FFP charges? | Page 109 | Vital Football

FFP charges?

Does anyone have access ? Was wondering whether this would explain why the PL went for 8 points?

There's also the court of public appeal.

If media coverage shows a groundswell (love that word!) of public opinion in our favour, the EPL might just back down if we appeal.

I don't think we lose anything by holding the whole process up to the light and asking if its fair or helpful.

Does anyone have access ? Was wondering whether this would explain why the PL went for 8 points?
Come on! You know it's because they hate us and most of them are vampires descended from Dracula himself.

His own head needs to roll. We can now all understand why Coops was worried for the club and why he fell out. To be honest, if he knew about this he should have told the owners look lets forget these deals

If we hadn't done the deals, we probably would have gone down last season. We have nine games to make up one point on Luton. As someone has already said, we deserve to go down if we can't achieve that. Just get on with it.

If media coverage shows a groundswell (love that word!) of public opinion in our favour, the EPL might just back down if we appeal.

I don't think we lose anything by holding the whole process up to the light and asking if its fair or helpful.
Again, public opinion in our favour would be a lot more forthcoming if we weren’t getting points docked for breaking the rules.
There may be some but nowhere near as much if we were ‘clean’.

Presumably the point is, if successful we could get a bigger penalty.
Which would show them up as even more vindictive.

Bring it on!

If they're determined to relegate us, we need a monumental effort in the last 9 games to thwart them.

If we hadn't done the deals, we probably would have gone down last season. We have nine games to make up one point on Luton. As someone has already said, we deserve to go down if we can't achieve that. Just get on with it.
You’re right if we hadn’t done those deals we may well have gone down.
And a team that did observe the rules and didn’t buy a new keeper and striker, but would have loved to if only the rules allowed them, stayed up.
How well do you think Leeds have received this news today?
Imagine the shoe on the other foot.

The EPL don’t do the appeal.

I hadnt read this before but its absolutely a spot on assessment . A conditional deal would have made it more of a near miss-a binding agreement
So basically it’s ok to “accept” a deal and not see it through to trigger near miss..but it’s not ok to get best deal possible for a player?

Rules.

Cheating on the pitch - we've been shafted by several decisions lately, some of them costing us points. No suggestion that our players cheat too much, more complaints that we're naive (not preventing the illegal free kick by Toney, not preventing Liverpool getting the ball for an incorrect drop ball).

Off the pitch - we overspent slightly but made it good by the end of the transfer window. The rules weren't aligned to the reality of transfer windows. Poor rules.

I'm tempted to look at 4 points and say 'Could have been worse', but WHY?

The most I'd accept as fair is one token point for a technical breach. You can stuff the rest.

Does this assume the BJ money is in 22/23 as per our submission?
If this is the case and wasn’t accepted then surely it sits in 23/24 - which turns a £12m to £17m loss into a profit.
It has to sit in one year or the other
Makes no difference as it’s 3 year rolling. The rules are changing next year (probably) so probably immaterial