FA cup | Page 9 | Vital Football

FA cup

I expect for Southern based fans a £100 is about the sum for coach, food and ticket when visiting northern clubs that is a real hit for someone with a family and an ever increasing mortage to fund.
It would cost me £100 just for fuel for the 605 mile round trip so with food and ticket and tolls a home match would be around £150.
Will the clubs have to start charging more for admission with the increasing cost of floodlighting and just out of incterest has the stadium
have solar panels on the stands?

If clubs start charging more for admission their likely to get even less go.

I believe that only around 100 tickets have so far been sold to GFC fans for the game at AFC Fylde - bit disappointing.

I don't think that's too bad - we should sell some more today and on the day, so imagine we'll take around 300, which I guess will be about a third/quarter of the crowd. The League is the focus and we've maintained good numbers on the road for that, plus there's a train strike, so a lot who usually travel will miss this one. Stevenage and Sutton - both fairly local (and Stevenage top) only took about 300 to us in the League.

I expect for Southern based fans a £100 is about the sum for coach, food and ticket when visiting northern clubs that is a real hit for someone with a family and an ever increasing mortage to fund.
It would cost me £100 just for fuel for the 605 mile round trip so with food and ticket and tolls a home match would be around £150.
Will the clubs have to start charging more for admission with the increasing cost of floodlighting and just out of incterest has the stadium
have solar panels on the stands?

If you`re asking about Mill Farm - I don`t think so, but am not sure. Having said that, might be pointless as the sun don`t shine up `ere ;)

I don't think that's too bad - we should sell some more today and on the day, so imagine we'll take around 300, which I guess will be about a third/quarter of the crowd. The League is the focus and we've maintained good numbers on the road for that, plus there's a train strike, so a lot who usually travel will miss this one. Stevenage and Sutton - both fairly local (and Stevenage top) only took about 300 to us in the League.

That would be good - but I really don`t think we`ll reach the 200 mark - unless a fair number are looking to make a Blackpool weekend of it. If 300 turn up i`ll do a hand-stand on the pitch !

Bearing in mind there`ll be no iFollow video for the Gills @ Fylde game tomorrow, Ebbsfleet United have an FA Cup home tie v Halifax Town - who are one step higher in the footy pyramid than the Fleet. It`s a 3pm kick-off and the home team is unbeaten this season and has several ex-Gills in its ranks.

So, if Gills beat Fylde next week they are away to Dagenham, presumably on Saturday 26th November. Guess what date has just been announced for the next Train Strike !!!!!!!

Good luck to Ebbsfleet United whose home tie with Fleetwood Town is live on BBC1 at 1230 today.

Perhaps it`s written in the clouds: Round 3 - Ebbsfleet United v Gillingham (or Fleetwood v Dagenham)

Good luck to Ebbsfleet United whose home tie with Fleetwood Town is live on BBC1 at 1230 today.

Perhaps it`s written in the clouds: Round 3 - Ebbsfleet United v Gillingham (or Fleetwood v Dagenham)
Their ground has massively improved.
Unrecognisable for me.

Ebbsfleet lost 0-1 though, on the day, there was little to choose between the two sides.

The GOOD news, at the moment, provided Ipswich can find a winner at home to Buxton, is that we look on for a televised replay. Top pick will be Stockport v Charlton but, we are the only other replay and whilst there`s no Prem & Championship, one of the TV broadcasters will no doubt want to air it !!! Come on Ipswich....

Edited.. to say - Wooooo, Ipswich are 2-0 up - and wer`re gonna be live on the box week after next !!!! Kerchung..