Forest v West Brom: Match Fred sponsored by George's, meeting your battered and breaded needs | Page 13 | Vital Football

Forest v West Brom: Match Fred sponsored by George's, meeting your battered and breaded needs

Pope
Losing their strikers is irrelevant in the comparison between the two sides in relation to last nights game because they got 2 goals.
Then they controlled it because they are better at the back and in midfield
Both teams may lack goals but on that showing, WBA will win a lot of games 1-0 and we wont

That will be the difference between the two teams.
Consistency

Why does everyone have to have some kind of expectation and hope for something and come to terms with the fact that we are a useless, dogshit joke of a club? We have been for 20 years now and seemingly always will be so just watch the games as what they are as something to pass the time whilst you are waiting to die.

We had finished third the season before and retained almost all of the players that had got us there. Burnley had just been relegated as well. Not a great comparison

Better comparison would be the first home game against West Brom where we battered them 0-1. But we looked good in that game...

It’s completely comparable - both Burnley and west brom were/are strong favorites for promotion.

Yes the squad stayed the same but at the time people were saying it wasn’t enough and we needed to add to it - Whittingham pratley saga?

Point is, it’s 1 game and whilst we’re on the 2009/10 season, it’s worth noting that we started that year terribly. Played better than perhaps our results suggested but either way, you can not dismiss the team after one game, it’s bonkers.

My question(s) would be have we addressed any of the obvious shortcomings of a team that finished 9th?

Do we have that quality 2nd striker we desperately missed last season? No

Have we improved in the fullback positions? No

Have we injected pace into what was a very pedestrian side? No

Have we strengthened the midfield? No

Do we have a manager who can identify our best 11? Questionable

9th is the absolute peak for the current side but the 11 that started yesterday could only dream of 9th. Lolley and Grabban will want out soon enough and then things could get really, really ugly.

Pope
Losing their strikers is irrelevant in the comparison between the two sides in relation to last nights game because they got 2 goals.
Then they controlled it because they are better at the back and in midfield
Both teams may lack goals but on that showing, WBA will win a lot of games 1-0 and we wont

That will be the difference between the two teams.
Consistency
It's not irrelevant at all. Assuming they can achieve top six again with 60% of their goals moved on is like assuming Mo Farrah can win a gold with his leg in a cast. Both teams yesterday were (I believe) over 50% different from last year.

Ben Mayhew on twitter does some superb analytics on football, and this one shows squad churn from last year to this Screenshot_20190804-134757_Twitter.jpg
As you can see, West Brom are one of the teams with the biggest turnover of players- only 54% of last year's squad have been retained. Of the 46%, their three best players and goalscorers are included.

Them scoring two goals was because our goalkeeper was exceptionally poor. Both were saves that should have been routine and pretty forgettable. Their Xg was only 0.69, compared to our 0.67, which shows that a) both sides created nothing as I said, and b) those goals were not so much a result of good attacking as astounding luck.

They did indeed control the game. Our team were utterly deflated and shellshocked after watching the worst GK performance I have ever seen in a forest shirt. Our total inability to do anything in the final third helped, as did their ability to knock off a few minutes by constantly attacking Cash and causing chaos

League_one.png

This time last season we were more than a match for them and we were unlucky not to win that game. Twelve months later and we were lucky to keep the score down. As I said before it’s very early days yet but this isn’t going to end well. I’m concerned that the manager sounds very naive during pre and post match interviews.

This time last season we were more than a match for them and we were unlucky not to win that game. Twelve months later and we were lucky to keep the score down. As I said before it’s very early days yet but this isn’t going to end well. I’m concerned that the manager sounds very naive during pre and post match interviews.

I think it’s more the standard “ every pay check is a victory speech “

Hes not the 1st and he won’t be the last they all spout the same shite to try get as many paydays before the inevitable sacking ......

He was a class player and ain’t stupid he knows we are shite and no he must also know there zero cash coming from fatso so it’s iust damage limitation from here ......

Agree. We totally outplayed West Brom 12 months ago.

I don't even listen to the likes of Montanier, Lamouchi's interviews. Fucking loser nobodies. (n)

So everyone knows nothing and needs to give their head a wobble

But you know for a fact that after 10 games is the time to form a opinion

???? surely even you can see the contradiction ???? joker

Nonsense, if you think 1 game is enough or better than 10 to form an opinion you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

It's not irrelevant at all. Assuming they can achieve top six again with 60% of their goals moved on is like assuming Mo Farrah can win a gold with his leg in a cast. Both teams yesterday were (I believe) over 50% different from last year.

Ben Mayhew on twitter does some superb analytics on football, and this one shows squad churn from last year to this View attachment 34338
As you can see, West Brom are one of the teams with the biggest turnover of players- only 54% of last year's squad have been retained. Of the 46%, their three best players and goalscorers are included.

Them scoring two goals was because our goalkeeper was exceptionally poor. Both were saves that should have been routine and pretty forgettable. Their Xg was only 0.69, compared to our 0.67, which shows that a) both sides created nothing as I said, and b) those goals were not so much a result of good attacking as astounding luck.

They did indeed control the game. Our team were utterly deflated and shellshocked after watching the worst GK performance I have ever seen in a forest shirt. Our total inability to do anything in the final third helped, as did their ability to knock off a few minutes by constantly attacking Cash and causing chaos

What a crock of irrelevent drivvle

This is a brand new WBA side and thier performance was chalk n cheese compared to ours. Going 1 down after 10 mins away from home. Tottally controlled the game, were composed, picked out thier players and looked like the manager has a way of playing that will see them progress every week. A good manager, id back them for top 6 definately.
With us, it looked like we had never played together before and half the team were miles off the required all round game. Some suggesting it would have been decent without the goalie errors are having a laugh tho right?
Not happy to see more and more folk agree with me on Grabban n Watson but happy that I aint going mental

It’s completely comparable - both Burnley and west brom were/are strong favorites for promotion.

Yes the squad stayed the same but at the time people were saying it wasn’t enough and we needed to add to it - Whittingham pratley saga?

Point is, it’s 1 game and whilst we’re on the 2009/10 season, it’s worth noting that we started that year terribly. Played better than perhaps our results suggested but either way, you can not dismiss the team after one game, it’s bonkers.
So on that theory, we don't take players into account and Norwich can still win the Premier league

Watching Leeds Vs Bristol. Neither have a reliable goalscorer up front. In fact, I would back Grabban to score more than either Diedhou or Bamford.

Neither look radically better than we did. Both are struggling to do much in the final third that doesn't come from an opposition mistake

If we can have reliability from a goalkeeper and something better at fulback, I don't think we are far away from decent

The facts are, this league is full of teams who will be good one game and bad the next. Watching Bristol City v Leeds just shows no team is great (yet). It will take time for every team to gel again, whether new or established. I agree we need a right back and we need to spend big on a good striker. This will lift the team too. The one thing that pisses me off the most is when we don’t close the opposition down and just let them play. West Brom couldn’t handle us in the first 10 minutes yesterday because we made space and looked up for it. As soon as we sit off the opposition it’s easy for them. I can’t understand why every manager we have doesn’t nag and nag for the opposition to be closed down for 90 minutes. Saying players can’t sustain that pace all game is bollocks. I’m 44 and I’ll run around for 90 minutes for the wages these players are on. We have as much chance as anyone providing we believe and look up for it for the whole game, not just 10 minutes per half.

This is a brand new WBA side and thier performance was chalk n cheese compared to ours. Going 1 down after 10 mins away from home. Tottally controlled the game, were composed, picked out thier players and looked like the manager has a way of playing that will see them progress every week. A good manager, id back them for top 6 definately.
With us, it looked like we had never played together before and half the team were miles off the required all round game. Some suggesting it would have been decent without the goalie errors are having a laugh tho right?
Not happy to see more and more folk agree with me on Grabban n Watson but happy that I aint going mental

Folk are deluded bud .....

Won’t change that so just take boring “ must be a sheep “ insults for not being blind and oblivious and be happy in the knowledge you know your right and have 20 years of utter dross to back up your argument

Folk are deluded bud .....

Won’t change that so just take boring “ must be a sheep “ insults for not being blind and oblivious and be happy in the knowledge you know your right and have 20 years of utter dross to back up your argument
Lol