FFP charges? | Page 112 | Vital Football

FFP charges?

See Chelsea and Man City.
Well, my point was how does an owner spend without lumbering the club with debt?

Whilst Man City and Chelsea have spent billions, their turnover is £880m and 560m...at least twice, maybe three times ours.
They're not going to default on their debts, plus nation states are kinda liquid.

A run of the mill billionaire could quite easily lose everything.
Whilst their empire is crumbling, how does a key asset - a football club - factor in their list of priorities? I'd guess fairly low down.

As such, will they continue to spunk millions during a season?
Who, therefore, covers the debts they owe...first and foremost, the tax bill.

No-one, thats who. That why they'll seek administration.

Ahh ok. It’s in the 23/24 accounts that have to be concluded 30th April and published December ’24. Which is why they are not seen yet.
That is what I am asking - yes.
The reason being that commission seemed to recognise our improved accounts moving forward - losses of 12-17m

It doesn't matter. It's rolling. We lost a lot of money in the last two seasons and can only lose about £90m over three seasons at the end of this one.

And we spend £120m again this season
But this season we have circa 120m in revenue plus 80m in player sales - so 200m
I know we have some amortisation from last seasons transfers and again from the summer & wages - but I am struggling to find over £200m spend

But this season we have circa 120m in revenue plus 80m in player sales - so 200m
I know we have some amortisation from last seasons transfers and again from the summer & wages - but I am struggling to find over £200m spend
What people seem to be forgetting is that over 3 years we overspent. 2 years at the championship limit and 1 year at the PL limit. This year it will be the other way round 2 years PL limit And 1 year championship level.

Well, my point was how does an owner spend without lumbering the club with debt?

Whilst Man City and Chelsea have spent billions, their turnover is £880m and 560m...at least twice, maybe three times ours.
They're not going to default on their debts, plus nation states are kinda liquid.

A run of the mill billionaire could quite easily lose everything.
Whilst their empire is crumbling, how does a key asset - a football club - factor in their list of priorities? I'd guess fairly low down.

As such, will they continue to spunk millions during a season?
Who, therefore, covers the debts they owe...first and foremost, the tax bill.

No-one, thats who. That why they'll seek administration.

Their turnover is such because they freely invested billions of oil money. Now they are sustainable at the elite level.

Now football is a closed shop because nobody is allowed to do the same. Chelsea and City weren't shit before oil money as you well know.

Not saying there isn't risk in investing, but why would anyone even bother under these constraints?

Newcastle clearly have the backing to break into the elite but are being prevented from doing so. It's a fucking monopoly and a disgrace.

We spent another £120m!

You can chalk £15m already because Chris Wood is not amortized at all.

So even if every player was on a 4 year contract, that's £30 +15 for wood, so £45m. Plus we paid off Shelvey, that's 5m at least.

About £166m last season; again, assume a 4 year contract on everyone, that's £41m this season as well

So, back of a fag packet calculation, you've got £90m in amortised costs plus £67m wages

I make that about £160m in costs before you pay any non playing staff or anything else.

PL money is only about £120m.

We've made about 70, but that only gives us a theoretical 30m to play with on P&S.

And that ignores the fact that we were £27m over the limit in our promotion season and about 20m over the 35m limit last season. So that's £47m. Unfortunately, the only season where we made money (21/22) disappears from our rolling average.

Which gives us, coincidentally, a figure of being about £17m deficit to find.

Back of a fag packet stuff but its easy to see how quickly the money goes

We need to hope Everton get off on some double jeopardy judgement

Their turnover is such because they freely invested billions of oil money. Now they are sustainable at the elite level.

Now football is a closed shop because nobody is allowed to do the same. Chelsea and City weren't shit before oil money as you well know.

Not saying there isn't risk in investing, but why would anyone even bother under these constraints?

Newcastle clearly have the backing to break into the elite but are being prevented from doing so. It's a fucking monopoly and a disgrace.
Because Portsmouth.

If the EPL is corrupt, it's entirely possible that Marinakis has paid for a final twist where Forest stay up after all.

Just thought I'd throw that in here.

que sera sera

does it really matter in the grand scheme of life whatever league while we are paying millions to players when kids/families are struggling to survive?

que sera sera

does it really matter in the grand scheme of life whatever league while we are paying millions to players when kids/families are struggling to survive?

Yes because it will be even more miserable if we have to suffer losing to the sheep on top of everything else.

que sera sera

Not a popular post on a football forum but all too true (and let's not even think about Gaza).