FA cup | Page 8 | Vital Football

FA cup

STILL no news on GFC website about coach travel to Fylde - maybe they will not be running a coach - which would be a rare circumstance ! I note that GISC has reduced the fare on its coach. All points to a very low turn out by GFC fans ! It`s the FA Cup - for goodness sake !

STILL no news on GFC website about coach travel to Fylde - maybe they will not be running a coach - which would be a rare circumstance ! I note that GISC has reduced the fare on its coach. All points to a very low turn out by GFC fans ! It`s the FA Cup - for goodness sake !
They are running a Kings Ferry coach, I know someone who’s booked onto it already.

Yeah, but we've been burnt too many times in the FA Cup against supposedly lesser sides.

Looking forward to seeing the odds

Will be lumping on Fylde
The Skybet odds are: Gills 17/20, Fylde 23/10, the draw 9/4. So for those not sure how this works, if you stick £20 on Gills to win you'll get £37 back. If you put £20 on Fylde, you'll get £66 back. I think it's fair to say the bookies are expecting Gills to win.....hmm.

My main prediction for the weekend is that the TV companies will regret their pick of matches where the likes of Pompey and Ipswich uninterestingly and predictably romp to victories v non-league dross and we are humiliated by a team two divisions below. I hope I am wrong, but everything is saying we’ll lose on Saturday.

My main prediction for the weekend is that the TV companies will regret their pick of matches where the likes of Pompey and Ipswich uninterestingly and predictably romp to victories v non-league dross and we are humiliated by a team two divisions below. I hope I am wrong, but everything is saying we’ll lose on Saturday.
Quite fancy Coalville to beat Charlton. They looked good when I saw them last season.Perhaps the strongest non league side I have seen up here.

The Skybet odds are: Gills 17/20, Fylde 23/10, the draw 9/4. So for those not sure how this works, if you stick £20 on Gills to win you'll get £37 back. If you put £20 on Fylde, you'll get £66 back. I think it's fair to say the bookies are expecting Gills to win.....hmm.
I'm not a betting person - what's the odds on Gills winning a penalty shoot-out after two 0-0 draws?

Not sure I agree with that, Steve. Our players might see Saturday as less of a pressure game. The home fans at Fylde do not generate much vocal support, the away end will be loudest. Fylde have been relatively poor in recent weeks - if the Gills give 100% they should win.

Anyone know if there's any replays or have they changed that now?
Shame if they have as replays can be a good thing for lower league clubs, not that lower league clubs would have been given much consideration.

I believe that only around 100 tickets have so far been sold to GFC fans for the game at AFC Fylde - bit disappointing. Though, tbf, there will be folk who prefer to pay on the day. None of my group of 5 have got their tickets yet so perhaps there`ll be a last minute rush !

For info of anyone going, the football ground is on the edge of Wesham. There are a number of eating places on the football club estate (including KFC, Burger King, Starbucks, Greggs plus supermarket/s. The ground itself (and also its sports and education centre a couple of hundred yards from the main ground) has plenty of food outlets and the sports bar Bradleys (in the main stand - but accessible to away fans from the street side) is well worth a visit - it has a large selection of local ales for those who enjoy that sort of thing;)

I believe that only around 100 tickets have so far been sold to GFC fans for the game at AFC Fylde - bit disappointing. Though, tbf, there will be folk who prefer to pay on the day. None of my group of 5 have got their tickets yet so perhaps there`ll be a last minute rush !

For info of anyone going, the football ground is on the edge of Wesham. There are a number of eating places on the football club estate (including KFC, Burger King, Starbucks, Greggs plus supermarket/s. The ground itself (and also its sports and education centre a couple of hundred yards from the main ground) has plenty of food outlets and the sports bar Bradleys (in the main stand - but accessible to away fans from the street side) is well worth a visit - it has a large selection of local ales for those who enjoy that sort of thing;)
Apparently the GISC Coach has been cancelled

Apparently the GISC Coach has been cancelled

Oh dear, that`s a real shame. I can understand the lack of glamour visiting a far away NLN club, but it`s still the Cup and GFC could do with the £49K (inc £5K BBC) and the possibility of a real glamour tie in the 3rd round. Sometimes, clubs struggling with their league standing can do pretty well in the FA Cup.

I`ll just have to shout a bit louder !

Oh dear, that`s a real shame. I can understand the lack of glamour visiting a far away NLN club, but it`s still the Cup and GFC could do with the £49K (inc £5K BBC) and the possibility of a real glamour tie in the 3rd round. Sometimes, clubs struggling with their league standing can do pretty well in the FA Cup.

I`ll just have to shout a bit louder !
On the plus side the GISC Coach to Brentford is now full.
They had to cancel the Fylde coach due to lack of bookings which would have caused an unacceptable loss if they’d run it.

I expect for Southern based fans a £100 is about the sum for coach, food and ticket when visiting northern clubs that is a real hit for someone with a family and an ever increasing mortage to fund.
It would cost me £100 just for fuel for the 605 mile round trip so with food and ticket and tolls a home match would be around £150.
Will the clubs have to start charging more for admission with the increasing cost of floodlighting and just out of incterest has the stadium
have solar panels on the stands?