Forest v West Brom: Match Fred sponsored by George's, meeting your battered and breaded needs | Vital Football

Forest v West Brom: Match Fred sponsored by George's, meeting your battered and breaded needs

AdebolaCornflakes

Vital Football Legend
MRF2018_Fixture_ForestvWestBrom.jpg

So here we go then folks. After what has seemed like an age, Championship football returns on Saturday.

Match:
Forest v West Brom

Kick-off:
5:30pm

FisHcakes:
Breaded

Apollyon's season card refund:
Still awaiting response

Weather Forecast:
It is forecast to be a pleasant 22C with some sun breaking through. You should be fine in just your t-shirt, but you may want to wear some underpants and trousers, too. I for one will NOT be.

Last League Meeting:
West Brom 2-2 Forest, 12th Feb 2019 - One of the first games of Martin O'Neill's short-lived tenure where we actually played pretty well. As with a few games around that time last season, it was defined by a couple of horrendous decisions which cost us the win. Ryan Yates broke onto the scene with a couple of goals.

Injury/Suspension news:

Forest - We go into the game with Carvalho injured, although he is expected to return to training imminently. Ryan Yates is also out for a while and Benalouane seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth. Rumours have been rife that Darikwa has suffered a serious injury in training, so we may see Matty Cash at right-back.

West Brom - All I can see is that their Egyptian centre-half Ahmed Hegazi has been ruled out until September, so he will miss the game. Will update once other match previews go up and I can do a G42 copy-and-paste special.

Pre-match ramble
After lots of debate about our new signings in recent weeks, it is almost time for those players to start showing us what they can do.

Performances and results were generally positive in pre-season with good wins against Atromitos and Crystal Palace, plus a respectable draw against Real Sociedad. Those results were blemished somewhat by an atrocious 45-minutes against Olympiacos that looked like men against boys.

From the friendlies we can predict that Lamouchi will have us playing a 4-2-3-1 with a focus on retaining possession and playing the ball out from the back. It also looks like Muric will play an important role with his quick distribution.

West Brom's pre-season looks to have been quite similar to ours, with a 4-0 win at Scunthorpe sandwiched between a 0-3 loss to Villareal and draws with Rotherham and Bournemouth. They have also got a new man in the dugout in former West Ham manager Slaven Bilic.

They have lost a few of their bigger performers from last season after selling Craig Dawson and Jay Rodriguez, with Dwight Gayle having returned to Newcastle on loan also. In regards to new signings, they have generally gone for players with Championship experience in Kenneth Zohore, Semi Ajayi, Darnell Furlong and Romaine Sawyers.

Looking at their squad I do not think they will be as dangerous as last season and we could nick a win here.

Predicted Starting XI:

Muric; Cash, Worrall, Milosevic, Robinson; Watson, Semedo; Adomah, Silva, Lolley; Grabban.

Prediction:
An exciting start to the season: Forest 0-0 West Brom.

Sponsor:
The first match Fred of the season is sponsored by George's who, with locations across Nottinghamshire, can no doubt provide you all with breaded and battered delights after the game on Saturday.

Oh and if you do call in can you please ask how Mildred is?

Last edited:
Nice summary although have to mention, Yates only got the 1 goal creditered as he stubbed his toe with the goal gaping, fortunately the ball hit a defender and went in as OG.

View attachment 34299

So here we go then folks. After what has seemed like an age, Championship football returns on Saturday.

Match:
Forest v West Brom

Kick-off:
5:30pm

FisHcakes:
Breaded

Apollyon's season card refund:
Still awaiting response

Weather Forecast:
It is forecast to be a pleasant 22C with some sun breaking through. You should be fine in just your t-shirt, but you may want to wear some underpants and trousers, too. I for one will NOT be.

Last League Meeting:
West Brom 2-2 Forest, 12th Feb 2019 - One of the first games of Martin O'Neill's short-lived tenure where we actually played pretty well. As with a few games around that time last season, it was defined by a couple of horrendous decisions which cost us the win. Ryan Yates broke onto the scene with a couple of goals.

Injury/Suspension news:

Forest - We go into the game with Carvalho injured, although he is expected to return to training imminently. Ryan Yates is also out for a while and Benalouane seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth. Rumours have been rife that Darikwa has suffered a serious injury in training, so we may see Matty Cash at right-back.

West Brom - All I can see is that their Egyptian centre-half Ahmed Hegazi has been ruled out until September, so he will miss the game. Will update once other match previews go up and I can do a G42 copy-and-paste special.

Pre-match ramble
After lots of debate about our new signings in recent weeks, it is almost time for those players to start showing us what they can do.

Performances and results were generally positive in pre-season with good wins against Atromitos and Crystal Palace, plus a respectable draw against Real Sociedad. Those results were blemished somewhat by an atrocious 45-minutes against Olympiacos that looked like men against boys.

From the friendlies we can predict that Lamouchi will have us playing a 4-2-3-1 with a focus on retaining possession and playing the ball out from the back. It also looks like Muric will play an important role with his quick distribution.

West Brom's pre-season looks to have been quite similar to ours, with a 4-0 win at Scunthorpe sandwiched between a 0-3 loss to Villareal and draws with Rotherham and Bournemouth. They have also got a new man in the dugout in former West Ham manager Slaven Bilic.

They have lost a few of their bigger performers from last season after selling Craig Dawson and Jay Rodriguez, with Dwight Gayle having returned to Newcastle on loan also. In regards to new signings, they have generally gone for players with Championship experience in Kenneth Zohore, Semi Ajayi, Darnell Furlong and Romaine Sawyers.

Looking at their squad I do not think they will be as dangerous as last season and we could nick a win here.

Predicted Starting XI:

Muric; Cash, Worrall, Milosevic, Robinson; Watson, Semedo; Adomah, Silva, Lolley; Grabban.

Prediction:
An exciting start to the season: Forest 0-0 West Brom.

Sponsor:
The first match Fred of the season is sponsored by George's who, with locations across Nottinghamshire, can no doubt provide you all with breaded and battered delights after the game on Saturday.

Oh and if you do call in can you please ask how Mildred is?

Does he post in the forest match threads? He makes the threads!!

No Gayle or Rodriguez

Much weaker than last year I see a 1-1 between two sides destined for mid table sadly

Cheers AC. Not sure what to make of our squad so far but Albion are definitely weaker in key areas.

First game cautiousness will rule so I am going for a low key 1-1 draw.

I would like to see Richardson given a go at RB. Not as a season long solution, but I would prefer to see what he can do rather than watch Cash toil aimlessly in a position he shouldn't be put in.

Dawson and Worrall will probably start, but I don't think that's our strongest line up. Not sure why Milosevic doesn't seem that in favour as I feel he is probably our best.

Won't see anything radical Watson, Lolley, Silva, Ameobi or Adomah I think. Semedo might play, Sow on the bench.

With 8 new players in everyone will still be finding their feet so I expect us to be all over the shop so either a 1-1 or 2-1 defeat

Definately agree about Richardson - a young player who actually plays right back surely is better than a winger who has no idea how to defend unless of course we play 5 at the back and wing backs

AC doesn't start shitty threads.

People say he's the best poster. They go, Oh, we've never posted in a place like this before, you're such a laugh. You get the best out of us. And he goes, you know, C'est la vie. If that's true - excellent.

AC doesn't start shitty threads.

People say he's the best poster. They go, Oh, we've never posted in a place like this before, you're such a laugh. You get the best out of us. And he goes, you know, C'est la vie. If that's true - excellent.

I'll be doing a bit of posting and I'll just start writing a match thread and people reading will go "Why's that good?" and I'll tell them why and they go "Oh yeah, yeah, this is the best match thread". It's their opinion.