FFP charges? | Vital Football

FFP charges?

It is what it is.

Marinakis has so far done very well at spending some money while keeping us well clear of FFP problems, so I had hoped he had his figures right here. The Johnson sale and other activity seemed quite calculated around meeting obligations.

But they may have got their figures wrong or the rules wrong.

I think the rules are bullshit and designed to make the whole league a closed shop.

But if we've broken the rules then we've broken them. We take the punishment, take the relegation and say thanks for the memories I guess.

It is what it is.

Marinakis has so far done very well at spending some money while keeping us well clear of FFP problems, so I had hoped he had his figures right here. The Johnson sale and other activity seemed quite calculated around meeting obligations.

But they may have got their figures wrong or the rules wrong.

I think the rules are bullshit and designed to make the whole league a closed shop.

But if we've broken the rules then we've broken them. We take the punishment, take the relegation and say thanks for the memories I guess.
I'd be surprised if this is the case only 18 months after promotion. As you say we have spent large, and looked to spread payments over the term of player contracts.
We have 50m almost from Johnson, and between January and from June we will have around 12 players off the payroll.
We may need to sell Worrall if these rumours are true for the clear 15m, but I can't see any club who has gotten into trouble within 18 months. I am sure that the P&L will be assessed 18 months from now and its what we do from now until then which will determine that fate

Ok, so the crux of it is apparently this; our accounts run to June 30 and potentially they breach on that deadline.

Forest will argue that we would have received a far lower fee for Brennan Johnson if they sold him by 30th June. All that was on the table was £30m from Brentford then.

Not sure if that is going to fly to be honest, but we'll see

Seems a bit stupid to have the FFP cut-off for accounts in the middle of a player trading period. If that's the rule then so be it, but it's not well thought out. Surely it makes way more sense to assess a clubs financial incomings and outgoings outside of the two limited trading periods.

Ok, so the crux of it is apparently this; our accounts run to June 30 and potentially they breach on that deadline.

Forest will argue that we would have received a far lower fee for Brennan Johnson if they sold him by 30th June. All that was on the table was £30m from Brentford then.

Not sure if that is going to fly to be honest, but we'll see

The general running of the club is a shambles and we deserve to be penalised and possibly relegated if this is the case.

The general running of the club is a shambles and we deserve to be penalised and possibly relegated if this is the case.
Not really sure what else we could have done. You sell players to meet FFP, but if you have to do that before an arbitrary date only 1/3 of the way through the transfer window?

Yes, they wasted plenty too, no doubt.

But the plan was always to sell Jonno and we couldn't do that before we did really.

Worth remembering that several transfers were contingent on selling him and wouldn't have happened if we didn't. So clearly they felt that we were ok without selling him anyway.

It will come down to whether we got the sums right I guess, but ultimately our accounts are our accounts. They either breach or the don't.

Seems very harsh on promoted clubs that you are judged on championship seasons with far fewer allowable losses.

Not really sure what else we could have done. You sell players to meet FFP, but if you have to do that before an arbitrary date only 1/3 of the way through the transfer window?

Yes, they wasted plenty too, no doubt.

But the plan was always to sell Jonno and we couldn't do that before we did really.

Worth remembering that several transfers were contingent on selling him and wouldn't have happened if we didn't. So clearly they felt that we were ok without selling him anyway.

It will come down to whether we got the sums right I guess, but ultimately our accounts are our accounts. They either breach or the don't.

Seems very harsh on promoted clubs that you are judged on championship seasons with far fewer allowable losses.

Rules are rules and if you don't follow them, regardless of how harsh, then you deserve to be punished.

Rules are rules and if you don't follow them, regardless of how harsh, then you deserve to be punished.
Yeah, I agree with following rules.

I don't agree with these rules and how they work, or the premise of them.

But I don't disagree. If we have breached then, as I said, whatever comes comes

But they need to sort that shit out quickly so we know what we need to do.

Don't be deducting 10 points in April when we can do fuck all about it when they took years to do anything to Everton and gave them 2/3 of a season to make it up

Yeah, I agree with following rules.

I don't agree with these rules and how they work, or the premise of them.

But I don't disagree. If we have breached then, as I said, whatever comes comes

But they need to sort that shit out quickly so we know what we need to do.

Don't be deducting 10 points in April when we can do fuck all about it when they took years to do anything to Everton and gave them 2/3 of a season to make it up
And as you say Everton have always been in the premier league. We are 18 months into it, and regardless of the June 30th date, if the sale of Johnson 2 months later corrects this, then disepensation should be granted here, due to the fact being a newly promoted club. Also, if we don't go down this season, the allowable limit is 101m I believe, so they really cannot assess anything until they know the outcome of this season

Unfortunately, any punishment comes in April

Which is ludicrously unfair, giving the team no opportunity to respond to it on the pitch and no idea what they need to do