Forest v Liverpool Match thread sponsored by Smokey Robinson 😂 | Page 15 | Vital Football

Forest v Liverpool Match thread sponsored by Smokey Robinson 😂

I think Klopp winning the league in his final season with Liverpool is a fantastic narrative for the league and great for marketing our game and that's why I feel that Liverpool fully deserved to have most major decisions go their way and to be handed the goal at the end of the game to win it.
The same, or something similar, applied to Liverpool's Carabao Cup Final appearance, yet their perfectly valid goal (the same as was scored by Manchester United against Forest), and the only one scored in normal time, was disallowed. This conspiracy is really complicated........

The same, or something similar, applied to Liverpool's Carabao Cup Final appearance, yet their perfectly valid goal (the same as was scored by Manchester United against Forest), and the only one scored in normal time, was disallowed. This conspiracy is really complicated........

Pretty sure the Carabao and the EPL are under different administration.

Well there's a first for everything. I usually read the thread (usually on the other forum these days) on the opposition fans views? I just can't bring myself to read what would be the totally predictable shit that the scousers have come up with,so I haven't bothered.

By the strict rules of the game the decision to disallow Liverscum’s goal in the Cup final was correct. The issue with it is one of consistency. The rule should apply to every goal scored in that manner but it doesn’t seem to.

The standard of decision making this season has been awful. Forest are far from the only club to be feeling hard done to.

Rewatching the incident, firstly the whole thing was engineered by Liverpool. They knew exactly what they were doing. Booting the ball back to the keeper who then took control of the ball to give the ref the illusion he should get it back.

Still the ref should have been aware and what confuses me most is he is clearly taking instructions in his earpiece about the restart (might as well have been his bloody ring piece); if that was from VAR then I thought they could not get involved in decisions regarding restarts. At least that is what we were told about the Toney free kick goal.

It's easy to see conspiracy when it all seemed so...orchestrated.

Forest going for a winner late in stoppage time, corner swung in, defender gets hit by his own keeper and goes down. Ref stops play with CHO in possession just outside the box.

Liverpool player (Diaz?) nicks the ball from CHO and sends it back to the keeper. Defender gets up, ref gives keeper the ball instead of an uncontested drop for Forest. Suppose CHO had grabbed the ball and kept it - would the ref have suddenly remembered the rules of the game?

I didn't see Konate rolling around clutching his head, so I won't accuse him of cheating. Seems the ref took it upon himself to deem it a head injury and stop the game. It's the other Liverpool player that worries me - it's almost as if he knows the ref is about to give them the drop ball.

No doubt it's really a mixture of incompetent refs/VAR and dark arts from other teams, but for a start, doesn't that make it three home league games running where we've been denied clear penalties?

Rewatching the incident, firstly the whole thing was engineered by Liverpool. They knew exactly what they were doing. Booting the ball back to the keeper who then took control of the ball to give the ref the illusion he should get it back.

Still the ref should have been aware and what confuses me most is he is clearly taking instructions in his earpiece about the restart (might as well have been his bloody ring piece); if that was from VAR then I thought they could not get involved in decisions regarding restarts. At least that is what we were told about the Toney free kick goal.

If it's against us, VAR can do whatever the fuck it wants.

It's easy to see conspiracy when it all seemed so...orchestrated.

Forest going for a winner late in stoppage time, corner swung in, defender gets hit by his own keeper and goes down. Ref stops play with CHO in possession just outside the box.

Liverpool player (Diaz?) nicks the ball from CHO and sends it back to the keeper. Defender gets up, ref gives keeper the ball instead of an uncontested drop for Forest. Suppose CHO had grabbed the ball and kept it - would the ref have suddenly remembered the rules of the game?

I didn't see Konate rolling around clutching his head, so I won't accuse him of cheating. Seems the ref took it upon himself to deem it a head injury and stop the game. It's the other Liverpool player that worries me - it's almost as if he knows the ref is about to give them the drop ball.

No doubt it's really a mixture of incompetent refs/VAR and dark arts from other teams, but for a start, doesn't that make it three home league games running where we've been denied clear penalties?
Firstly, there is a picture of the fourth official pointing to the exact spot where Hudson-Odoi was and where it should be taken from. It's not like he wasn't told either - Gibbs-White (and the entire ground) protested vigorously but he was too arrogant to care. Clearly his fourth official knew where it was meant to be taken from and he is miked up.

It seems impossible for the ref to have been oblivious that we had had possession. About 27,000 people, plus a player, plus his own fourth official no doubt, were telling him.

So either he was so arrogant as to think he was right where 27,000 plus his own officials were wrong, or he chose to ignore one of the laws of the game to give the ball to Liverpool for some reason.

I was chatting to my friend yesterday who was a referee for years up to Conference North level. One we were discussing was the Toney free kick. He was saying that one was on the ref, not us. Whenever he put the ball down for a free kick, it was always absolutely basic for him to point to his lino and say "watch" so that someone was watching that no one moved the ball.

This would be happening at non league tin shacks, no mikes. How the hell have premier league referees managed to fail to do absolute basic things? Why are their officials not helping and why are they presumably ignoring them when they do?

With people like Tierney and Taylor I suspect just arrogance

Firstly, there is a picture of the fourth official pointing to the exact spot where Hudson-Odoi was and where it should be taken from. It's not like he wasn't told either - Gibbs-White (and the entire ground) protested vigorously but he was too arrogant to care. Clearly his fourth official knew where it was meant to be taken from and he is miked up.

It seems impossible for the ref to have been oblivious that we had had possession. About 27,000 people, plus a player, plus his own fourth official no doubt, were telling him.

So either he was so arrogant as to think he was right where 27,000 plus his own officials were wrong, or he chose to ignore one of the laws of the game to give the ball to Liverpool for some reason.

I was chatting to my friend yesterday who was a referee for years up to Conference North level. One we were discussing was the Toney free kick. He was saying that one was on the ref, not us. Whenever he put the ball down for a free kick, it was always absolutely basic for him to point to his lino and say "watch" so that someone was watching that no one moved the ball.

This would be happening at non league tin shacks, no mikes. How the hell have premier league referees managed to fail to do absolute basic things? Why are their officials not helping and why are they presumably ignoring them when they do?

With people like Tierney and Taylor I suspect just arrogance

That picture could also be the fourth official pointing to the Forest coach who was a mile outside of technical area. It's a still image that can show whatever you want it to show.

Tierney is, and always has been, a shit ref and an arrogant bastard. He got the law wrong and that was it.

Incompetence.
There's no conspiracy, no plot. It's just plain incompetence.
And arrogance.
His face at the end when the staff surrounded him, no emotions, nothing, just arrogance.
For once if just one of them would hold their hands up and admit they fucked up.
They need to start punishing the fuckers, demote them to league one for a season or withhold their pay.

Incompetence.
There's no conspiracy, no plot. It's just plain incompetence.
That explains the poor decisions quite easily. It doesn't explain how they consistently go against Forest. I'm not down with conspiracy theories as a general rule, but it really is just beggaring belief at this point.

There isn't a simple explanation for how these decisions are all to our detriment. Rank incompetence would mean around half the decisions would be to our benefit.

Yates reports that Tierney said to him when he as captain complained about free kick “that is the law” which suggests it wasn’t a mistake but he genuinely doesn’t know the rules of the game.

That explains the poor decisions quite easily. It doesn't explain how they consistently go against Forest. I'm not down with conspiracy theories as a general rule, but it really is just beggaring belief at this point.

There isn't a simple explanation for how these decisions are all to our detriment. Rank incompetence would mean around half the decisions would be to our benefit.
I'd imagine all clubs will say the same.
We are just aware of the ones against us, because it is our emotional investment.

Just looking at last four games at WFCG. Newcastle VAR misses the foul on Awoniyi. No Pen. WHU VAR misses foul on Williams by Cornet. No Penalty. Man Utd. VAR losses block by Varane whilst off side and therefore interfering with play. Goal allowed. Then Saturday ref not knowing a basic rule, perhaps makes no difference but it shows crucial decisions not going our way. Add this to previous months crucial decisions with Boly and Toney. They all add up.

There isn't a simple explanation for how these decisions are all to our detriment. Rank incompetence would mean around half the decisions would be to our benefit
There are a certain type of person, im sure we all know the type, who bitch and moan about their luck.

They tread in dog shit

"Thats just my luck"
"if anyone is gonna tread in dog shit, its gonna be me"
"lucky Steve should be my nickname"!
"why is it always me that treads in dog shit"
Etc.
The same type of person will bemoan "luck" when it comes to their team not getting the rub of the green, they cant help it, its how they are, not just the football team, they will always think of themselves as the victim.

Im sure every team in the land has these fans and they all believe the same.

Its human nature, Look at Merrynackers Saturday, im sure he feels the same.

List the big decisions in our favour then. You can go from the Bournemouth game when Nuno took over for ease.
Play off final.
2 penoi shouts.