FA cup | Page 11 | Vital Football

FA cup

Taken from the League Cup draw thread...

Leicester away for me, because the infinitesimal chance of us repeating our Brentford victory would be worth it so that I could lord it over a rival work colleague who:

a) is a rabid Leicester fan and attends all their matches
b) has admitted to crying when certain results go against them; and
c) is a massive, massive ******

Back to the draw though and this really could be Harris's last stand or chance to redeem himself. I recall some years ago when we had an FA Cup draw for a match v Fulham at home (think Stimson was in charge), but we had to negotiate a replay (or maybe a postponement) v Accrington, who then were a division or two below us. We lost pathetically and missed out on a much needed boost in a crap season and financial bonus of a Prem League cup tie against an old rival. The inadequate result went down very very badly. I think if Harris cocks up our chance for a sell-our 10K+ crowd, possible TV coverage and general boost v Leicester at home, he could well be picking up his P45, unless we produce something dramatic on Saturday (which I won't be holding my breath for).

Last edited:
Another error sheff wed v newcastle to be played at brammel lane 😳

When I heard him say that it just confirmed that these crap pundits havn't got a clue about any teams outside the PL.
As for the football league show that goes out on a Saturday night, the bloke who's on it most weeks has absolutely no personality & hasnt got a scooby about football, he does tick the the boxes though for the job.

Dagenham & Redbridge v Leicester looks like a tv game, not sure about us v Leicester but a team near the foot of League 2 potentially upsetting a pl team would be a good story. Would Leicester play their first XI though?

Cue the commentators and presenters patronising attitudes to the smaller teams describing the likes of Gills as 'plucky' or 'minnows' taking on the 'superstars'. I swear half of them have never heard of Gillingham and think they are a bunch of part timers who work in a chip shop all week and play Saturdays. Do any of them ever watch proper football?

Cue the commentators and presenters patronising attitudes to the smaller teams describing the likes of Gills as 'plucky' or 'minnows' taking on the 'superstars'. I swear half of them have never heard of Gillingham and think they are a bunch of part timers who work in a chip shop all week and play Saturdays. Do any of them ever watch proper football?

They can see into the future :oops:

Draw for the 1st Round Proper of the FA Cup takes place in a couple of weeks time, when winning teams from the 4th Qualifying round will join L1 & L2 teams in the hat.

4th Qualifying Round (to be played Sat 14th Oct) Draw made today - Kent teams involved:

Torquay United v Maidstone United
AFC Totton v Ramsgate
Eastleigh v Dover Athletic
Billericay Town v Sheppey United
Ebbsfleet United
v Salisbury or Slough Town

And, to keep the London Borough almost in Kent brigade happy ;) :

Boreham Wood v Gosport or Welling United
Bromley
v Wealdstone
Carshalton Athletic or Cray Valley PM v Enfield Town

First Round proper games will be played on Saturday 4th November - Ebbsfleet v Gills, anybody ?

Draw for the 1st Round Proper of the FA Cup takes place in a couple of weeks time, when winning teams from the 4th Qualifying round will join L1 & L2 teams in the hat.

4th Qualifying Round (to be played Sat 14th Oct) Draw made today - Kent teams involved:

Torquay United v Maidstone United
AFC Totton v Ramsgate
Eastleigh v Dover Athletic
Billericay Town v Sheppey United
Ebbsfleet United
v Salisbury or Slough Town

And, to keep the London Borough almost in Kent brigade happy ;) :

Boreham Wood v Gosport or Welling United
Bromley
v Wealdstone
Carshalton Athletic or Cray Valley PM v Enfield Town

First Round proper games will be played on Saturday 4th November - Ebbsfleet v Gills, anybody ?

Sheppey Utd v Gills would be class.

Good luck to all Kent teams playing today to earn a place in the First Round Proper. Huge day for many non-league clubs - proper special day in the footy calendar !

Sheppey United v Walsall -selected for Live TV - ITV on Friday 3rd November 7.45 - brilliant for Sheppey.

Other live TV games from First Round Proper:

Bromley v Blackpool BBC 5.45 pm Sat 4th
Chesterfield v Portsmouth ITV 1215pm Sun 5th
Crewe v Derby ITVX 2.45 Sun 5th
Charlton v Cray Valley PM BBC 5.30pm Sun 5th