FFP charges? | Page 93 | Vital Football

FFP charges?

Everton Should get whatever we get.
Brentford are in the mix as well.
Its not just Luton we have to better, it will be between the 3 of us.

If we do not appeal any points deduction personally its an admission of guilt and I'll be really pissed off with the club if that's the case.

We can't willingly accept any points deduction if we believe we are not in the wrong when we are only 3 points above relegation.
The club broke the rules as they stand. We were over the limit . The 47 m is mitigation unless there is sufficient evidence which shows that transfer was happening for certain in which case we will get away with it

Last edited:
If we do not appeal any points deduction personally its an admission of guilt and I'll be really pissed off with the club if that's the case.

We can't willingly accept any points deduction if we believe we are not in the wrong when we are only 3 points above relegation.
Well we admitted our guilt to begin with which is why we are hearing the IC sentencing tomorrow. The hope is it was seen only as a technical breach: but they may feel it still needs punishing. If so 3 points isn’t fatal

Rumour on twitter at the moment is 3 pts and no appeal.

I will be very angry if the club accept that, as it just shows they really fucked up
Kieran Maguire suspects (he knows a lot of journos) it'll be 4-5 points and this is with the deduction of a promise not to appeal.

I stand by the fact i also think we have mitigation which matters.

1. Only been in the PL for one season
2. Everton got assistance and help from the PL to go in line
3. The whole point of PSP means it should benefit us - so we had to sell BJ and get the best price. Surely that’s in the best interests of the club and the whole point of this stupid charge ?
4. At most we were none compliant for 2 months

I would take max 1 point deduction but nothing more.

I stand by the fact i also think we have mitigation which matters.

1. Only been in the PL for one season
2. Everton got assistance and help from the PL to go in line
3. The whole point of PSP means it should benefit us - so we had to sell BJ and get the best price. Surely that’s in the best interests of the club and the whole point of this stupid charge ?
4. At most we were none compliant for 2 months

I would take max 1 point deduction but nothing more.
That would be a disgrace over one season

Well we admitted our guilt to begin with which is why we are hearing the IC sentencing tomorrow. The hope is it was seen only as a technical breach: but they may feel it still needs punishing. If so 3 points isn’t fatal

I get all that, but my belief is we should only have done so having taken sound legal advice and been in dialogue with the league regarding whatever our breach would be. That being the case I would not expect us to take any points penalty out of principle that we do not believe we have done anything wrong.

If we do not appeal then I think it's fairly clear we are admitting guilt that we were always aware our actions may result in a penalty. I do hope that is not the case and we had not over estimated what our league position may be come any deduction and we would be able to deal with consequences. If that is the case I will be really pissed off with the club.

Hopefully we will know one way or the other today.

No. The rumour was that it was 3pts agreed with the club on condition they don't appeal
I do not think the IC have the power to do that.

They can implement a penalty or suspended penalty but they cannot demand that there is no appeal.

Both sides, us and the PL, have right to appeal the decision.

Remember it was the EFL who appealed the original decision, when the IC decided there was no case to answer relating to the amortisation issue with Derby.

They can implement a penalty or suspended penalty but they cannot demand that there is no appeal.

Remember it was the EFL who appealed the original decision, when the IC decided there was no case to answer relating to the amortisation issue with Derby.
The IC don't, but the EPL and NFFC may see an opportunity to horse-trade with the verdict from the IC.

I’m sure that is correct. The IC are there to determine the penalty and nothing more. I’m not sure about whether the Premier league have the right to appeal the decision as the rules may be different to EFL rules on this. Even if they do have the right they won’t because they want this sorting out before the season ends.

announcement at 11am, according to twitter (here's hoping constantly referencing twitter as a source of information is proven correct this time!)

Sorry gang.

My twitter inside sources have never let me down previously, must have a meeting with them to iron out these kinks.

One of them goes by the pen name of "Big Eleanor Marquez". Big EM has flagged that the news - exclusively revealed via their twitter channel "Big EM" - is 100% guaranteed hot off the press at 1400 GMT.