F@@@ The Disabled | Page 22 | Vital Football

F@@@ The Disabled

IDS is a disgusting human being. Let's not forget this is the same guy who claimed a £39 breakfast on expenses and then has the nerve to target disabled people who get around the same money simply to survive http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/iain-duncan-smith-claimed-breakfast-1810086

The Fear - 31/8/2015 18:23

Irrelevant BringbakMON unless you think disabled less of a problem that all the others.

(Kefkat, that is quoting too much of an article, can you please edit it down, had a few approaches from papers recently with take down notices)

Done :14: Only other paper it is in is The Independent

I'd imagine it may not be prioritising but more sector of knowledge so the UN can appoint the right 'people' with the right knowledge to look into this situation.

BringbakMON - 28/8/2015 18:46

Brrrrrrrrr
Outrageous - people on benefits die - who knew

'death rates had remained in line with trends in the wider population' - oh

still lets have some outrage

figures are not actually that meaningful in isolation but hey ho

You seem not to have had any need of welfare and being ill! It seems you go along with the government line that the media feed you.

These are facts. You know these people were on the sick for a reason. There Dr's will have given them medical notes. The medical people for the benefits agency aren't there to help people.

You clearly don't know enough about this to comment in anyway of empathy or concern. This isn't about righteous outrage. It is about what is happening that is truth

kefkat - 28/8/2015 23:23

Brrrrrrrrr
Outrageous - people on benefits die - who knew

'death rates had remained in line with trends in the wider population' - oh

still lets have some outrage

figures are not actually that meaningful in isolation but hey ho

You seem not to have had any need of welfare and being ill! It seems you go along with the government line that the media feed you.

These are facts. You know these people were on the sick for a reason. There Dr's will have given them medical notes. The medical people for the benefits agency aren't there to help people.

You clearly don't know enough about this to comment in anyway of empathy or concern. This isn't about righteous outrage. It is about what is happening that is truth

I presume you haven't bothered to read the report (or maybe don't understand it ?)
and are much more comfortable just being outraged

Please do explain though the empathy needed when a mortality rate is as expected ?
People die - sorry that's a fact - no amount of happy clapping and kumbaya my lord changes that.

Good to know though that JSA'ers live longer than the employed - hallelujah Jeremy Kyle the redeemer

(more detailed analysis of the stats is needed but let's not let that get in the way )

Bringbak is a good lad the problem is there has been people taking the pizz on benefits seen it myself folk getting free cars etc etc so people working get frustrated on the whole working for peanuts with the idea of folk getting more money than them,,,,,,these frustrations i do get trouble is this government have no effort to weed out the bad but attack all in need that really need it.

I am not into reactions about it all. I have seen too much of what goes on within the system. This system isn't there to help you. It is there to get you off benefits.

Not Jeremy Kyle stuff this. It is what I know, what I see and dealt with helping others. I also have access to resources that give me more in depth info.

Let's get this straight. None of this is headline news tomorrow. Why? Because in general the Tory papers aren't interested.

It serves them better to put the odd headline in of a family ripping off benefits and people think it is everyone.

The actual no of people and the government know this stat that are fiddling the system is less than 1%. Yes that is 1% too many. However the monies that go on ESA/Jobseekers are alot less than you think.

The benefit breakdown is as follows:

State pensions and age-related benefits, such as winter fuel allowance and free TV licences, will account for £95bn
Child tax credits and working tax credits - £30bn
Housing benefit - £26bn
Disability and incapacity benefits - £37bn (this includes carer's allowance, attendance allowane (for the over 65's plus various others)
Child benefit - £12bn
Pension credit - £6bn
Jobseekers Allowance and income support - £5bn

Here is a link to it

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-33221968

This next link breaks down everyone of the benefits that come under the welfare state into each part smaller than that above

http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2013/jan/08/uk-benefit-welfare-spending#data

The next post if it will upload will show you the breakdown. I can't find this years however this will give you a better idea of how it all breaks down.

Can we also remember that people who are on the sick/job seekers may have gone on to those benefits already owning those things.

Believe me the 99.5 who are genuine get just as pissed off with those taking the piss out of the system, if not more.

The only people who get ''free'' cars are those who are on DLA/PIP'S and get high rate of mobility. They change that high rate in for a car.

No one said bringbak isn't a good lad. Like alot of things it's a heated debate, which brings many attitudes out

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/un-to-investigate-uk-over-human-rights-abuses-against-disabled-people-caused-by-welfare-reform-10478536.html

The UN is to visit the UK to investigate whether Iain Duncan Smith’s welfare reforms have caused “grave or systematic violations” of disabled peoples’ human rights, it has been reported.

A politician lying to us?

This I cannot believe! lol

The Department for Work and Pensions battled for months against disability charities and campaigners in order to not to release the numbers, with Mr Duncan Smith at one point telling Parliament they did not exist.

Would you keep your job if you lied to your 'customers' or boss etc? Doubt it.

The help this Government (not sticking up for the last government, they started this) have given to disabled people.

We are all in this together as long as you aren't the inconvenient yukky disabled people...?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/7-ways-iain-duncan-smith-has-helped-disabled-people-so-far-10468920.html

The media is making so much of this eh! :21: I hope they are investigated properly, however I expect it to be brushed under the carpet.

I shall send that link to my sources to see if they can dig deeper. I hate the sight of that man face. I just want to punch him and he makes me feel sick, he really does

BringbakMON - 31/8/2015 16:53

It's a good job the UN have sorted out all the other problems in the world that they now have time to 'investigate' political policies over here.

Political policies?

Don't you mean “grave or systematic violations” of disabled people’s human rights?

You've commented a few times on the disabled, your wording speaks volumes, so I have to ask, what's your problem? You obviously have one with us, so what is it?

Are you jealous that some of us get Gov handouts? Do you believe that once we are no longer productive members of society that we should be euphanased?

Or are you just one of those people who parks in disabled spots because you have no morals or empathy for others?

When reading the thread title I was not sure if it was violations of disabled people that are grave or violations of the graves of disabled people. Not that either are particularly desirable.

'death rates had remained in line with trends in the wider population'

Obviously that is a true statement, it hasn't been "massaged" like the unemployment figures, immigration :6: :6: :6:

The Gov fought to keep these figures from us, if they were not damning why would they bother?

People committed suicide because their benefits were stopped, that is a fact, it is also a fact that many others committed suicide for completely different reasons, does that make those who committed suicide due to the Govs actions any less disgraceful? I think not.

If one of those was your parent, would your view be the same?