Forest v West Brom: Match Fred sponsored by George's, meeting your battered and breaded needs | Page 15 | Vital Football

Forest v West Brom: Match Fred sponsored by George's, meeting your battered and breaded needs

Colback not the answer, sawyers ran the show yesterday but he did the same at the city ground last year for Brentford, against colback. Why our recruitment can't pick these players up is beyond me, ironically their other midfielder who controlled the game a loanee from benfica! Midfield is the problem, but more importantly we need need a new head of recruitment. On the field, until we get a commanding midfielder we can look forward to many more games of watching the other team control things, similar to the second half of last season. Just no joined up thinking between recruitment, manager, playing style. Same merry go round different personnel. West brom were all on the same page, as we're sheff utd last year.
Yes chap the jury's still out regarding our recruitment.

I have no idea what we are doing as far as recruitment is concerned
a Lot of players from abroad no one has ever heard off alongside players from England who are either coming to the end of their careers or have had very underwhelming careers
Much better to have signed 3 quality players and 2 premier league players on loan and got rid of as many of the deadwood as possible. Then add three youngsters lot the squad and go with that
A goalie was not a priority. We needed a right back, 2 forwards, a defensive midfielder and a winger imo

not read all umpteen pages but assuming negative.

was disappointing game, second goal seemed to take the stuffing out of us.

tbh tho still thought there were some positives for us, all of the new guys slotted in well, even watson wasn't completely awful. Yes the keeper saw two soft goals past him but his distribution looked miles better than what we've been used to.

west brom looked big and solid with enough quality to be taking plenty of points in this league.

long way to go.

not read all umpteen pages but assuming negative.

was disappointing game, second goal seemed to take the stuffing out of us.

tbh tho still thought there were some positives for us, all of the new guys slotted in well, even watson wasn't completely awful. Yes the keeper saw two soft goals past him but his distribution looked miles better than what we've been used to.

west brom looked big and solid with enough quality to be taking plenty of points in this league.

long way to go.
Deluded

I was going to start a thread about recruitment using Muric as the example but couldn’t be arsed in the end.
Suffice to say, he seems to have been told to play Muric but even before the kick off to the new season we are linked with a new keeper who the manager likes (in facts tails said more than one name was in the hat).
That tells me he isn’t happy with Muric already.

In the meantime something strange has gone off with both other experienced keepers at the club.

Work that one out....

Not sure how anyone can say Semedo was rubbish?? Thought he had a very good game and looks a decent prospect, who will only get stronger as the season goes on.

He was awful, completely out of his depth for much of the game. As were Silva and Watson.
Two good runs in the second half have masked an otherwise poor performance.
I do agree that he could get better though, after all, it's only one game. However, this is supposed to be a promotion challenging season, and I don't think he will improve enough for that.
As you were so critical of MON, I would love to know what you HONESTLY thought of that performance, compared to MON last few? I'd also like to know what you felt about the attempted aerial bombardment second half, particularly Robinsons throws and the fact that the team we had on the pitch at the end was the biggest I think I've ever seen for Forest! If MON had been in charge of that you would have had a fit!!

I was going to start a thread about recruitment using Muric as the example but couldn’t be arsed in the end.
Suffice to say, he seems to have been told to play Muric but even before the kick off to the new season we are linked with a new keeper who the manager likes (in facts tails said more than one name was in the hat).
That tells me he isn’t happy with Muric already.

In the meantime something strange has gone off with both other experienced keepers at the club.

Work that one out....

The Pants situation is certainly strange. Don't think we've heard a thing about him. Injured, maybe he's asked to leave, or SL simply wants a "footballing" keeper. Guess some of the above might be clarified by 5pm on Thursday, hopefully with a few additions too. (Striker/RB)

He was awful, completely out of his depth for much of the game. As were Silva and Watson.
Two good runs in the second half have masked an otherwise poor performance.
I do agree that he could get better though, after all, it's only one game. However, this is supposed to be a promotion challenging season, and I don't think he will improve enough for that.
As you were so critical of MON, I would love to know what you HONESTLY thought of that performance, compared to MON last few? I'd also like to know what you felt about the attempted aerial bombardment second half, particularly Robinsons throws and the fact that the team we had on the pitch at the end was the biggest I think I've ever seen for Forest! If MON had been in charge of that you would have had a fit!!
Think you are being a tad harsh Hardy! He's a 21 year old kid, playing his first game in a new country and he was clearly our best player. The Sky commentators were suitably impressed by his debut performance. I don't think the overall performance was that bad, maybe a little disappointing after making such a good start. But you can't legislate for 2 horrendous goalkeeping errors, that completely knocked the wind out of us. We tried to play decent football, but after handing the initiative to Brom, we found it difficult to break down their solid and giant back line. Not sure how you compare it to some of O'Neill's hoofball? Don't have a problem having big players who can attack crosses into the box. We are not going to play direct kick and rush under Lamouchi. As I said before, I was impressed with Semedo, Tiago Silva will have much better games. Watson did ok, but we need better and more mobility in that position. Muric needs to improve quickly or bigger off, we definitely need a right back this week and another striker to add to Sow, plus got Carv & Yates to come back.

Think you are being a tad harsh Hardy! He's a 21 year old kid, playing his first game in a new country and he was clearly our best player. The Sky commentators were suitably impressed by his debut performance. I don't think the overall performance was that bad, maybe a little disappointing after making such a good start. But you can't legislate for 2 horrendous goalkeeping errors, that completely knocked the wind out of us. We tried to play decent football, but after handing the initiative to Brom, we found it difficult to break down their solid and giant back line. Not sure how you compare it to some of O'Neill's hoofball? Don't have a problem having big players who can attack crosses into the box. We are not going to play direct kick and rush under Lamouchi. As I said before, I was impressed with Semedo, Tiago Silva will have much better games. Watson did ok, but we need better and more mobility in that position. Muric needs to improve quickly or bigger off, we definitely need a right back this week and another striker to add to Sow, plus got Carv & Yates to come back.

Hmm, the midfield three were all terrible and we got dominated, in that area, at home, for pretty much the whole game.
For the last half an hour we pretty much threw the ball into their box at every opportunity. You would have been moaning if that had been MON. You moaned when we signed Amoebi, but quickly went quiet when you realised that had nothing to do with him, as he was sacked. But you have ducked the question, did you think that performance was better than the last few under MON? Has there been progress in your opinion? You and a few others have spent the summer telling me we have a better manager and squad now, so what was your opinion after that game so Far?

https://forestboffin.blogspot.com/2019/08/forest-1-2-west-brom-tactical-report.html?m=1

Link to the excellent tactical article by forest boffin.

He explains why we lost the midfield battle.

Basically poor midfield awareness and tactical ineptness by Lamouchi

"The full-backs also played their part - I note a few grumbles about Cash's defending, however he was no liability during this game. The youngster was beaten for West Brom's equaliser, but he was heavily overloaded with three players to contend with (see picture, right). The problem was not Cash's defending, Forest had already been picked apart before the ball arrived in his position, to such extent that an attempt on goal was highly likely."

Agree excellent article :)

Hmm, the midfield three were all terrible and we got dominated, in that area, at home, for pretty much the whole game.
For the last half an hour we pretty much threw the ball into their box at every opportunity. You would have been moaning if that had been MON. You moaned when we signed Amoebi, but quickly went quiet when you realised that had nothing to do with him, as he was sacked. But you have ducked the question, did you think that performance was better than the last few under MON? Has there been progress in your opinion? You and a few others have spent the summer telling me we have a better manager and squad now, so what was your opinion after that game so Far?
You seem to be putting a lot of words into my mouth! I never moaned about signing Ameobi. Actually thought it was a good bit of business on a one year contract and am quite excited to see what he can do. As for MON's last few games we had one brilliant performance against a terrible Boro side, where Carvalho was sublime and the others were not great. Thought Sat was an ok performance, with a few tactical mistakes by the manager and a number of new players making their debut. We were always going to put balls into their box when chasing the game. We didn't have Carvalho to try and pick holes in their defence, but i thought Johnson looked lively when he came on. I never said we now have a better manager, all i said it that we will try to play better football. The manager and half the players are unknown to us. Will have to wait and see how it turns out?

You seem to be putting a lot of words into my mouth! I never moaned about signing Ameobi. Actually thought it was a good bit of business on a one year contract and am quite excited to see what he can do. As for MON's last few games we had one brilliant performance against a terrible Boro side, where Carvalho was sublime and the others were not great. Thought Sat was an ok performance, with a few tactical mistakes by the manager and a number of new players making their debut. We were always going to put balls into their box when chasing the game. We didn't have Carvalho to try and pick holes in their defence, but i thought Johnson looked lively when he came on. I never said we now have a better manager, all i said it that we will try to play better football. The manager and half the players are unknown to us. Will have to wait and see how it turns out?

I don’t disagree, time is needed, as I’ve always advocated (I still think it’s a pity you and others weren’t prepared to give it to MON). I’m not anti Semedo and Silva, if you check the start of this thread I put them in my preferred starting eleven, but I thought both were pretty awful and the game largely passed them by. I don’t think any championship side should be coming here and dominating us in that way.
It is only one game, but I didn’t see an attempt to play better football. When we actually managed to get hold of the ball, it was just aimless sideways and backwards passing, with no penetration.
What I’m getting tired of, is the constant merry go round of managers and players, with seemingly no strategy to it at all. Two years in and we are on our fourth manager, not only that, but all four completely different, with differing strategy and philosophies, which leads to wanting different types of players. We never seem to build anything. Last summer everyone raves about the new foreign players we were signing, the only one that worked out was the one we spent serious money on, the rest now gone. I’m not seeing much difference with the players we have brought in this year, except we haven’t spent any serious money this time.
What we should be doing as a club, is deciding on our philosophy and then hiring a manaGet and players that fit in with it, as it is, we are just using a scattergun approach to me.
I don’t mean to have a go at you, and I apologise for it, if that’s how I came across Marlow, just very frustrated with the infield direction we are taking.