Forest v Liverpool Match thread sponsored by Smokey Robinson 😂 | Page 14 | Vital Football

Forest v Liverpool Match thread sponsored by Smokey Robinson 😂

I think some were so desperate to see the back of Cooper that they're now exaggerating the marginal improvements under Nuno.

We do look better going forward and we do seem to have a bit more possession these days but we're still a team that makes basic errors and gifts goals to the opposition. Teams know they will always have chances against us.

We've been hearing for weeks now 'Don't worry, we're playing much better and we'll be fine' but we're still losing regularly and there have been plenty of teams over the years who have gone down 'playing well'.

Some huge games coming up in the next few weeks - let's hope Nuno can start proving these people right.
Even these marginal improvements are debatable - we’re playing the same very low block, hoping to counter, but our ball retention and composure in both of the final-thirds is shocking and is costing us points virtually every week. These errors temporarily decreased shortly after Cooper’s departure, but their slow creep since the FA Cup matches has become insidious, and we now are starting to closely resemble the luckless last days under Cooper.

I know already that people will dispute that and portray our early season efforts as calamitous, but we haven’t often played badly all season, apart from away at Fulham and maybe Liverpool. We probably should have won away at Palace, while the defeats to West Ham, Brighton, Everton, and even Tottenham were all very tight games that we made a mess of - Turner’s performance in the Tottenham game was awful.

Even these marginal improvements are debatable - we’re playing the same very low block, hoping to counter, but our ball retention and composure in both of the final-thirds is shocking and is costing us points virtually every week. These errors temporarily decreased shortly after Cooper’s departure, but their slow creep since the FA Cup matches has become insidious, and we now are starting to closely resemble the luckless last days under Cooper.

I know already that people will dispute that and portray our early season efforts as calamitous, but we haven’t often played badly all season, apart from away at Fulham and maybe Liverpool. We probably should have won away at Palace, while the defeats to West Ham, Brighton, Everton, and even Tottenham were all very tight games that we made a mess of - Turner’s performance in the Tottenham game was awful.
We’re not a bad football club by any means, the 3 ‘ worst teams ‘ in the league will probably still be better than a lot of teams in Europes other top leagues, such is the quality of the premiership.

Our problem was never the manager, it’s the amount and and quality of players we’ve used.

Agree with Popes comments above. It's not staged or scripted like wrestling, but there are certain romances in sport. The neutral is rooting for lil' old Luton to pull off a miracle. Liverpool winning games keeps the title race exciting and makes Man City chase them down.

It keeps viewers watching and keeps the neutral interested. The powers that be know what keeps the league entertaining to fans. They aren't rigging games, but at this point I absolutely believe there is a subtle hand tilting results in favourable directions. Whether that is subconscious bias by the refs & VAR, or something more explicit I have no idea.

Quite right, and they don't make it obvious, like.

Take, for example, our current run; all of it influenced by the EPL, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Jim Ratcliffe.

It would have been mega obvious, whilst we're being cheated out of everything by THEM, if THEY allowed Luton to win "their" matches - see the last minute winner for Villa yesterday - at the same time we're "losing" ours.

See, i reckons, if they did that they THEIR/THERE rumbled, you get me, yeah?

WHAT they will do, yeah, you understand, is give Luton 6 penalties against "us" just to hedge THEY'RE bets as they cannot, yeah, influscents the goalkeeper, you understand?

We weren't quality or exciting today.

We were actually pretty poor for most of this game and were fortunate that Liverpool were too. Not a patch on some of the other performances
we were playing the top team in the league, it was a magnificent defensive performance .
we also created a few good chances.

Of course you have a narrative to feed and you would agree with me if Steve was still the manager.

You’ve got this completely wrong.
We aren’t playing low block at all- we’re pressing from the front and in the centre of the pitch under nuno. I’ve no idea what you’re watching.

The only match we played cooperball was at home to arsenal. Don’t take my word for it , go and look at the action areas in the matches since he’s taken over.

Again - if you really can’t see how much of a better team we are and how much more positive our play is , goals scored , attacks, then I cannot take you seriously at all.
Incredible.

I can see that dumb and dumber have agreed with you but they were the leaders of the cooper cult. Even jimmy gordon has stopped banging on about it now thank god.

I feel we are playing well and look like a team that is Premier League quality. An exciting team to watch and dangerous to the opposition.

We've also got a more reliable keeper now

We shouldn't get relegated with the squad and if we do it would be an absolute disaster and we would lose all our best players etc

So it's on the manager to turn good performances into results whatever it takes

We remain competitive in every game but think I heard we've only got 1 win in 10 games now which goes without saying is nowhere near good enough

I don't think that was anywhere near the best version of Liverpool yesterday but for sure we matched them at least

Games are running out for us to get a points buffer we may need and bad luck or not yesterday was another wasted opportunity

Last edited:
I knew Tierney was bent in the first half when they two footed Gibbs-White and it wasn't even given as a foul
You are making this thread sound like the Huddersfield Town fans' comments after the play- off final. When they were doing that, you were rightly laughing at Huddersfield comments, and their ludicrous conspiracy claims. SImilarly, there is no conspiracy here. There are many differences of judgment and opinion in refereeing, as anyone who watches Match of the Day hears about most weeks, involving all sorts of different teams.

Nottingham Forest lost yesterday's game through very bad luck.

we were playing the top team in the league, it was a magnificent defensive performance .
we also created a few good chances.

Of course you have a narrative to feed and you would agree with me if Steve was still the manager.
That is absolute bollocks.

Nothing to do with the previous manager. I give credit where it's due and when I think we've played well I say so.

I don't think we played as well yesterday as we have in previous matches. We played well defensively but, given how relatively poor Liverpool looked, we didn't look up for really pressuring them and were giving away far too many loose and second balls.

That is my opinion of the game I watched. It's not a narrative of anything

You’ve got this completely wrong.
We aren’t playing low block at all- we’re pressing from the front and in the centre of the pitch under nuno. I’ve no idea what you’re watching.

The only match we played cooperball was at home to arsenal. Don’t take my word for it , go and look at the action areas in the matches since he’s taken over.

Again - if you really can’t see how much of a better team we are and how much more positive our play is , goals scored , attacks, then I cannot take you seriously at all.
Incredible.

I can see that dumb and dumber have agreed with you but they were the leaders of the cooper cult. Even jimmy gordon has stopped banging on about it now thank god.

What exactly made me a "leader of the Cooper cult"?

I said after the Fulham game it was time for him to go and I believe this thread is the first time I've really mentioned him since he was sacked. I've also said that we've improved under Nuno.

Or is it just another case of you not being able to handle people disagreeing with you?

That is absolute bollocks.

Nothing to do with the previous manager. I give credit where it's due and when I think we've played well I say so.

I don't think we played as well yesterday as we have in previous matches. We played well defensively but, given how relatively poor Liverpool looked, we didn't look up for really pressuring them and were giving away far too many loose and second balls.

That is my opinion of the game I watched. It's not a narrative of anything

I agree with this - im not as convinced as everyone else that we were that good yesterday. I thought we played a Liverpool side well under par and performed okay.

What exactly made me a "leader of the Cooper cult"?

I said after the Fulham game it was time for him to go and I believe this thread is the first time I've really mentioned him since he was sacked. I've also said that we've improved under Nuno.

Or is it just another case of you not being able to handle people disagreeing with you?

Tell him to piss off @payola1980

He's a Cooper fan boy.

I agree with this - im not as convinced as everyone else that we were that good yesterday. I thought we played a Liverpool side well under par and performed okay.

For 90 mins, I thought we was getting a point. It was 2 teams with a cup game in their legs.

MGW is a classy player but he need to start going for goal rather than concentrating on putting side spin on a pass

Any of you wrist slashers/conspiracy theorist's don't watch the Manchester Derby highlights.
City hit a shot which decked a defender in the head, ref blows up, defender gets up, ref walks ball back to city player and hands it to him to restart deep in Manures half, city carry on attacking.
No difference to us yesterday

I think that like Wrestling, there are are certain storylines that they want to promote.

I'm not saying that games are rigged per se, I don't think that's possible. But certain levers are pulled to influence things in certain directions.

We weren't getting any decisions against Newcastle in a game that they needed to win to get back into some contention- a popular club and good for the league. What a surprise. Against West Ham as well.

Brentford is just an error, cheating. Bournemouth? Who knows.

But it's really clear that last season, we got a lot more of our share of the decisions when we were a story. Now Luton are getting some absolutely mindboggling decisions.

At the same time, the PL are determined to fix the table to relegate us in their favour now we are no longer a story. Maybe they don't like our owner, I don't know. But having presumably told us all summer we were fine selling Johnson later, they have then gone back on that

For what it's worth, I think they've had the same thing with Wolves but they have managed too many points for it to be an issue

I think Klopp winning the league in his final season with Liverpool is a fantastic narrative for the league and great for marketing our game and that's why I feel that Liverpool fully deserved to have most major decisions go their way and to be handed the goal at the end of the game to win it.