do not like yours, you do not like mine - I do not care - however, we are both able to post opinions - and you should respect others opinions whether you agree with them or not.

You ability to not accept an opinion you do not agree with, and resort to the pathetic lines of insult, direct or not, really does show you are immature, that's my view

:15:

I think the best policy here would be to wait for Criminal Cases Review Commission findings are.

Evans has had his case prioritised by the body, which examines possible miscarriages of justice.

A CCRC spokesman told Sky News: "In line with our published policy on prioritisation, and in relation to the facts of the case and the issues raised in Mr Evans' application to us ... we now expect our substantive investigation to begin within the next few weeks."

http://news.sky.com/story/1355968/ched-evans-rape-inquiry-will-be-fast-tracked

in_the_top_one - 29/10/2014 11:55

I didn't think this thread could get any worse, but it has.

I've avoided the urge to comment simply to share the same view as you.

Should at least be in Off Topic but one for the freezer IMO.

BourneForest - 29/10/2014 13:27

She got in a taxi to go to a hotel with one guy. This is normal behaviour for people on a night out on the pull and does imply some level of consent hence only one conviction. As a juror I'd probably come to the same conclusion without further evidence.
For someone to turn up mid way through and have a go is a whole different ballgame. The key to the case is whether she said yes to Evans or didn't. Morals etc of either party don't come into it.
Beyond reasonable doubt.

Basically she said she can't remember anything at all from the moment she left the nightclub to waking up at 11.30am the next morning

Both guys said that when Evans entered the room she saw him and he asked if he could join in she said yes and was actually telling him what she wanted him to do to her

Her evidence is she can't remember anything and so she can't have given them permission to shag her etc

As I write this I realise it's lowering the tone of vital and I apologise

If I detail what the two lads said she was actually telling them to do it would lower the tone even more

Clearly the court decided she didn't give Evans permission and that him and the other lad were lying yet they did believe she gave the first guy permission

As far as I'm concerned the jury have had to guess both times

But for me anyone capable of texting a friend to ask where they are, order a pizza and pay with the right change, approach a guy to ask to share a taxi with him to his hotel, walk into the hotel unaided carrying the pizza

Imo they should be capable of remembering some of that rather than claiming no recollection of anything that happened

She hasn't said she said no what happened she's said she can't remember anything at all

Based on the evidence I cannot see how any verdict could be beyond reasonable doubt

payola1980 - 28/10/2014 08:07

She accused both of them of rape..they both shag her, one gets off and one ends up having his life ruined. Like i said already, they should have been both convicted or both acquitted.

The girl is clearly a lying little slapper who is on the make. Her tweets make that obvious.

I hope ched evans sues her for compensation and donates it to a rape charity for genuine victims when his conviction is overturned. A blatant miscarriage of justice. !! Years spent in prison, football career ruined, branded a rapist,..who is the real victim here?? Yet some think he should apologise and move on with his life? fook off!![/QUOTE

:110: