FFP charges? | Page 110 | Vital Football

FFP charges?

End of Seasons:

2021/2022 = 61m loss, max loss 26m ---- rolling 3 year +/- = -35m
2022/2023 = 96m loss, max loss 61m ---- rolling 3 year +/- = -35m
2023/2024 = 108m loss (at best), max loss 83m ---- rolling 3 year +/- = £25m

So, we're reducing our overall debt, but we're gonna be hit with another points penalty next season if we avoid relegation.

Of course, if we can sell one of the young guns before 30 June for £30m or so, maybe we can dodge a PSR charge.

30m, how ironic...
The BJ money has to sit in one of the last 2 years - as I see it you have excluded from both. The 96m loss is because the epl didn’t accept it in 22/23
The 23/24 loss is because Forest included it in 22/23

Does this assume the BJ money is in 22/23 as per our submission?
If this is the case and wasn’t accepted then surely it sits in 23/24 - which turns a £12m to £17m loss into a profit.
It has to sit in one year or the other
The various twitter people reckon we are going to breach again, as Everton are set to- on the double jeopardy deal.

Basically, we get punished now but that isnt over, we have to make it all back this summer or we get punished again next season

The club are apparently projecting 12-17 loss. Again, it depends if the club are trying to include it this year or last.

Given they admitted the charge, presumably they would be including it in this.

Although it's hard to see how we make a loss despite £70m of sales

I don't know why the Premier League went for an 8 point deduction-you'll have to ask them. But there was no deal for Johnson as at 30th June . Imo Marinakis gambled it all and arrogantly thought we'd have so many points we'd never go down this season so could ride a points deduction.
But you are ok if we agreed a deal with no intention to see it through to activate the shit rules? It’s just a cheat but cheating via their shit rules

The various twitter people reckon we are going to breach again, as Everton are set to- on the double jeopardy deal.

Basically, we get punished now but that isnt over, we have to make it all back this summer or we get punished again next season
Surely we must be quids in for this financial year as you pointed out 82 million in sales?

The club are apparently projecting 12-17 loss. Again, it depends if the club are trying to include it this year or last.

Given they admitted the charge, presumably they would be including it in this.

Although it's hard to see how we make a loss despite £70m of sales
I hear what you are saying but those 2 sets of figures are both missing the BJ money - our 96m loss over 3 years excludes the BJ Monet as it wasn’t accepted by EPL
Our projected 12m is loss excludes the BJ money because we put it in 22/23 accounts
Or am I missing something?

Makes no difference as it’s 3 year rolling. The rules are changing next year (probably) so probably immaterial
Of course it makes a difference - currently it appears to be excluded from both years. It has to now be added to 23/24 as epl rejected it in 22/23

I hear what you are saying but those 2 sets of figures are both missing the BJ money - our 96m loss over 3 years excludes the BJ Monet as it wasn’t accepted by EPL
Our projected 12m is loss excludes the BJ money because we put it in 22/23 accounts
Or am I missing something?
I'm saying that if the club have accepted the charge from the start, maybe we put it in the 23/24 accounts?

Not sure.

Our wage bill is apparently £66m, so not bad.

About double that coming in PL money

But we've spent another £120m and brought £70 in.

The £120m will be amortised, but not all of it; Chris Wood's £15m will be all on this season

On the understanding that things are usually worse than you hope, I think it might be perfectly possible that we are set to breach again.

@BlackGold will be absolutely elated

He's saying that it hasn't been accounted for at all because of the dispute, but I don't think he is right
Ahh ok. It’s in the 23/24 accounts that have to be concluded 30th April and published December ’24. Which is why they are not seen yet.

Last edited:
Plans are coming together nicely to end football for all but a handful of clubs.

We've spent our oil money to become established but don't you upstarts dare have a go!

Clubs should be allowed to lose whatever their idiot owners are willing to, as long as the debt isn't piled on the club.
How does that work, when, through an owner's reckless spending, they no longer have the cashflow, funds or liquidity to support the club's debts?

That means administration for the club, 20 points deduction and probably expulsion from the league they're competing in, and maybe the pyramid entiry - see portsmouth.