Forest v Stoke match Fred, sponsored by YOU LOT HAVE PUT THE KISS OF DEATH ON US. | Page 43 | Vital Football

Forest v Stoke match Fred, sponsored by YOU LOT HAVE PUT THE KISS OF DEATH ON US.

If I am Maranakis, and I am going to give the off season and more involvement in player selection, then the 1 thing I want from SL is his ideas on style of play with 'better players' or players which he has recommended. If he can't convince me that he is then flexible on tactics and can alter his approach, then fire him. As that would mean the same plan A type game plan, and nothing to fall back on when things aren't going well.
As some have said, his away game tactics by and large are good v the top teams, but he needs a 180 turn when playing the Barnsley's away, and their like, and for all home games
They can't take a lot of time there's not a lot to take, if they are looking to replace they need to give the new guy as much time as possible. Or if hopefully they are keeping Sabri they need to move in getting the squad stronger than it is currently.

They can't take a lot of time there's not a lot to take, if they are looking to replace they need to give the new guy as much time as possible. Or if hopefully they are keeping Sabri they need to move in getting the squad stronger than it is currently.
Best case scenario is they are keeping the manager.

The conversation and postmortem is always going to involve SL arguing that recruitment wasn't good enough and that the squad needs a lot of work

If he is retained then Marinakis must accept that and SL is continuing on that basis.

If SL leaves it would suggest that Marinakis rejects his solutions and is looking for someone who claims they can do the job cheaper

I can't even muster the enthusiasm to be angry about last night .
I honestly thought there was a reasonable chance of us fucking it up , it seems embedded in the clubs DNA now.
I honestly don't think any other team in that scenario would have fucked it up.
We were 1/500 with Bet365 to to get a play off spot before the game.
Has anything ever failed at such prohibitive betting odds before ?
I very much doubt it.
Glad i didn't go for the "easy" quid return.
Like many others i made a fair few quid on the worst case scenario happening .
Embarrassment of a club.

By and large, I'd say we've been much shrewder and I'd imagine that contract extension for Sabri may well have been dependent upon securing a playoff spot - I would imagine that we'll find out soon enough.

It's been a frightening fall from grace, but the way Millwall easily beat us just before lockdown showed our weaknesses.

The first goal by Stoke last night was so reminiscent of the Matt Smith back post header, what was more alarming was that at 1-1 - they clearly thought the job was done and that Stoke would be content to play out a draw.

Their second, whether offside or not came from a daft challenge by Figgy conceding a free kick - just like the one that Worrall conceded against Derby.

Defensively we were woeful last night and until Sow went off injured, we yet again had 3 defensive midfielders on the pitch and another (Bostock) on the bench.

Rather than going out to win games, we've played the last 2 looking for a point - it was the wrong mindset and that negativity brought on the evident fragility, with the ultimate failure epitomised by a Swansea team going all out for the win.

Thats the point tho- 3 DM on the pitch yet the back 4 still left to do all the work. I said when the 2nd goal went in, we deserved fuck all from that embarrassing part of the game where we passed sideways.

City ground rings to the tune of attack, attack, attack attack attack, not hold on for fucking point! There are times during a season where it is necessary to shithouse but not when u need a point and have 3 games to get one. Manager takes the ultimate responsibility for tactics but we had chances to get in front, the joe lolly pass and the grabz sidefoot when he should have broke the net and other chances. The strategy was shit but the players should have still been able to carry that off, shouldnt need telling.

Leaving it to the last minute just piled on the pressure that our snowflakes clearly couldnt handle. Goodness knows how they would handle the pressure in the prem.

Truth is , the city ground should be a place where teams are worried about coming to . Now it’s seen as a good chance of three points and a sing song on the coach home.

Our home form has been absolutely pathetic bar a couple of games and that’s definitely not worthy of a serious promotion challenge.

Take a trip up to the 5star resort that is their training ground then come back on here.

I know there is Coronavirus about, but I don't think any manager would want to be confined to a training ground however, especially around Middlesbro.

Best case scenario is they are keeping the manager.

The conversation and postmortem is always going to involve SL arguing that recruitment wasn't good enough and that the squad needs a lot of work

If he is retained then Marinakis must accept that and SL is continuing on that basis.

If SL leaves it would suggest that Marinakis rejects his solutions and is looking for someone who claims they can do the job cheaper
Or they are shopping around before pulling the trigger

Anyone else scratching their heads at Birmingham retiring the number 22 shirt for Jude Bellingham?

He is 17, has only been playing this season. Birmingham finished 20th, 2 points off relegation. Bellingham, as exciting a young player as he is, wasn't their top performing player on any major stat (4 goals all season, 2 assists).

He is going to Dortmund for up to £30m, which is a pretty amazing deal for a 17 year old in his first proper season.

But retiring the shirt?

Birmingham clearly just trying to steal our thunder in the cringeworthy embarrassment stakes

Anyone else scratching their heads at Birmingham retiring the number 22 shirt for Jude Bellingham?

He is 17, has only been playing this season. Birmingham finished 20th, 2 points off relegation. Bellingham, as exciting a young player as he is, wasn't their top performing player on any major stat (4 goals all season, 2 assists).

He is going to Dortmund for up to £30m, which is a pretty amazing deal for a 17 year old in his first proper season.

But retiring the shirt?

Birmingham clearly just trying to steal our thunder in the cringeworthy embarrassment stakes

They'll have to ramp it up a few notches to take our mantle.

But retiring the shirt?

Retiring the shirt is ridiculous.

Ok “ target “ yeah thanks for that . The only thing you’ve succeeded in doing here is standing up for Fuq boy - your little “ companion” and boring us all to death with your super sharp wit and enviable grammar.

😂 get back down on your knee gimpy and don’t address me again until you’ve got something remotely interesting to say.

:) thank you my four legged companion

That Bellingham shirt business is very odd, if it was an all time top scoring player you'd understand this is very strange. Maybe he's saved them going bust, maybe he's promised to stay in Germany till he's on a free and come back to take the shirt number 😂

Why arent the mods handing out some bans for some people..Im trying to read Forest news and discussion not arguments between cliques..give them all suspensions at the very least its getting ridiculous.

Can’t beat a good row from time to time. Except for a tin-hat level meltdown.

Even better now I have learned to make my own popcorn (or at least send the wife to make it)!

Can’t beat a good row from time to time. Except for a tin-hat level meltdown.

Even better now I have learned to make my own popcorn (or at least send the wife to make it)!

Its all right for you, you only have last nights capitulation to deal with.

I have an hysterical female going up the wall because she has been informed the curtains she has just ordered will now not be available until September; effectively a 5 week delay.

We are having new flooring down in the lounge which will not be down until mid August and before that I have to re decorate, so she does not need the fucking things for another Month, but no, its all my fucking fault.