Forest vs Newcastle match thread sponsored by geordies in the rain with no shirts on. | Page 14 | Vital Football

Forest vs Newcastle match thread sponsored by geordies in the rain with no shirts on.

On the post game analysis they described this as clever. Exactly what I was moaning about in another post, what is clever for the others is a foul for us.

What also pisses me off is time and time again for opponents or in other games VAR will literally spend 5 minutes scouring and reviewing further and further back to try and award or discount something. When have they ever done that in our favour. It's complete hypocrisy.

I think we will stay up still. In fact I think we will get a result against a very defensive set Moyes west ham next up. But if we do stay up it's just more of the same with officiating. You would like to think that new clubs coming up would bump us up the food chain but it is gonna be some of the old boys club who will jump above us in the pecking order.

Tonight I actually don't care if we go down for a break from this shit tbh the way I feel with officiating and decisions ATM
I agree mate , i've had enough of it to be honest . Don't mind when we get comprehensively beaten by a better side but when we're losing games by fine margins often because of poor officiating and VAR being the deciding factor in an otherwise tight contest then i just want to get away from it.

On the post game analysis they described this as clever. Exactly what I was moaning about in another post, what is clever for the others is a foul for us.

What also pisses me off is time and time again for opponents or in other games VAR will literally spend 5 minutes scouring and reviewing further and further back to try and award or discount something. When have they ever done that in our favour. It's complete hypocrisy.

I think we will stay up still. In fact I think we will get a result against a very defensive set Moyes west ham next up. But if we do stay up it's just more of the same with officiating. You would like to think that new clubs coming up would bump us up the food chain but it is gonna be some of the old boys club who will jump above us in the pecking order.

Tonight I actually don't care if we go down for a break from this shit tbh the way I feel with officiating and decisions ATM
I am coming more and more to believe that the Premier League now is bent and getting to be as real as wrestling

If we get a points deduction - we need to somehow pick up 25/30 points - I’m not sure that’s possible .

Gutted. We’re so close to being a solid prem team

No, I don't and I didn't say that.

We were very unlucky not to get a point.

If you read, you will see me saying that every player played well and me puzzling out how and why we ended up losing
Surprised you never mentioned the officiating Pope . Absolutely fucking awful.

Surprised you never mentioned the officiating Pope . Absolutely fucking awful.
It always is against us though. In fairness, I thought Taylor got better as time went on. We started getting a lot more rough and aggressive and he let (almost) as much of what we were doing go

Awoniyi's penalty was right in front of me and I knew it wasn't going to be given. He had overrun it really. Hard to tell at speed whether their keeper got the ball or him first, but I knew it was never going to be given in a million years.

Luton would have been awarded it. Newcastle would have been awarded it. Given some of the soft ones they've had, probably even Sheffield United would have been given it. But I knew we wouldn't

How many points 'should' he have since he started?
with the players he inherited and also lost due to afcon and injury I think he's done ok ish. we were shipping shit goals before he came and we still are but we are at least much better going forward.

Point I was trying to make is that time is running out and we are deep in it. I actually think Nuno will get us over the line, assuming we don't get points deduction.

It always is against us though. In fairness, I thought Taylor got better as time went on. We started getting a lot more rough and aggressive and he let (almost) as much of what we were doing go

Awoniyi's penalty was right in front of me and I knew it wasn't going to be given. He had overrun it really. Hard to tell at speed whether their keeper got the ball or him first, but I knew it was never going to be given in a million years.

Luton would have been awarded it. Newcastle would have been awarded it. Given some of the soft ones they've had, probably even Sheffield United would have been given it. But I knew we wouldn't
The penalty not given for Awoniyi was no less a penalty than the one given to Newcastle at St. James Park on boxing day.

It gets very difficult to take when all of these decisions they say "if the ref gives it, VAR doesn't overturn it". But refs never give it for us, and always give it against us. So we're getting screwed week in, week out now.

We have the makings of a solid mid-table PL outfit but I think we will fall just short before it materialises.

6 x 3-2 defeats, can we really complain if we drop?

The horrible, borderline corrupt officiating can't be ignored but we never help ourselves do we.
Agree with that. We seem to have made no progress since the start of the season with individual mistakes like suicide passes and giving goals away. Set pieces as well which are just a calamity getting worse and worse. Seems like every game now we concede to a set piece.

We are doing a slightly less shit version of Leicester last season. Scoring plenty of goals, but leaking even more the other end. I do feel robbed though, Newcastle didn't look worlds apart and the fair result was probably a draw.

I thought it was a great game and we competed well throughout. We had some great attacking moves and would definitely have taken at least a point if we'd just been a bit more clinical. Great chances for Elanga, MGW and Taiwo, all squandered.

Newcastle were clinical, with two great strikes from Guimaraes, and that was the difference. The sloppy pass from Elanga also. These are the details that are costing us..

Forest have some excellent players and we have the makings of a mid table EPL side. I was encouraged by our performance tonight. Notwithstanding a points deduction, which I think would sink us, we have enough talent to easily survive in this league.

Unfortunately, I fear that the management's naivety and incompetence over P&S is going to relegate us. After 23 years away, it's a great shame.

JUst watched the umpteenth replay of their 3rd, and Burn running out of the area completely took out Dominguez to stop him getting a block in. Didn't notice at the time but it was bordering on an assault. Still shouldn't be surprised that neither the ref or VAR either didn't see it or just ignored it

I could see it from London!

If we talk about decisions on a micro scale then Yates could have had 4 yellows today, which I’m sure we’d be arguing for if we were on the other side of the debate. There’s now been 8 matches this season where we’ve scored twice and not won (including the 1st Blackpool FA Cup game - so 7 league matches), that’s where the problems lie. Refs and VAR are shit every week, we just have to get used to it and control what we can.
Yes…Yates really not good enough for this league imo….great guy, great pro, always gives 110% but far to slow and cumbersome. Always atleast a step off where he should be and constantly gives away brain dead fouls in stupid positions….

People saying it's clever to block players off. It isn't clever, it's called American football. I know sky is desperate for us all to watch that instead.