FAB - Specifically Ticket Prices - Feedback for meeting March 27 | Page 9 | Vital Football

FAB - Specifically Ticket Prices - Feedback for meeting March 27

Last years were announced on April 24th.

Season ended 28th May last year and it’s the 19th May this year so if anything an announcement should be sooner. I know there’s a potential final at the end of May but strictly speaking Premier League and season tickets here.

Season ended 28th May last year and it’s the 19th May this year so if anything an announcement should be sooner. I know there’s a potential final at the end of May but strictly speaking Premier League and season tickets here.
Yup , and as I have said April is a busy month football wise and it's going to be difficult to squeeze a FAB meeting in.

Kept thinking the bubble was going to burst and 'our' (old timers this one maybe?) game might return.

But I can see no chance now. So much greed. They actually don't need our revenue that much, does that stop them? Did they not see when we couldn't go (covid) how massive a part of the product we are? Did they fuck.

What they (all clubs across the globe) should do, is look at what they are paying players and agree on a structure, not fleece the people who made this game.... the fans.

Kept thinking the bubble was going to burst and 'our' (old timers this one maybe?) game might return.

But I can see no chance now. So much greed. They actually don't need our revenue that much, does that stop them? Did they not see when we couldn't go (covid) how massive a part of the product we are? Did they fuck.

What they (all clubs across the globe) should do, is look at what they are paying players and agree on a structure, not fleece the people who made this game.... the fans.
Won't happen.

They are businesses at the end of the day and see them as marginal gains I guess.

Everyone points to the Germans and thinks they’re cheap but actually have a look and outside of the terraces they’re no better than England, at least the fans have a bit more power and bollox over there to do something about it though.

If anyone can get round the paywall there’s a very long but revealing article by Jack Gaughan in today’s Daily Mail. ( I know!). It’s entitled, “Are price hikes the beginning of the end for season tickets?”
Looks like we oldies are for the chop but less affluent younger fans are on track to be priced out of football.
One high profile executive was championing membership schemes on the grounds that they could fill their 40000 seater stadium on that basis without season ticket holders. That would involve a fee to join and then tickets for matches would be sold at a premium. Bigger mark ups for premium games being the aim. They reckoned they could increase match day revenue by 30% in that way.
Another club allegedly told staff not to worry about local fans but to focus on global reach.
The article reckons that fans up and down the country are already forming protest groups.
“To the barricades Villans.”

If anyone can get round the paywall there’s a very long but revealing article by Jack Gaughan in today’s Daily Mail. ( I know!). It’s entitled, “Are price hikes the beginning of the end for season tickets?”
Looks like we oldies are for the chop but less affluent younger fans are on track to be priced out of football.
One high profile executive was championing membership schemes on the grounds that they could fill their 40000 seater stadium on that basis without season ticket holders. That would involve a fee to join and then tickets for matches would be sold at a premium. Bigger mark ups for premium games being the aim. They reckoned they could increase match day revenue by 30% in that way.
Another club allegedly told staff not to worry about local fans but to focus on global reach.
The article reckons that fans up and down the country are already forming protest groups.
“To the barricades Villans.”

Just read it and you can find it here for free: https://m.allfootballapp.com/amp/ne...off-season-tickets---is-yours-at-risk/3336413

Although we’ve got better on the pitch, my honest opinion is I think the atmosphere is plateauing or even getting worse. For the big games it is good, but the average 3pm kick off game against a mid or lower team is a lethargic at best. Even in the championship, we had the lower North Stand with the affordable season tickets creating sometimes more noise than the Holte End. I think the last season in the championship was probably as good as it will get atmosphere wise, as the attrition of fans who make noise starts to hit due to cost.

Where I would like to see Villa change strategy on this, is to make Villa Park and the atmosphere the USP. We can’t compete with the geography of the London clubs for tourist fans who actively look to go to a game where even the likes of Fulham benefit, and we can’t compete (yet) with the perceived glamour of the North West clubs.

We have something unique with our stadium and fans, and with very midlands roots which haven’t been lost.

Increasing match day revenue in the grand scheme of running a club on this scale isn’t that material, but unfortunately the operations I presume are split into business units and each one is tasked to improve the profit and ROI it makes.

Where I think we can grow our brand, is almost how the likes of Dortmund or Barcelona in the past have done it, where the football is the life of the fans.

Last edited:
As you would expect no tickets available for tomorrow, however if I wish too pay £140 for hospitality then yes, I can have a choice of seats.

The greed we are seeing in the shops has spread to football. Like wittonite said above, you can't get a ticket for tomorrows game unless you want to spend £140. Will serve them right if there are plenty left as they would have all been snapped up at normal prices.

At some point the bubble will burst and the game will be well and truly in the shit.

The greed we are seeing in the shops has spread to football. Like wittonite said above, you can't get a ticket for tomorrows game unless you want to spend £140. Will serve them right if there are plenty left as they would have all been snapped up at normal prices.

At some point the bubble will burst and the game will be well and truly in the shit.
Last home game down the Witton End virtually all of the front two rows were empty, seats I was told by my brother he had attempted to purchase, but when you click on them on the ticket website they showed as available but they won't let you actually purchase any.

Although we’ve got better on the pitch, my honest opinion is I think the atmosphere is plateauing or even getting worse. For the big games it is good, but the average 3pm kick off game against a mid or lower team is a lethargic at best. Even in the championship, we had the lower North Stand with the affordable season tickets creating sometimes more noise than the Holte End. I think the last season in the championship was probably as good as it will get atmosphere wise, as the attrition of fans who make noise starts to hit due to cost.

Where I would like to see Villa change strategy on this, is to make Villa Park and the atmosphere the USP. We can’t compete with the geography of the London clubs for tourist fans who actively look to go to a game where even the likes of Fulham benefit, and we can’t compete (yet) with the perceived glamour of the North West clubs.

We have something unique with our stadium and fans, and with very midlands roots which haven’t been lost.

Increasing match day revenue in the grand scheme of running a club on this scale isn’t that material, but unfortunately the operations I presume are split into business units and each one is tasked to improve the profit and ROI it makes.

Where I think we can grow our brand, is almost how the likes of Dortmund or Barcelona in the past have done it, where the football is the life of the fans.
I think the atmosphere has a lot to do with Emery’s style. It’s not up and at em, it’s not traditional English blood and thunder or Klopp pressing. It’s slow and methodical and won’t get you out of your seat from the off or for 90 mims solid.

When we have fired out of the blocks , normally when attacking the Holte first half the atmosphere has been there from the off. But those are not the norm.

But obviously Emery ball has been winning football so I know what I’ll go with here.

It’s the same all over, not just Villa Park, only the away fans tend to make noise. Do agree it’s rather flat and lethargic at times, guess we all see it differently but I really can’t gloss over it myself.

As for Dortmund and Barca, they have incredibly cheap season tickets. Dortmund have one of the most expensive standing season tickets but it’s still very cheap and that’s where all the noise and riff raff is. Barcelona season tickets are also cheap if you can get one. The one thing I remember from the Real Betis season ticket holder I stayed with in Seville was how cheap his was. It match to match tickets that are expensive in Spain.

It’s the same all over, not just Villa Park, only the away fans tend to make noise. Do agree it’s rather flat and lethargic at times, guess we all see it differently but I really can’t gloss over it myself.

As for Dortmund and Barca, they have incredibly cheap season tickets. Dortmund have one of the most expensive standing season tickets but it’s still very cheap and that’s where all the noise and riff raff is. Barcelona season tickets are also cheap if you can get one. The one thing I remember from the Real Betis season ticket holder I stayed with in Seville was how cheap his was. It match to match tickets that are expensive in Spain.

I am not going to paint a picture of some fervent atmosphere at VP but sorry that is an exaggeration to say ‘only the away fans tens make a noise’ if you are applying that to VP.

Out of interest . You seem very passionate about this particular thing. Do you try anything to get the crowd around you going yourself , does it work ?. Have you thought about joining a group to try and do something. I haven’t checked this but my Dad told me last week that there was a new group set up to try and improve the atmosphere. It wasn’t Project B6 it was something else.

I am not going to paint a picture of some fervent atmosphere at VP but sorry that is an exaggeration to say ‘only the away fans tens make a noise’ if you are applying that to VP.

Out of interest . You seem very passionate about this particular thing. Do you try anything to get the crowd around you going yourself , does it work ?. Have you thought about joining a group to try and do something. I haven’t checked this but my Dad told me last week that there was a new group set up to try and improve the atmosphere. It wasn’t Project B6 it was something else.

Yeah sure am, I don’t like it when supporters get fleeced for marginal gain. It’s not just Villa, it’s happening elsewhere too as per above comments, proper supporters being pushed away. I think the £322 season ticket in 2019 and prior was cheap but other clubs had similar prices at their lower end and some still do, I fully expected to pay more in 2022 but not to the extent I did, couldn’t believe they upped it again last year on top of that.

I’m not just applying it to Villa Park, a lot of grounds are quieter now, Villa is good on its day but for the average game it’s ok at best. Is that due to gentrification? If not what is it?

I’ve said it before, I go to the games alone, I really don’t have the personality nor the confidence to start up a song on my own and hope for others to join in. When those around me with the big personalities and voices to match do it I join in. Theres around 39,000 others in there at home games so I won’t have the finger pointed at me alone for not being proactive enough when I do ‘muck’ in, no point being in The Holte otherwise. I have donated money to Project B6 in the past for their flags and displays but even they have gave up with the club now. I’ve seen there’s a new group but don’t know anything about them, I personally don’t think the European style ultra culture belongs in England (Don’t know if this group is going for that) as much as I’d admire it abroad. England has its own football culture which unfortunately is slowly drifting away.

Yeah sure am, I don’t like it when supporters get fleeced for marginal gain. It’s not just Villa, it’s happening elsewhere too as per above comments, proper supporters being pushed away. I think the £322 season ticket in 2019 and prior was cheap but other clubs had similar prices at their lower end and some still do, I fully expected to pay more in 2022 but not to the extent I did, couldn’t believe they upped it again last year on top of that.

I’m not just applying it to Villa Park, a lot of grounds are quieter now, Villa is good on its day but for the average game it’s ok at best. Is that due to gentrification? If not what is it?

I’ve said it before, I go to the games alone, I really don’t have the personality nor the confidence to start up a song on my own and hope for others to join in. When those around me with the big personalities and voices to match do it I join in. Theres around 39,000 others in there at home games so I won’t have the finger pointed at me alone for not being proactive enough when I do ‘muck’ in, no point being in The Holte otherwise. I have donated money to Project B6 in the past for their flags and displays but even they have gave up with the club now. I’ve seen there’s a new group but don’t know anything about them, I personally don’t think the European style ultra culture belongs in England (Don’t know if this group is going for that) as much as I’d admire it abroad. England has its own football culture which unfortunately is slowly drifting away.

I wasn’t pointing the finger at you alone , it was a general thing and you are the probably the most consistent and vocal around the VP atmosphere on here or lack of it, as the discussion is. I think as a country we are reserved anyway. Never have and never will have those ultra groups as you say. There are none around me that really start any songs either . Just seems to gather momentum from elsewhere. And it’s probably those who are well lubricated.

Is still don’t think it is as bad as made out at VP and like I said earlier , to me the atmosphere has been quieter in line with Unai coming in and the slower more considered build up as opposed to the Ingerland way of up and at em , get it in there.