Forest vs Newcastle match thread sponsored by geordies in the rain with no shirts on. | Page 15 | Vital Football

Forest vs Newcastle match thread sponsored by geordies in the rain with no shirts on.

this victim line is tiring. There is always an element of bias, conscious or subconcious but I'll say again, imo the reason we are losing is because we are not streetwise and give away daft goals.
Yep…when was the last time we had a player rolling around like he’d been shot and totally buying a foul etc?

I thought it was a great game and we competed well throughout. We had some great attacking moves and would definitely have taken at least a point if we'd just been a bit more clinical. Great chances for Elanga, MGW and Taiwo, all squandered.

Newcastle were clinical, with two great strikes from Guimaraes, and that was the difference. The sloppy pass from Elanga also. These are the details that are costing us..

Forest have some excellent players and we have the makings of a mid table EPL side. I was encouraged by our performance tonight. Notwithstanding a points deduction, which I think would sink us, we have enough talent to easily survive in this league.

Unfortunately, I fear that the management's naivety and incompetence over P&S is going to relegate us. After 23 years away, it's a great shame.
Awoniyi finished brilliantly the one that was offside though .
Typical.

Birthday treat was my second Legends Lounge game of the season. Forest hardly touched the ball for 20 minutes and went behind to a training ground set piece, but we failed to convert two good chances.

Great ball by MGW for Elanga to equalise, then guess what? We failed to defend a free kick from the half way line, 1-2.

CHO got us level again - I was surprised he went for the near top corner, but TV shows it was deflected. I'd like TV to have shown the foul on Elanga inside the box in the first half, hard to tell from the Trent End if it was a penalty.

Forest were all over Newcastle at the start of the second half - Yates played Awoniyi in to score but he was offside. Then Sels sent Awoniyi through, Dubravka brought him down, but VAR declined to intervene when Anthony Taylor didn't give the penalty. (There was also the Trippier handball - harsh, but seen them given).

Taylor decided not to give free kicks for a while, letting both sides kick lumps out of each other. Elanga played a hospital pass towards MGW, Guimares nipped in, 2-3. Forest huffed and puffed but didn't really look like equalising for a third time - another 3-2 defeat.

Good to see CHO starting to believe in himself. Tavares would be great if he passed at the end of one of his surging runs. We have to defend better.

Shearer is one of the most one-eyed geordies that will ever walk the earth and there was no doubt in his mind it was a penalty on Awoniyi and that forest were robbed. Chappers noting Dominguez was taken out like in the NFL.

Pissed off with VAR again today.

Was very frustrated and angry last night but i've had a sleep on it and I'm still very frustrated and angry about it . Fucking scandalous decisions. Elanga pen ,soft but seen less given especially to Luton & Liverpool , Awoniyi pen , well it can't be much clearer especially in slow motion , VAR on a tea break again , their 3rd goal as blatant a block as you will see and yet not worthy of being looked at by VAR , that would have been scrutinised to fuck if that was our goal and then goal ruled out . It's fucking embarrassing .

Think we are going down. If we don’t pick up the points soon. With the deductions. Maybe we can barely make it I hope so.

Just got back

Cracking first goal for them, but both full backs were dreadful in defence. Attack wise, Tavares is much better than Williams, who I think is wank.

I reckon we'll hammer the hammers

Just got back

Cracking first goal for them, but both full backs were dreadful in defence. Attack wise, Tavares is much better than Williams, who I think is wank.

Erm Tavares was wank in attack. Agree about defence tho. We need full backs rather than wing backs.

Just got back ..

Well I missed the game as I was driving round the M25 to sing at some blokes big 70th birthday.
Crazy night .. propositioned by the bar manager who looked like a bag of spanners, and touched up on stage by sexy/ chavvy girl who asked me to go home with her, and as her boyfriend was in prison it was fine to do so…

I don’t know if it was a discovery of morals or a drop off in testosterone but I politely declined and went home. 😂

Got in , tea, toast , iplayer, MOTD..

I don’t know about anyone else but I got the warmest of glows watching Brennan blast that ball in for spurs. I was absolutely buzzing for him, plus I love Ange and the way they play.

As for us … fuck sake.
That’s at least three matches under nuno , not to mention previous management where mistakes +bent officials have robbed us.
Bournemouth at home with Boly
Brentford with bet 36toney
And yesterday which was Disgraceful.

Awonyis penalty was bad
But for me it was trippiers handball and the fucking look on his face of pure guilt once he had done it. We are getting absolutely fucked by these treacherous bastards on a regular basis. Nobody can deny how well nuno has got us playing surely -

Apart from stupid mistakes like elanga giving the ball away for the third goal , the marking from set pieces - turner and montiel against arsenal etc , we’re playing some great stuff.

Just really sad that we are getting robbed by a system that’s supposedly there to ensure fair play.
I feel like it’s going to click for us soon though and we’re going to go on a run of victory’s that will see us safe this season and really kick on next.

How many games have Forest got anything out of when Taylor has been in charge?

Maybe Mourinho had a point.
Taylor has refereed us a dozen times. We have won only two of those and lost half of them.

The first win was way back in League one against Huddersfield in 2008. He sent Kelvin Wilson off in probably the worst refereeing decision we ever faced at that level, but we came from behind and won in injury time 2-1.

The second win was against Arsenal last season.

More recently he reffed our home defeat to Brighton, the away defeat to Man City, last season's 2-0 loss at Villa, the 1-1 at home to Villa and our 3-0 loss at Man Utd

Just got back

Thought Williams was really good. I think we were the better team overall and I've got a feeling that we're going to keep on improving as the season goes on.

Just see the Awoniyi penalty in slow motion.

It's two penalties in fact, ref could have given either and decided to give neither.

After their blatant dive at St James's, and the media excusing it as "you just can't do that [make any slight contact] at this level", this makes me quite sick.

We have had one penalty all season. But half a dozen denied that would have been given against us.

Becomes harder and harder to argue there isn't an agenda

I didn’t personally think it was that much of a penalty BUT look at that piece of shit given against last year against Brentford where VAR OVERTURNED the refs on field decision for that slight touch by Henderson on Wissa - where’s the consistency and when will ANYTHING go our way.

Everybody said we had a lot of luck last season and it’s hard to disagree, but my word that’s evened out this year - we’ve had absolutely nothing both in officiating and general rub of the green.

Sadly, I’ve thought we’re going down for a while - it’s just not happening and it has that feeling of a team where nothing goes for us.

I didn’t personally think it was that much of a penalty BUT look at that piece of shit given against last year against Brentford where VAR OVERTURNED the refs on field decision for that slight touch by Henderson on Wissa - where’s the consistency and when will ANYTHING go our way.

Everybody said we had a lot of luck last season and it’s hard to disagree, but my word that’s evened out this year - we’ve had absolutely nothing both in officiating and general rub of the green.

Sadly, I’ve thought we’re going down for a while - it’s just not happening and it has that feeling of a team where nothing goes for us.
It's a combination of the two. Without the defender, Taiwo gets a shot away before the keeper makes contact. Without the keeper, he rides the defenders challenge and gets the shot away.

Between the two of them, they both make contact with TA and not the ball, and prevent a shot whilst taking him to the ground.

Penalty.

Woke up as pissed off as I went to sleep. The PL is shit. It's comically corrupt and I only ever feel anxious with the odd moment of relief. I barely lose my shit with joy anymore.

Still thought they were offside for the 2nd as the ball was played in. Perhaps it was checked and I missed it?

Alan Shearer , whose spunk is black and white striped in colour even admitted it was a penalty and they got away with one. That sums it up.

Woke up as pissed off as I went to sleep. The PL is shit. It's comically corrupt and I only ever feel anxious with the odd moment of relief. I barely lose my shit with joy anymore.

Still thought they were offside for the 2nd as the ball was played in. Perhaps it was checked and I missed it?

The championship was much more fun and honest. This feels like one big corrupt business where the CEOs ( Man City , Liverpool , etc ) get all the bonuses, money, and good decisions where as the likes of us are seen as dispensable janitors/ cleaners.

I mean , I don’t even look at / nor care about the Championship now ! I have no idea what is going on and couldn’t give a Shit. It’s like nothing outside the premier league exists nor matters. It’s mental.

Saying all that .. it’s like a fucking drug, feed me , give me as many hits till I can’t take anymore!

It’s a dirty nasty stinky business but I want to fester in it for as long as possible 🥹😎😎

Maybe go have a look at the Luton game. Was a penalty all day long.