Forest Vs Bournemouth Match Fred (PMSL) Sponsored by the Met Office | Page 24 | Vital Football

Forest Vs Bournemouth Match Fred (PMSL) Sponsored by the Met Office

I never take it well when we throw points away during the final minutes of a game. 2 - 0 up at half time at home means we should be home and dry. The second half should be about control and not conceding any goals and maybe push for a more comfortable win. Today was the forest of old, throwing away poìnts at the death after being in front. This doesn't bode well for the future at all, if we have any aspirations of staying in the premiership we should be winning games against the likes of Bournemouth etc.
To have spent the amount we have on new players and getting results like this leaves us wide open to ridicule and get ready because here it comes! Embarrassing! Disappointing!
I always feared that we'd signed far to many players in a short space of time and its looking like my fears are justified. Today we lost at home to a team that will get relegated after beig 2 - 0 up. Let that sink in!

I never take it well when we throw points away during the final minutes of a game. 2 - 0 up at half time at home means we should be home and dry. The second half should be about control and not conceding any goals and maybe push for a more comfortable win. Today was the forest of old, throwing away poìnts at the death after being in front. This doesn't bode well for the future at all, if we have any aspirations of staying in the premiership we should be winning games against the likes of Bournemouth etc.
To have spent the amount we have on new players and getting results like this leaves us wide open to ridicule and get ready because here it comes! Embarrassing! Disappointing!
I always feared that we'd signed far to many players in a short space of time and its looking like my fears are justified. Today we lost at home to a team that will get relegated after beig 2 - 0 up. Let that sink in!

Well said

its the 3rd of september
this is not the Championship. Not many Barnsleys to play in the Premiership. This was a game played at home against a direct rival, and they beat us !! to make up for this we have to beat the at home and maybe get something against the top teams...what is more doable?
October is going to be crucial, more for Cooper than for Forest. Allot of experienced managers out there, unemployed, that will be eager to get their hands on our squad...

Well what can I say about that performance, firstly Williams does not give us anything at all and Worrall, Cook and Mc Kenna are just not good enough I am afraid.
I think today Cooper got it very wrong and must quickly get to work out what his best side his or else I am afraid we will be in the shit by Xmas

Just got home and I am so fucking angry.

First of all, at the players. Any pretence that those old championship players are good enough went out the window today. They simply aren't

Brennan Johnson was abysmal. His decision making was beyond poor, he offered nothing; no outlet, no threat, nothing. On the rare occasions he wandered to the wing, he contributed nothing. Why the fuck did he stay on the pitch so long? Why was he on the pitch at all, when it was obvious even to me that it was a game for Awoniyi, that pace wasn't going to be an issue?

Worrall terrified me every time the ball went near him in the first half. Every single time. I am spared the terror in the second half by him being in the Bridgford

What the fuck was McKenna doing? Horrendous in a game of that magnitude, but so was the stupid yellow card he got himself too.

Yates was just Ryan Yates- and this game showed some of the limitations of that profile.

But most of all, this is on Steve Cooper, who managed very poorly today. He has bought £150m of talent and left most of it out today, preferring 5 championship players and some freebies. The midfield of Yates and Kouyate was negative and I said this when the team came out.

Forest were poor from the first minute and it was massively lucky for us to be 2-0 up at half time- we really didn't deserve that. If anything, Bournemouth were just as poor.

But second half they got better, we got worse and Cooper did FUCK ALL about it. After the first goal went in it was very, very obvious to everyone in that stadium that the game was going very, very wrong. He stood on the sideline with his jumper round his waist just waiting for them to equalise. O'Brien and Freuhler, who should have started, ran up the sidelines for minutes on end.

And finally, when the sub came, it was Jack Colback; the answer to a question no one asked. We were desperate for a bit of energy and creativity in midfield and his answer was Jack Colback. No offence to Jack, who came on and played well- as a defensive midfielder.

That team created absolutely fuck all for the entire game but Dennis didn't come on until 85th minute. I am convinced that Cooper, rather than timing subs to when they were needed, had in mind certain minutes he intended to bring them on regardless and waited for that

This was our worst home performance for a long time. We were crap from the start and the result is a catastrophe. It puts us in the bottom three and it ignites the season of a rival who we need to remain crap.

We looked like a relegation team today. If he insists on loyalty over ability we will become one

JUst started watching the Villa V Man City match so know it's early doors, and I'm struck by how much tighter the Vila players are getting to their opposite numbers than we did just standing off and letting them play. I think Cooper and his staff have a lot to learn about the prem and what is required

It’s the manner of defeat that’s most damaging. All Bournemouth had to do was make one simple change at half time and we had no answer to it.
We simply are too easy to play against. its starting to feel like we will be this seasons whipping boys.
Is our defence not good enough , or can’t they cope with Coopers style of play?

hes right but forgetting that weve bought most of these players to get the best out of them the next 3 or 4 years with continual progression and they have just arrived, we cant have it both ways
if we get relegated, the majority of those players will not be here and we will be letting them go at a loss... we are not in a position to wait for players to develop in 3 years time. Best player on the pitch today was the old guy in the middle.
Lindgard-passenger, Morgan- not far off, Williams- second half barely touched the ball and in the first always turning back when receiving the ball and Lodi started really well, but looked bored as the game went on ...

It’s the manner of defeat that’s most damaging. All Bournemouth had to do was make one simple change at half time and we had no answer to it.
We simply are too easy to play against. its starting to feel like we will be this seasons whipping boys.
Is our defence not good enough , or can’t they cope with Coopers style of play?
They aren't good enough

First of all, at the players. Any pretence that those old championship players are good enough went out the window today. They simply aren't

Brennan Johnson was abysmal. His decision making was beyond poor, he offered nothing; no outlet, no threat, nothing. On the rare occasions he wandered to the wing, he contributed nothing. Why the fuck did he stay on the pitch so long? Why was he on the pitch at all, when it was obvious even to me that it was a game for Awoniyi, that pace wasn't going to be an issue?

Worrall terrified me every time the ball went near him in the first half. Every single time. I am spared the terror in the second half by him being in the Bridgford

What the fuck was McKenna doing? Horrendous in a game of that magnitude, but so was the stupid yellow card he got himself too.

Yates was just Ryan Yates- and this game showed some of the limitations of that profile.

But most of all, this is on Steve Cooper, who managed very poorly today. He has bought £150m of talent and left most of it out today, preferring 5 championship players and some freebies. The midfield of Yates and Kouyate was negative and I said this when the team came out.

Forest were poor from the first minute and it was massively lucky for us to be 2-0 up at half time- we really didn't deserve that. If anything, Bournemouth were just as poor.

But second half they got better, we got worse and Cooper did FUCK ALL about it. After the first goal went in it was very, very obvious to everyone in that stadium that the game was going very, very wrong. He stood on the sideline with his jumper round his waist just waiting for them to equalise. O'Brien and Freuhler, who should have started, ran up the sidelines for minutes on end.

And finally, when the sub came, it was Jack Colback; the answer to a question no one asked. We were desperate for a bit of energy and creativity in midfield and his answer was Jack Colback. No offence to Jack, who came on and played well- as a defensive midfielder.

That team created absolutely fuck all for the entire game but Dennis didn't come on until 85th minute. I am convinced that Cooper, rather than timing subs to when they were needed, had in mind certain minutes he intended to bring them on regardless and waited for that

This was our worst home performance for a long time. We were crap from the start and the result is a catastrophe. It puts us in the bottom three and it ignites the season of a rival who we need to remain crap.

We looked like a relegation team today. If he insists on loyalty over ability we will become one

Exactly my feelings Pope

Agreed Pope I think my post on the previous page says pretty much the same though maybe not quite as eloquently as you've put it, and you of course were there to confirm it with your own eyes while I only had RN commentary to rely on

I am confused re our plans upfront.If we would have got that chap in from Chelsea would he have been on the bench too? We need to play with an out and out striker and either drop Lingard or Johnson.This affects the whole way we play and it's typical that Niakhate and Mangala got injured whilst giving us a better backbone.

We couldn't press today for whatever reason. Maybe its Kouyate playing so deep. MGW and Lingard stopped trying to after a while because it was so ineffective when they did. There was no-one following up. That's why we should have had O'Brien on at half time.

I think we looked 10 times better with Spence in the team.
Neco just isn't that kind of player. He never tries to beat his man and get to the byline, ever.
Spence was a surprise last season, later in the season Championship teams started to suss him out. In the Premiership he will be leaving the flank open to the opposition as he will be more interested of going forward. The Premiership defenders will suss him even earlier and he will end up becoming a liability. Guys pls stop comparing the Championship with the Premiership. Just see how many goals we have conceded from game 10 onwards and how much have we conceded this season...

I bet klopp couldn’t believe he got 17 m for neco Williams. Just say that fee out loud ….

Several thoughts not just after todays game but the first 5 games.

1. three at the back and three upfront is asking too much of the two central midfielders. They get overrun and picked off.

2. our central defenders are not good enough to play two at the back. We have to play three. Quick moving strikers cause the three that served us so well last season have real problems as a unit in speed of thought and action. Personnel has to change to get someone with pace in there.

3. We have the option of 5 subs. We only seem to use three. This is often used by swapping like for like. Too many players are struggling physically after an hour.

I would suggest in the absence of Niakhate that Bade or Biancone comes in right side of defence and JW move central. Swap to a 3:5:2 system or even 3:5:1:1. They have to control midfield. Nice to play attacking football but 11 goals in three games requires a boring nil nil.

They need more time together on training pitch.