Forest v West Brom: Match Fred sponsored by George's, meeting your battered and breaded needs | Page 16 | Vital Football

Forest v West Brom: Match Fred sponsored by George's, meeting your battered and breaded needs

Think you are being a tad harsh Hardy! He's a 21 year old kid, playing his first game in a new country and he was clearly our best player. The Sky commentators were suitably impressed by his debut performance. I don't think the overall performance was that bad, maybe a little disappointing after making such a good start. But you can't legislate for 2 horrendous goalkeeping errors, that completely knocked the wind out of us. We tried to play decent football, but after handing the initiative to Brom, we found it difficult to break down their solid and giant back line. Not sure how you compare it to some of O'Neill's hoofball? Don't have a problem having big players who can attack crosses into the box. We are not going to play direct kick and rush under Lamouchi. As I said before, I was impressed with Semedo, Tiago Silva will have much better games. Watson did ok, but we need better and more mobility in that position. Muric needs to improve quickly or bigger off, we definitely need a right back this week and another striker to add to Sow, plus got Carv & Yates to come back.

that's exactly how i saw it, we must both be deluded

"The full-backs also played their part - I note a few grumbles about Cash's defending, however he was no liability during this game. The youngster was beaten for West Brom's equaliser, but he was heavily overloaded with three players to contend with (see picture, right). The problem was not Cash's defending, Forest had already been picked apart before the ball arrived in his position, to such extent that an attempt on goal was highly likely."

Agree excellent article :)
I don't disagree with that, but I don't think it proves any point you were trying to make either

Don't worry Hardy, I totally agree we are crying out for some stability and a proper plan, unfortunately appointing MON was a mistake and the board realised that and acted. Now we need to give Lamouchi time and hope it work out for once, but we do need to sign a couple of quality players before the deadline to improve 2 or 3 positions. Being a Forest fan is so frustrating!

Well it "proves' he wasn't a defensive liability as certain folk have claimed lol glad you're on board now though, better late than never.
Key part was the mention of Cash being overloaded.

Why do you think that was? Could they have been targeting him as a weak link defensively perhaps? :hmmm:

Look also at Watson's heat map and how much of that is on the right hand side, helping out Cash or covering for Worrall helping out Cash.

Put the lad where he belongs. Develop him where he belongs and is most effective

I don’t know Marlow, what about Karanka and Warburton? They were given short shrift as well. I have huge doubts about Lamouchi, especially after hearing his pre/post match interviews. MW did well at Brentford, Karanka did well at Boro and (I know you didn’t rate him), MON had probably the best track record of any manager we have hired post Clough. All sacked. Now we have Lamouchi, who has no track record to speak of really, along with our signings this summer, it all smacks a little bit of bargain basement, more hope than expectation. Hope I’m wrong, and it’s all a master stroke on the owners part, but in all honesty I think we will be sitting here having much the same conversation this time next year!

Warburton had to go unfortunately. Forest had been shocking for weeks after a good start and were getting progressively worse and were in free fall, plus all he wanted to sign was scottish kids, when we needed a bit of experience. Karanka walked, he wasn't sacked, he decided he couldn't work under a director of football. It was a shame, as i thought we were moving in the right direction, even if AK signed too many players. MON unfortunately was 10-15 years too late. I agree with your concerns Hardy, but i am trying to be positive and just hope it works out this time.

All managers will go through a poor patch in this league, especially when you are right at the beginning of a rebuilding phase, with limited funds, as MW was. It was no reason to get rid so quickly. We should have shown more patience. However we try and rationalise it, AK went. We dont actually know the full story. It looks like he disagreed, but bottom line, he was shown the door. Same MON. Now we have someone, who imo is less qualified than any of the last three, and I will be shocked if hes still here post xmas. I'm not seeing any signs that the philosophy of the owner has changed in this regard. As I say, I really hope I'm wrong.

Why do you think that was? Could they have been targeting him as a weak link defensively perhaps? :hmmm:

Look also at Watson's heat map and how much of that is on the right hand side, helping out Cash or covering for Worrall helping out Cash.

Put the lad where he belongs. Develop him where he belongs and is most effective

Unless you hadn't explained further, or for mixed up, Worrall wasn't the right sided centre half. It was Dawson.

Don't worry Hardy, I totally agree we are crying out for some stability and a proper plan, unfortunately appointing MON was a mistake and the board realised that and acted. Now we need to give Lamouchi time and hope it work out for once, but we do need to sign a couple of quality players before the deadline to improve 2 or 3 positions. Being a Forest fan is so frustrating!

Many would say the mistake was sacking MON not his appointment!
But like so many others we'll never know now.

Because he had fuck all cover from Adomah or the central two who should have been helping him...so Watson was forced to fill in. Again if that was the case why did so much more go past Robinson than Cash. The greatest full back in the world struggles when overloaded.

You're slow but at least you're finally getting there, shame it takes someone to explain it to you.

Because he had fuck all cover from Adomah or the central two who should have been helping him...so Watson was forced to fill in. Again if that was the case why did so much more go past Robinson than Cash. The greatest full back in the world struggles when overloaded.

You're slow but at least you're finally getting there, shame it takes someone to explain it to you.
Adomah helped him far more than Lolley has ever helped his fullback. Nothing wrong with Adomah's workrate and tracking back. You are making that up.

Look, pretty much everyone who saw the game disagrees with you. Kudos to you for defending your flimsy position, it's just a shame it has to be done with so many pathetic insults when someone presents facts that counter your points.

Even if I proved categorically and incontrovertably you were wrong, you would never accept it and would deflect with insults. No thanks

Adomah helped him far more than Lolley has ever helped his fullback. Nothing wrong with Adomah's workrate and tracking back. You are making that up.

Look, pretty much everyone who saw the game disagrees with you. Kudos to you for defending your flimsy position, it's just a shame it has to be done with so many pathetic insults when someone presents facts that counter your points.

Even if I proved categorically and incontrovertably you were wrong, you would never accept it and would deflect with insults. No thanks

Everyone apart from Boffin, who you fully got behind until you realised he agreed with me and now you're left with the choice of backtracking or backtracking lol so instead you'll flip flop around and hope nobody notices.

So a simple question, do you agree with myself and Boffin or not?

You'll also be aware that I hardly gave Cash top marks, so there's lots of room for improvement but a defensive weak link he was not.

Now do your usual and go running away crying whilst claiming your being picked on.

how no one mention much the clear penalty that we had ... Semedo`s shirt was clearly being pulled and right infront of the referee ... if a peno was given then and scored, the game might have changed again...

They got away with that last year at their's straight after Gayle had cheated for the pen.
I think it was Cash who had his shirt stretched so much that Neil Ruddock could have got in it afterwards .
Again they got away with it.
With the fluke that won the game Saturday you do start to worry that it's the same old sketch with bad luck happening YET again.

Everyone apart from Boffin, who you fully got behind until you realised he agreed with me and now you're left with the choice of backtracking or backtracking lol so instead you'll flip flop around and hope nobody notices.

So a simple question, do you agree with myself and Boffin or not?

You'll also be aware that I hardly gave Cash top marks, so there's lots of room for improvement but a defensive weak link he was not.

Now do your usual and go running away crying whilst claiming your being picked on.
I don't think Boffin actually backs up the crux of your argument at all.

Boffin doesn't say that Cash played well defensively. He simply exonerates Cash from blame for our overall frailties and the defeat.

"The full-backs also played their part - I note a few grumbles about Cash's defending, however he was no liability during this game. The youngster was beaten for West Brom's equaliser, but he was heavily overloaded with three players to contend with (see picture, right). The problem was not Cash's defending, Forest had already been picked apart before the ball arrived in his position, to such extent that an attempt on goal was highly likely."

That actually tallies rather nicely with what I said, given than I pointed out the move started with Lolley not tracking back (in exactly the area Boffin talks about).

This paragraph does not remotely say "Cash did well and will make a good right back". It says he was not to blame for defeat, which I never argued he was (I've been clear that I believe Muric's mistakes were the difference).

There is a significant gap between "this player was really good" and "this player was not a liability". Are you trying to claim those two statements are the same?

In addition, I note that he backs both fullbacks, so your assertion that Robinson was poor (didn't you give him a 5?) Isn't backed up by the article either. I also note that Boffin doesn't back up your farcical notion that Robinson was somehow to blame for Phillip's goal. As mild mannered as Boffin is, I suspect even he would laugh at that one.

Last edited:
Watched the game from fairly high up in the Trent End Upper. Cash is a talented midfielder, but you can tell he's not used to being a right back. In the first half on two or three occasions he took the ball down the line, then turned back like he was expecting to pass to the RB. Don't know if he was under instructions to play further up the pitch in the second half (more a Wingback than RB), but West Brom seemed to be going straight past him. Not a great believer in football stats. No stats for you being out of position, having the ball kicked past you (not a cross), or as Worrall did on one break, don't tackle just hold up play till the others get back.