Forest v Stoke match Fred, sponsored by YOU LOT HAVE PUT THE KISS OF DEATH ON US. | Page 44 | Vital Football

Forest v Stoke match Fred, sponsored by YOU LOT HAVE PUT THE KISS OF DEATH ON US.

Its all right for you, you only have last nights capitulation to deal with.

I have an hysterical female going up the wall because she has been informed the curtains she has just ordered will now not be available until September; effectively a 5 week delay.

We are having new flooring down in the lounge which will not be down until mid August and before that I have to re decorate, so she does not need the fucking things for another Month, but no, its all my fucking fault.
Ouch. Have you told her to calm down? I have been told that works wonders.

I have an hysterical female going up the wall because she has been informed the curtains she has just ordered will now not be available until September; effectively a 5 week delay.

We are having new flooring down in the lounge which will not be down until mid August and before that I have to re decorate, so she does not need the fucking things for another Month, but no, its all my fucking fault.
Coming off the back of major house renovations, I feel for you, brother.

And yet we saw him go to places like Villa Park and tear them a new one. There is absolutely room for a more skillful player when we have so many physical players around him. Also considering Silva takes the majority of our set pieces and is in a better team he hasn't outperformed Carvalho in terms of goals and assists.
And I’ve seen him go to lots of other grounds and do absolutely fuck all.
It’s always the same - when a player isn’t playing he’s remembered in a far better light than he really is. Case in point Walker a few months back before he returned and flopped.
Ok I get it you like Carvalho; but whilst I’m not going to go overboard about Silva, as he’s decent but no superstar, he has performed more consistently than Carvalho and that’s the difference at this level.
And I think you are confusing the type of physicality I am talking about. Specifically, I mean energy and pace rather than bruisers like sow and Yates.
Derby put young players around Rooney, but we don’t have similar stock apart from Mighten.
Carvalho can never succeed at this club unless we overhaul the midfield completely
We still have no real pace and I’ve been saying it for years. That is the real deficit In this team and we will forever struggle unless we add several new faces with those attributes. And they need to be able to control the ball unlike Diakhaby

And I’ve seen him go to lots of other grounds and do absolutely fuck all.
It’s always the same - when a player isn’t playing he’s remembered in a far better light than he really is. Case in point Walker a few months back before he returned and flopped.
Ok I get it you like Carvalho; but whilst I’m not going to go overboard about Silva, as he’s decent but no superstar, he has performed more consistently than Carvalho and that’s the difference at this level.
And I think you are confusing the type of physicality I am talking about. Specifically, I mean energy and pace rather than bruisers like sow and Yates.
Derby put young players around Rooney, but we don’t have similar stock apart from Mighten.
Carvalho can never succeed at this club unless we overhaul the midfield completely
We still have no real pace and I’ve been saying it for years. That is the real deficit In this team and we will forever struggle unless we add several new faces with those attributes. And they need to be able to control the ball unlike Diakhaby

I get it, you dislike him and when fans have made their minds up they only see the narrative they've created. By the by Silva hasn't outperformed him, he has the same goal and one less assist whilst taking the majority of our set pieces compared to Carv last year. Nor has he torn up the ratings, he currently sits 10th of our squad.

I also think there is room for both.

I get it, you dislike him and when fans have made their minds up they only see the narrative they've created. By the by Silva hasn't outperformed him, he has the same goal and one less assist whilst taking the majority of our set pieces compared to Carv last year. Nor has he torn up the ratings, he currently sits 10th of our squad.

I also think there is room for both.

You don’t get it - I don’t dislike him
Yes I think he is overrated and doesn’t fit this team but that’s not to say he isn’t a good player. Rooney can’t run either but he’s still influential.
However to accommodate him we would have to change the whole midfield personnel and that’s unfeasible. The economics are that we sell him and use the funds for players that will enhance what we’ve already started to build. Continuity not zig zagging Strategy

As I said the big issue for me is the recruitment- something That’s hopefully Going to get an overhaul if Percy’s comments are right

You don’t get it - I don’t dislike him
Yes I think he is overrated and doesn’t fit this team but that’s not to say he isn’t a good player. Rooney can’t run either but he’s still influential.
However to accommodate him we would have to change the whole midfield personnel and that’s unfeasible. The economics are that we sell him and use the funds for players that will enhance what we’ve already started to build. Continuity not zig zagging Strategy

As I said the big issue for me is the recruitment- something That’s hopefully Going to get an overhaul if Percy’s comments are right

Selling him is certainly a sensible option at this point, though outside of a dodgy deal with Olympiacos it's hard to see how we get much of a return after last season.

I dont think anyone feels he's the second coming, just he was an option who offered something different than was available, particularly when we were gifted the ball and space.

AK didn't set the entire team up around him either.

Selling him is certainly a sensible option at this point, though outside of a dodgy deal with Olympiacos it's hard to see how we get much of a return after last season.

I dont think anyone feels he's the second coming, just he was an option who offered something different than was available, particularly when we were gifted the ball and space.

He needed to be used at least as an option from the bench for when we had lots of possession. Whatever else he is or isn’t he is one of the few players who can pick a decent pass.

Like you I think he has gone though and probably to Oly for an ‘undisclosed fee’.

Do what I do, pay a professional to do the work, you just sit back with a glass of good wine and let the rest of house take care of itself. Wedded bliss. xxx

Cant disagree with that tbf.
I too wonder why he wasnt used (though from my impression of SL I would think/hope it was purely for footballing reasons), and cant see us recouping much from him unless it is 'that' Olympiakos deal.
Which brings it back to what I think is the big issue- the effectiveness of the recruitment team, be it bringing in duds or overpaying.
I really hope that the big man can see that his recruitment boys are the ones who came up short in the main.

Saying Carv can pick a perfect pass can't be argued with, but only when he's allowed to.
Top midfield playmakers pick a pass despite the attentions of defensive midfielders. They've got the physicality to not only bring the ball under control, but to get the pass away as well. Carv doesn't manage this enough but it could just be a confidence thing. Would love to see him succeed at Forest but I'm not holding my breath.

Carv seemed to be getting to grips with the league a bit more toward the end of last season and starting to have more influence on games.

He was by no means perfect or the finished product but he was improving.

Unfortunately for whatever reason SL does not rate him enough even to have on the bench but for me there should always be a place on the bench for that sort of player even if he is not always needed.

If his attitude isn’t great then fair enough but Taylor mainly just says that he isn’t banging down the manager’s door to play and there could be a few reasons for that.

Last edited:
Maybe Carvalho just isn't a good footballer. Can someone tell me when he's made an impact during his two years at Forest?

Grand man to stick one away when you're 2-0 up and cruising against a ten-man QPR.

He was putting more effort in to tackling back this season when he played, maybe it's not in his personality to be banging on the managers door. It's just not worked out here, bet he ends up in a top flight team one day and looks the part.

Maybe Carvalho just isn't a good footballer. Can someone tell me when he's made an impact during his two years at Forest?

Grand man to stick one away when you're 2-0 up and cruising against a ten-man QPR.

Carvalho's performance against Middlesborough last season was one of the best performances by a Forest player in the last five years. He has done nothing this season though, and Bostock hasn't done any more. We actually played well in the first half against Stoke. As usual we couldn't put the ball in the net. A creative first half, but missed chances led to the ultimate panic, not helped by the loss of Sow.

Carvalho's performance against Middlesborough last season was one of the best performances by a Forest player in the last five years. He has done nothing this season though, and Bostock hasn't done any more. We actually played well in the first half against Stoke. As usual we couldn't put the ball in the net. A creative first half, but missed chances led to the ultimate panic, not helped by the loss of Sow.

The game against Boro with nothing riding on it? An end of season dead rubber?

He was putting more effort in to tackling back this season when he played, maybe it's not in his personality to be banging on the managers door. It's just not worked out here, bet he ends up in a top flight team one day and looks the part.

Hi Ron. I've been reading your drivel for months now and have an
inclination you know very little about football.