Fascist Crap | Vital Football

Fascist Crap

Arthurly

Vital Squad Member
The song ends with the lyrics “Strong Britain, Great Nation” repeated four times.

Provocative education committee report will come as no surprise
Read more

The Department of Education in its tweet said OBON day was “when children can learn about our shared values of tolerance, kindness, pride and respect”.
One user on Twitter responded: “I don’t know where to start with this crap!
“The fact that you claim it’s about those things and you’re encouraging kids to sing this song?! This is nationalistic crap!
“Or that you’re actively using *schools* to try and campaign against Scottish independence! The whole thing is profoundly wrong!”
Another tweeted: “Who decided these were “our values” and when?”
Another tweet read: “Absolutely and utterly pathetic. This is not North Korea, for goodness sake. ‘Shared values of tolerance, kindness, pride and respect’ are a far cry from the current state of the UK.”

The song ends with the lyrics “Strong Britain, Great Nation” repeated four times.
Provocative education committee report will come as no surprise
Read more

The Department of Education in its tweet said OBON day was “when children can learn about our shared values of tolerance, kindness, pride and respect”.
One user on Twitter responded: “I don’t know where to start with this crap!
“The fact that you claim it’s about those things and you’re encouraging kids to sing this song?! This is nationalistic crap!
“Or that you’re actively using *schools* to try and campaign against Scottish independence! The whole thing is profoundly wrong!”
Another tweeted: “Who decided these were “our values” and when?”
Another tweet read: “Absolutely and utterly pathetic. This is not North Korea, for goodness sake. ‘Shared values of tolerance, kindness, pride and respect’ are a far cry from the current state of the UK.”

Couldn't agree more, Arthurly.

Have you heard the song? I couldn't bring myself to post it.

But it did remind me of this. The man is a genius!:

A patriotic song , designed to bring folk together.
Performed by the kids of St John's CofE primary school in Bradford.
Written by an immigrant Sikh who is rightly proud of his country.
Yet its fascist ?

"The campaign is being backed by the Department for Education, which is encouraging schools throughout the country to participate in the One Britain One Nation Day on Friday.

The Government department wrote on Twitter: "We're encouraging schools across the UK to celebrate One Britain One Nation Day on 25 June, when children can learn about our shared values of tolerance, kindness, pride and respect.""

Lol - tolerance, kindness pride and respect! Did whoever write that not know about Twitter?? Thankfully the self-righteous brigade have stepped in to shoot this down!

Bradford! Most of the schools can't sing anything there!

Yep Bradford , where real segregation exists between communities.
I guess Kash Singh would have witnessed first hand the problems , via his police service.
Sadly not all communities will share his British values.

I’d say that the reaction is unfortunately typical of the knee jerk whiny perpetually offended who just cannot wait for the next thing to be offended by.
I’m assuming that everyone who lives in the U.K. lives here through choice.
I’ve been to Dover and can assure everyone that there is no barbed wire keeping them in.
If you are that offended by children singing a song that was written by an immigrant into the country , then I’d suggest that maybe you have chosen to live in the wrong place.
Ireland is just a short ferry ride away. Maybe that would suit some better, but of course, it’s much easier to just stay here and moan about fucking everything.
Really sad that a small minority could so badly overreact.

I’d say that the reaction is unfortunately typical of the knee jerk whiny perpetually offended who just cannot wait for the next thing to be offended by.
I’m assuming that everyone who lives in the U.K. lives here through choice.
I’ve been to Dover and can assure everyone that there is no barbed wire keeping them in.
If you are that offended by children singing a song that was written by an immigrant into the country , then I’d suggest that maybe you have chosen to live in the wrong place.
Ireland is just a short ferry ride away. Maybe that would suit some better, but of course, it’s much easier to just stay here and moan about fucking everything.
Really sad that a small minority could so badly overreact.
Well said

The ironic thing is, the self-righteous "you can't say that, you can't do this" brigade are the ones that accuse OTHERS of being fascist!
It’s an easy word to chuck about by people who actually have little concept of what it means.
Reminds me of the ex poster WayneKerr who accused the world and his wife of being bigots, when he was clearly the biggest bigot of all. He clearly didn’t understand the definition.