Forest Vs Bournemouth Match Fred (PMSL) Sponsored by the Met Office | Page 23 | Vital Football

Forest Vs Bournemouth Match Fred (PMSL) Sponsored by the Met Office

We accepted it would be tough, we knew it takes time to gel players.

I know it’s a shitty result but as fans we’re great at anticipating hardship with a level head and then losing it once the hardship becomes reality.

9 days to improve before Leeds, and then an international break?

I’m as big a fan as anyone but time for Coops to get the cones and bibs out and earn his crust.

Up the reds.

32 games to go. 2 against Chelsea, arsenal and Liverpool and Man U, one against Man City and spurs . That’s 10 games with probably nothing or 1 or 2. So that 22 games to get 36 points . Today was critical. Everton away critical. As things stand that’s a massive mountain

Thought it all season - Neco Williams is horrifically poor. He offers nothing.
lol hes been one of our better players, not saying much i know but he has. looked a bittired tonight, them 3 games in 7 days brutal, maybe mckenna, bj also who have played every game i think

32 games to go. 2 against Chelsea, arsenal and Liverpool and Man U, one against Man City and spurs . That’s 10 games with probably nothing or 1 or 2. So that 22 games to get 36 points . Today was critical. Everton away critical. As things stand that’s a massive mountain
10 wins from 32 still sounds very doable once we get going. think newcastle won thier first game last season in december?

Don’t get me wrong coops performed a minor miracle last year but both coops and Murphy have no premiership experience to speak of.

I think we looked 10 times better with Spence in the team.
Neco just isn't that kind of player. He never tries to beat his man and get to the byline, ever.

Disappointed is one word for how I feel at the moment. I've only listened on the radio, and it didn't sound as if we were that good 1st half but managed to get 2 goals up so really should have seen the game out.

Unfortunately instead of a steady improvement we are seeing a steady decline in performances. It seems quite clear that this current system we are playing doesn't work as well as we played last week we didn't really create anything clear cut. Sadly even though we have bought all these players we haven't got what we need to correct the problem in the form of a proper centre forward, and a dominant physical midfielder to name but 2.
I am really afraid that we have overdone it in the transfer market, and it will take too long to actually decide what the best team is. Some serious work to do for Cooper and his staff, they have put all their faith in some young players in the main without prem experience. and in the 2nd half today that inexperience showed.

This where the coaching team really need to earn their money, they need to analyse what went wrong to day and set about correcting the problems, we haven't had the best luck with injuries so far with 2 of what appeared to be our better players getting injured Mangala & Niakate, and the sooner we get them back the better, but there looks as if there are going to possibly be some difficult decisions to me made around some players to who Cooper has been very loyal.

I am just hoping that today might be a blessing in disguise in the longer term as I hope it provokes a serious look as to how the team is set up as it seems to me that at the moment we are trying to shoe horn certain players into the team when in fact even though they are good players perhaps they don't complement each other enough.

Any team needs balance and sometimes to achieve that some good players have to be left out in favour of others that perhaps aren't as good technically but bring other attributes that balance to the team

We are going down if we continue like this. This simply cannot be acceptable. Our undoing wasnn't lack of goals for once (we had those!) it was lack of concentration and bad defending.

I think we looked 10 times better with Spence in the team.
Neco just isn't that kind of player. He never tries to beat his man and get to the byline, ever.
That’s one of the reasons why we need to go to 4-3-3 imo. Let the full backs defend and the wide attackers take their full backs on.

In fairness 2 nil up at halftime was undeserved as we were pants and never threatened their goal ..In fact we never threatened their goal in 90 mins .
we never had a proper shot on goal ... header came form a set piece and the penalty...
Morgan had a good first game (debut), but now he is barely being noticed, we paid 30 million for this fella. Lindgard is becoming the Bednar of the Championship (a star signing but providing nothing), Johnson is a mystery for me, he doesn't deserve to start every game and should be subbed much earlier. Today we had three passengers with these three, with Dennis and Taiwo on the bench (can you imagine how these two were feeling looking at this shit)

Last edited:
We accepted it would be tough, we knew it takes time to gel players.

I know it’s a shitty result but as fans we’re great at anticipating hardship with a level head and then losing it once the hardship becomes reality.

9 days to improve before Leeds, and then an international break?

I’m as big a fan as anyone but time for Coops to get the cones and bibs out and earn his crust.

Up the reds.
hes already said that too, that thats where his talent lies and hes had no real time with them at all yet as a complete squad for various reasons.

i thought the season starts after the window and it wlll take x amount of games to click, so our position doesn't surprise me or many neutrals. I expect continued improvement and progression and hopefully be a proper side in a few months..

nothing changes with the plan, we cant believe in it one month and not another. onwards and upwards.

Johno looked good as a winger last year ( in the championship) he doesn’t work hard enough as a striker. I don’t mind rotating the two behind the striker but we need someone to cause problems for the centre backs.

We are going down if we continue like this. This simply cannot be acceptable. Our undoing wasnn't lack of goals for once (we had those!) it was lack of concentration and bad defending.
as if we are going to continue like this ffs grow up